whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 279260View attachment 279261Replaceing lower cutter wheel bearings on my 1625 Super jr, they had a little play in them so i thought i would replace them now because work is SO SLOW. Took it apart and ordered the bearings and then O MY GOD $220.00 each. Never new they would be that bad, i was thinking $80.00 each.

Last edited:
Well,if all you do is removals it looks good. Are you the same dude thats a fireman,pretty impressive set up for a sidework.

Thanks.

Yes I'm a firefighter. Been one since 1988.
I have also been removing trees since 1984, however not as much as I have been in the last five years. Usually 40+ hours a week from April to December. Doesn't feel like side work anymore.
I've been lucky to have great groundsmen and an additional climber who can run the show when I can't be there.

Some people in life have been blessed with a job that they love. I am very fortunate in having two.

Well im a arborist, not a writer for the new yorker. My grammar sucks, and im terrible speller guess thats why I climb trees. You on the other hand cant climb but are a great at posting. View attachment 279245

Yea keep telling yourself that ! Professional tree worker who can't spell ..... And that's what the stereotype means LOL

View attachment 279260View attachment 279261Replaceing lower cutter wheel bearings on my 1625 Super jr, they had a little play in them so i thought i would replace them now because work is SO SLOW. Took it apart and ordered the bearings and then O MY GOD $220.00 each. Never new they would be that bad, i was thinking $80.00 each.

Screw that, cancel that order and contact these guys or somebody simliar http://www.motionindustries.com/motion3/jsp/mii/LocationsMI.jsp. Nothing special about those bearings. I got them for $89 when I did mine last winter. Sealmaster NP24.

Picked up my new grinder Thursday. Left at 4am thursday morning and we are gonna drive straight back. Be home in7hrs. Been on the road for almost 21hrs. I drove the first 20 he's now my employees gonna drive for a while so I can sleep.

Just got home 29 hours after i left. What a long trip. Glad i am back, got the go ahead on a huge 2 day job.

The guys down at Globel Equipment Exports are a great bunch of guys. The grinder was exactly as described, and Randy is very knowledgeable. When I buy my next piece of equipment from them, I know its gonna come as described, and I will just have them ship it to me. I am would highly recommend dealing with them if you need any equipment.

attachment.php

Just got home 29 hours after i left. What a long trip. Glad i am back, got the go ahead on a huge 2 day job.

The guys down at Globel Equipment Exports are a great bunch of guys. The grinder was exactly as described, and Randy is very knowledgeable. When I buy my next piece of equipment from them, I know its gonna come as described, and I will just have them ship it to me. I am would highly recommend dealing with them if you need any equipment.

attachment.php

thats a nice machine!... now you can get some rest... i bet you cant wait to rip into some stumps...
i worked a 50 year old 40 foot tall grapefruit today... the grapefruits were like bowling balls... got a couple checks and gave away 2 bags of oranges and 2 bags of grapefruits... it was smiles all around...

you guys enjoy your weekend...

The days here in Nor Cal have been so nice its scary!!!

sounds like possible rain next tues, but it will still be a "beautiful day"

Last edited:
pulled the muff off my old 029 drilled a few extra holes in the baffle blocker & openned the gas defector exit hole a bit to wake it up a tad. But now its to hot humid to want to test run so will wait n see cool of Sunday morning just for new neighbours across the paddock.

attachment.php

Nice grinder. I thought I put on some weight over the winter.. yikes! Lol. :laugh:

Went to the beach yesterday, got up to 81! Took my 16 y/o, thought he was going to have a heart attack. SO MANY BIKINIS. He would start talking, then stop mid sentence, completely loose his train of thought as his neck twisted in very strange angle's. He looks at me and says "now I know why u always have your shades on" Glad to see he is learning!

Does my grinder make me look fat?

Its your beard.

Nice grinder BTW. We have this junk Vermeer, SC 60 (or sumtin like dat) track machine. It has electric buttons, instead of hyd levers. There is no "feel" to it, so no chance of "finesse" Then, right before I started, they bought this walk behind Dosco, the kind that you have to manually swing back and forth :bang: Thing is a joke.

Back