whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So you answered the phone for one day and sold 7500 ? Wow that's quite a turnaround from having a few trims to a strong week ! Awesome that's some salesmanship

Eeyup. Them ladies love a beard. Thinking of bouncing out of town for a day or two. What's good in Joisey?

Eeyup. Them ladies love a beard. Thinking of bouncing out of town for a day or two. What's good in Joisey?

Right now all of it ! Crazy stupid work , and this weekend were gonna be red necking it up , tomorrow I am going fishing with tree legend down in north wildwood tomorrow night sat I got work in the morning then a coaches game and then were supposed to go fishing again , going for a real weekend of being completely useless and relaxed

felt beat up today so i rested... good thing too... it was 102 out there... finished up this job yesterday (yeah it took all day)... there was a pile of pine cones the size of a small car:msp_sad:...
P9135783.jpg

Finished up the storm damaged tree. Worked a 14 hour day today. My buddy came out with his crane, and 18 wheeler to pickup the wood. Biggest stump i have ever ground. 5'8" diameter where we started grinding. It took about 5 hours to grind it out with my 1625asjr. Came home exhausted and they some lady rear ended me on my way to pick up pizza. Had my first ride in the ambulance. Necks sore, but gotta get up and do another long day tomorrow.
attachment.php

attachment.php

252831d1347606649-morrow6-jpg

252832d1347606650-morrow7-jpg

252828d1347606644-morrow8-jpg

Last edited:
I must have missed it but what kind of job did you end up with out in Cali? Are you going to sell your trademark and clients? just wondering because it might be worth more than you think. if you kept track of everything you did you can get 20% out of a client list for so many years (Sometimes). They can be hard to sell.

I will be the SoCal District Manager for a big show (non-disclosure agreement) I can say, once I am seated. Start Nov 1st. They didn't recruit me for my tree skills, they have those guys, most are probably way better than me. They wanted me for my sales, operational and leadership exp, that is what they are after. I wont be dong any field work.
Not selling any of the trademarked/copyrighted stuff. Keeping the company name and its legal status. Website will stay up and refer all field work to the Service I choose. Keeping the phone number.Client list is for sale and have 2 interested, but if the price isn't right, I will give it to a third. Making sure that my clients are taken care of by a good honest CA. Last time I left, when I was called back to Marines, I didn't think about this, and A holes went around saying I went under,I was on the run, all kinds of BS. They took my name and number and then destroyed them by super hackin. I have safeguarded for that this time
20% is what I thought too, but no one is going to have that coin. I stay small and still do very well. The phone number has way more potential, if they wanted to bid everything that comes in. I stay away from certain areas and certain types of work, so I pick and choose a lot. Get lots of calls for monsters, but I have been there and done that. No glory for me anymore. I like the multiple 40-50ft prunes at Hi-End estates, nice and easy, same money. I would rather leave the saws on the truck and just use my Zubat. Still do big stuff, but only for people I know and prior clients, but try real hard to avoid them. Things are good right now, and getting better, but my body isn't, this is why I am choosing to become a company man! Could never find "the guy" that I felt completely confident in running the field side while I was not there. Everyone wants to take unnecessary chances when the boss is away.Plan was to get a Jedi, then I would focus on the sales and build this into a big show, that was never going to happen. No one here was good enough. If they where good in the tree, they had major personal problems, if they didn't have any personal problems, they sucked in the tree.

We start production of the Gomer Pyle Cake Boss soon. Gunna make a fruit cake for everyone here, with nice wittle cherry on top.

Beer and Tacos

Last edited:
I will be the SoCal District Manager for a big show (non-disclosure agreement) I can say, once I am seated. Start Nov 1st. They didn't recruit me for my tree skills, they have those guys, most are probably way better than me. They wanted me for my sales, operational and leadership exp, that is what they are after. I wont be dong any field work.
Not selling any of the trademarked/copyrighted stuff. Keeping the company name and its legal status. Website will stay up and refer all field work to the Service I choose. Keeping the phone number.Client list is for sale and have 2 interested, but if the price isn't right, I will give it to a third. Making sure that my clients are taken care of by a good honest CA. Last time I left, when I was called back to Marines, I didn't think about this, and A holes went around saying I went under,I was on the run, all kinds of BS. They took my name and number and then destroyed them by super hackin. I have safeguarded for that this time
20% is what I thought too, but no one is going to have that coin. I stay small and still do very well. The phone number has way more potential, if they wanted to bid everything that comes in. I stay away from certain areas and certain types of work, so I pick and choose a lot. Get lots of calls for monsters, but I have been there and done that. No glory for me anymore. I like the multiple 40-50ft prunes at Hi-End estates, nice and easy, same money. I would rather leave the saws on the truck and just use my Zubat. Still do big stuff, but only for people I know and prior clients, but try real hard to avoid them. Things are good right now, and getting better, but my body isn't, this is why I am choosing to become a company man! Could never find "the guy" that I felt completely confident in running the field side while I was not there. Everyone wants to take unnecessary chances when the boss is away.Plan was to get a Jedi, then I would focus on the sales and build this into a big show, that was never going to happen. No one here was good enough. If they where good in the tree, they had major personal problems, if they didn't have any personal problems, they sucked in the tree.

We start production of the Gomer Pyle Cake Boss soon. Gunna make a fruit cake for everyone here, with nice wittle cherry on top.

Beer and Tacos

I'm happy for you, Scott. I believe you're a guy who's worked for it and deserves it and it seems like the timing is right.
Phil

Good stuff, we use to rent a 60ton a lot but the price of the rental sky rocketed up here with all the gas drilling going on. You use to be able to rent a JLG man lift for like $800 a day now its over $1400. Then even if your willing to pay 1400$ your lucky to get one they are all usually rented out on well sites. Not sure what they want for a 60ton now but i know they wont show up around here endless its a couple grand and they are not staying for long for that. The smaller guys like 25-30 tons you can still get at a decent rate 900-1k per day.

It was close to a few grand, but money well spent. Even with paying off the crane, we put a fairly large gross for the days work.

Even after doing 5 large trees, the guys weren't beat. :)

I went out and smoked out another job just for good measure ! I love being tired of working for the first week in almost 3 years we are on the work , and I have plenty to look at for next week too ! All I can say is thank you tree gods for shining down on me , I am gonna sack it away like a squirrel too !

This was from last Friday, can't believe it's been a week already! Had to slice, dice and roll all of this Oak out of the backyard through this little gate and curbed sidewalk, no room for a crane. This is after I already dumped 1 truckload.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Everything running together lately. Oct. full, hopefully new people can wait until Novmber, never been this busy this time of year.

Latest posts

Back