whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Iv been doing this big a## sycamore for the fire Captain up in mount baldy for years, but haven't climbed it in three years. It's huge. Normally we'll have three or four climber up there. The tree is infested with mistletoe. Lots of it is way out on the ends, and in the tip top. The tree has a weird shape from being topped many years ago. The branches growing from the old topping cuts are now 18in and 40 ft above them old cutsView attachment 289777View attachment 289778View attachment 289779 anyway today me and one other climber did the mistletoe removal. I did most of it by my self in about 5 hours using SRT. I not as fast as I was 3 years ago but the SRT made me shine in that tree and I was able to do what took 4 climber a long day to do in less time by my self today(OK me and one scared climber) I'm not patting my self on the back, I'm giving credit to the SRT Baby!

Lol I would be giving credit to muh wraptor lol scared of what ? Was they a coon in dat hole or bee's ?

was that you in the tree ? Here that baby will only fetch 800.00 hardly worth using the crane unless you own it!

That's treemandan. I am not in the shape anymore for such a big tree. I charged $3500 for tree, stump, and reseeding. Sold the logs for about $500. He is a good customer of mine, so I gave it to him at great price. Should have been $500 - $1000 more.

Ya did mate, but no matter, i see there's more now.

Looked like a big wobbly one. Probably worse stood underneath than when you actually got up there!

Today we have a big old fir to smoke. I'd have thought nothing of taking your tulip down Dan, but I feel bad that we're gonna kill this fir today. Not cool

That's treemandan. I am not in the shape anymore for such a big tree. I charged $3500 for tree, stump, and reseeding. Sold the logs for about $500. He is a good customer of mine, so I gave it to him at great price. Should have been $500 - $1000 more.

Ahh yeah well just saying here it goes for 800 I agree 3500 is worth it just wont get it :cheers:

Took a bucket truck over to the kid's school for a kindergarten career day thing. Let the kids bounce around in the cab for a bit, heard 13 "my daddy has a chainsaw" stories. Had a great time, my little girl was excited I was able to make it in.

Went to the eye doc, seeing my doctor in a bit about my back. Leaning towards going to the back cracker. Got a lot of hard work ahead of me, time to get out of the bad habits and start taking care of myself.

Of course, I took the day off a few weeks back, and tomorrows forecast isn't looking good, we'll probably have the day off.

Took a bucket truck over to the kid's school for a kindergarten career day thing. Let the kids bounce around in the cab for a bit, heard 13 "my daddy has a chainsaw" stories. Had a great time, my little girl was excited I was able to make it in.

Went to the eye doc, seeing my doctor in a bit about my back. Leaning towards going to the back cracker. Got a lot of hard work ahead of me, time to get out of the bad habits and start taking care of myself.

Of course, I took the day off a few weeks back, and tomorrows forecast isn't looking good, we'll probably have the day off.

Don't go ..... There's a reason they are so cheap , because once you start you gotta keep going

Don't go ..... There's a reason they are so cheap , because once you start you gotta keep going

Nope. Never again. I went to one once after a fall which screwed up my neck. Nothing showed up on X-rays at Emerg. A week or two later, still waking up in middle of night, feels like someone is twisting my arm off. Book appointment with this nice chiropractor chick. Tell her I hurt my neck in a fall, blah, blah, blah. And the stupid bugger still cracked my neck. you wanna talk bout PAIN. I told her she had killed me. She looked worried. Up until that point I was feeling like a million bucks - the nice massage deal, etc.

Went back to doctor next day, and he said I was "stupid" (his exact words) for going to a chiropractor. End result was the next set of X-rays were kinda wonky. Ended up wearing a collar thingamajig for awhile to limit neck movement. Also got an MRI which showed spinal cord compression which happily resolved itself in a couple more weeks.

Today's fun.

8u8ejevu.jpg

2arygu8a.jpg

u5yquhy9.jpg

epevazud.jpg

Last edited:
Did you removethe other tree down in addition to the uprooted one, Matt?
Looks like it's also fixing to put a hurt on that Ford when it gets back from the body shop.

Ya did mate, but no matter, i see there's more now.

Looked like a big wobbly one. Probably worse stood underneath than when you actually got up there!

Today we have a big old fir to smoke. I'd have thought nothing of taking your tulip down Dan, but I feel bad that we're gonna kill this fir today. Not cool

Jeez yer like my kid telling me I did something I didn't. It must have been some kind of glich because whatever I post on Arborsite.com stays on Arborsite.com... unless they ban me for it then delete it themselves. Which pics are you talking about, it looks like they are all still there.

My thoughts as of late are to cut them all down now before they fall. I was talking to Jared's client about this big tulip, I asked what it felt like sleeping under such a thing.

I gave Jared's client my business card and said that I would have charged 6k.:laugh:

There is no way I can believe that tree is worth 800 in Ourcansass.

Well It probably would go for less the one I did out the roof had a 800.00 bid on it too then one just a bit higher than mine! Too many illegals and hillbillies here bro lol.

If I had to cut that tree down for 800 I will say I would change professions ... I mean I feel sorry for you man

there's like 25 tree services in a town with 50k people!

The highest I ever bid a got was 3500. It was quite a bit larger than that tree and on the roof. I told him it needed a crane and won that bid even though someone else bid it at 1800 I explained without a crane it would take out his wall if someone just cut it the other service was gonna do no crane hahaha

Last edited:
If I had to cut that tree down for 800 I will say I would change professions ... I mean I feel sorry for you man

I really did tell the client I would have charge 6k. Man, the risk is great! I even told Jared I had to beat him over the head for extra money. The crane guy was a little shook up, he is used to lifting building materials. He don't like doing trees but like me, Jared sweet-talks him saying, " its easy!" and " all ya gotta do is..." or "We'll have it done by noon." Man, I am such an ####### to listen to that guy.:D

I really did tell the client I would have charge 6k. Man, the risk is great! I even told Jared I had to beat him over the head for extra money. The crane guy was a little shook up, he is used to lifting building materials. He don't like doing trees but like me, Jared sweet-talks him saying, " its easy!" and " all ya gotta do is..." or "We'll have it done by noon." Man, I am such an ####### to listen to that guy.:D

Quit #####ing and eat a snickers bar ! Your like a chick sometimes

Back