whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
there's like 25 tree services in a town with 50k people!

The highest I ever bid a got was 3500. It was quite a bit larger than that tree and on the roof. I told him it needed a crane and won that bid even though someone else bid it at 1800 I explained without a crane it would take out his wall if someone just cut it the other service was gonna do no crane hahaha

Dang!
That sucks! It sure is regional, Sometimes you remind of that tv show,'Green Acre's',,,,
Do you have to climb up a telephone pole to answer it?
Jeff :hmm3grin2orange:

I really did tell the client I would have charge 6k. Man, the risk is great! I even told Jared I had to beat him over the head for extra money. The crane guy was a little shook up, he is used to lifting building materials. He don't like doing trees but like me, Jared sweet-talks him saying, " its easy!" and " all ya gotta do is..." or "We'll have it done by noon." Man, I am such an ####### to listen to that guy.:D

It was a big tree but pretty easy tree. Like you said you didnt even run a full tank of fuel threw your 200t. There is a risk in most tree removals, and this tree was no different. It was tall enough that there was plenty of room to let the pieces run. The biggest problem was with branch tips braking off when catching them. You got all worked up over nothing as soon as you got out of your truck, saying that it was gonna take you two days to do this huge tree. You got to ride the wraptor to 75' and you only had about 5 hours of climbing time. The crane I had there is on the smaller side at being only 15 ton, but i have ran that crane many times before, and i know what it is and isnt capable of.

First tree i ever climbed was this size. Didnt have a porty or a pully, so i natural crotched the whole tree down except for the three branches that could be just cut and let fall. Those 4 sycamores i did last month, each one was just about as spread out as this tulip was. Just didnt have to rope them down.

Has anyone considered getting a tandom axle roll off dumpster truck with a grapple like this one. I was thinking about taking a look at it after spending 6 hours the other day moving wood from the jobsite. If i would get it, i would get a 30 yd dumpster and put a removable top on it so i could chip into it.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Has anyone considered getting a tandom axle roll off dumpster truck with a grapple like this one. I was thinking about taking a look at it after spending 6 hours the other day moving wood from the jobsite. If i would get it, i would get a 30 yd dumpster and put a removable top on it so i could chip into it.

attachment.php

attachment.php

That im my opinion would be a pretty baddass setup! Just having the loader alone will make a huge difference but having the ability to drop a box on the ground would be handy every now and then. With the 30 yard box you will find yourseld brush loading sometimes too, i dont know what your dump situation is though... there are a lot of times i wish our loaders tipped a lot of times it would save sending a truck out, fit chips and logs on the same load...

Dang!
That sucks! It sure is regional, Sometimes you remind of that tv show,'Green Acre's',,,,
Do you have to climb up a telephone pole to answer it?
Jeff :hmm3grin2orange:

Lmfao No but I do have to walk around the house and sometimes outside to get signal :( Occasionally you have to run up a tree to get away from a wild boar tusk tusk :)

Last edited:
That im my opinion would be a pretty baddass setup! Just having the loader alone will make a huge difference but having the ability to drop a box on the ground would be handy every now and then. With the 30 yard box you will find yourseld brush loading sometimes too, i dont know what your dump situation is though... there are a lot of times i wish our loaders tipped a lot of times it would save sending a truck out, fit chips and logs on the same load...

A grapple truck and chips wtf for lol the only reason to have it imo is no chipping! With my old one, I really miss it but I would clean up most trees in one load! The added cost was a huge factor here though so I don't miss that part and am steering more toward a dump trailer!

Last edited:

attachment.php

attachment.php

It's has my approval :) They are expensive to have here in MA, 20 per thousand lb yearly reg fee, about 3500 a year for ins, fuel maintenance etc. But if you can use it on a regular basis, it will pay those bills with ease. Thats at least a 56K truck. I had one without the dumpster and ended up selling it. But I generally work in much tighter areas than you do where you are.

What is the price, and specs/mileage/hours?

Last edited:
It was a big tree but pretty easy tree. Like you said you didnt even run a full tank of fuel threw your 200t. There is a risk in most tree removals, and this tree was no different. It was tall enough that there was plenty of room to let the pieces run. The biggest problem was with branch tips braking off when catching them. You got all worked up over nothing as soon as you got out of your truck, saying that it was gonna take you two days to do this huge tree. You got to ride the wraptor to 75' and you only had about 5 hours of climbing time. The crane I had there is on the smaller side at being only 15 ton, but i have ran that crane many times before, and i know what it is and isnt capable of.

First tree i ever climbed was this size. Didnt have a porty or a pully, so i natural crotched the whole tree down except for the three branches that could be just cut and let fall. Those 4 sycamores i did last month, each one was just about as spread out as this tulip was. Just didnt have to rope them down.

See? There you go with that "easy" stuff again !:msp_razz: Its good to see kids today with so much gumption. Alls I need is a good pep rally and a tank of gas... and a wraptor... and crane... and a big ass rope... and couple loaders... some asprin...

Pic of whats left of the tulip tree. Has some great mineral colors in it, so i am gonna try to get a slab for a table top. Bottoms pretty punky, so guess we will have to see if i can get a good cookie out of it.

attachment.php

Pic of whats left of the tulip tree. Has some great mineral colors in it, so i am gonna try to get a slab for a table top. Bottoms pretty punky, so guess we will have to see if i can get a good cookie out of it.

attachment.php

How do you like those over tire tracks? What benefits are there over tires.

How do you like those over tire tracks? What benefits are there over tires.

I love them I can track right up over a dumped pile of chips without a problem. They give you tons more traction. I got the cheap but I need to think about getting new rubber pads.

I would love to get a pair of the loggering vts track systems though. They are so much better

See? There you go with that "easy" stuff again !:msp_razz: Its good to see kids today with so much gumption. Alls I need is a good pep rally and a tank of gas... and a wraptor... and crane... and a big ass rope... and couple loaders... some asprin...

I have been trying to not speak unless I have something nice to say lately. Can you tell?? :laugh:

Latest posts

Back