whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
8:10 PM and the #### just hit the fan. All set to go for tomorrow's festivities, my loader operator just called me up, the brakes just went on his truck, so I will have to go get the machine first thing in the morning. Wonderful. Otherwise all set.

Tree related death

East Drumore Township man dies when tree branch falls on himIntelligencer Journal
Lancaster New Era
Updated Apr 23, 2013 07:39
East Drumore TownshipMore Sharing Services
Related Topics
Stephen Diamantoni (345)
Originally Published Apr 22, 2013 16:34
By DAN NEPHIN
Staff Writer
[email protected]
A wayward branch killed a 58-year-old East Drumore Township man Monday when it fell on him while a tree on his property was being cut down.

Martin J. Rineer and his sister, Bertie Rineer, were having poplars on their property logged when Martin went to tell workers that a truck (to haul the wood) would not be arriving Monday, Bertie Rineer said.

"All I knew is, the electric went out and I went out to see what happened and the (worker) said a tree fell" on her brother, Bertie Rineer said.

Lancaster County Coroner Dr. Stephen Diamantoni ruled the death an accident caused by multiple traumatic injuries. No autopsy will be performed.

"It was witnessed. The cause and manner were clear," he said.

The large branch killed Rineer immediately, the coroner said.

The tree, with a trunk about 26 inches in diameter, fell in a different direction than intended, Diamantoni said.

"I think it's just an unfortunate incident, a tragic accident," he said.

The accident was reported about 1:13 p.m. Monday at the Rineers' property at 714 Center Road, about two miles south of Quarryville off of Robert Fulton Highway.

Read more: East Drumore Township man dies when tree branch falls on him - News

East Drumore Township man dies when tree branch falls on himIntelligencer Journal
Lancaster New Era
Updated Apr 23, 2013 07:39
East Drumore TownshipMore Sharing Services
Related Topics
Stephen Diamantoni (345)
Originally Published Apr 22, 2013 16:34
By DAN NEPHIN
Staff Writer
[email protected]
A wayward branch killed a 58-year-old East Drumore Township man Monday when it fell on him while a tree on his property was being cut down.

Martin J. Rineer and his sister, Bertie Rineer, were having poplars on their property logged when Martin went to tell workers that a truck (to haul the wood) would not be arriving Monday, Bertie Rineer said.

"All I knew is, the electric went out and I went out to see what happened and the (worker) said a tree fell" on her brother, Bertie Rineer said.

Lancaster County Coroner Dr. Stephen Diamantoni ruled the death an accident caused by multiple traumatic injuries. No autopsy will be performed.

"It was witnessed. The cause and manner were clear," he said.

The large branch killed Rineer immediately, the coroner said.

The tree, with a trunk about 26 inches in diameter, fell in a different direction than intended, Diamantoni said.

The accident was reported about 1:13 p.m. Monday at the Rineers' property at 714 Center Road, about two miles south of Quarryville off of Robert Fulton Highway.

Read more: East Drumore Township man dies when tree branch falls on him - News

I take my job serious,

Not an accident, it is about not using a professional and accredited company.

There was nobody in charge,,sad.
Jeff

About time I learn something.

Today was a kick back day. We help set up a classroom for an aerial rescue class at vemeer in Fontana, CA. They don't have any trees there so we had to go out and pick up some. Heres a liquidamber we removed to replant: View attachment 292258 We had an end dumb on stand by to haul the trees to Vemeer,View attachment 292259 we went and pick up a lemon euc also. After getting them to Vemeer we argured a hole maybe 5 ft. deep and placed the trees in the holesView attachment 292262 This is what it looked like when We finished.View attachment 292263
The wind was blowing pretty good out there when I went up to remove the trees from the crane after putting them in the ground so I'm confident they'll be alright for the class tomorrow. Best part is I get to go to the class for free, I'v been wanting to take an aerial rescue class for a long time, so maybe I'll get to learn something new. Suppose to be 80 people attending. Boss even bought lunch today.

I take my job serious,

Jeff

I firmly believe there is no such thing as an accident. If you trace it back far enough, there is always a bad decision involved. Gravity is constant and unforgiving.

Today was a kick back day. We help set up a classroom for an aerial rescue class at vemeer in Fontana, CA. They don't have any trees there so we had to go out and pick up some. Heres a liquidamber we removed to replant: View attachment 292258 We had an end dumb on stand by to haul the trees to Vemeer,View attachment 292259 we went and pick up a lemon euc also. After getting them to Vemeer we argured a hole maybe 5 ft. deep and placed the trees in the holesView attachment 292262 This is what it looked like when We finished.View attachment 292263
The wind was blowing pretty good out there when I went up to remove the trees from the crane after putting them in the ground so I'm confident they'll be alright for the class tomorrow. Best part is I get to go to the class for free, I'v been wanting to take an aerial rescue class for a long time, so maybe I'll get to learn something new. Suppose to be 80 people attending. Boss even bought lunch today.

I had to do that once, although I had to pay for the class... and when I couldn't make it due to a last minute job having to be completed... the people at Vermeer did absolutely nothing to show their appreciation for my time and effort. That class was the last time they ever got a single dime out of me.

Did an emergency job for a nearby township today. Split locust on phone wire and overhanging road.

Tackling this tomorrow:

attachment.php

attachment.php

I didn't have my camera so I took a cell phone pic.

That's awesome. Wish I could make it tomorrow.

I take my job serious,

Jeff

I was kinda thinking the same thing... believe it or not!

I guess we all can relate in one way or the other. Some guys just didn't understand why I would get so annoyed when I was doing who knows what while they are chatting it up with the HO within range. I mean, do you really trust me that much? I don't. I pity the fool who does.

I keep seeing Reg with a saw lanyard so maybe I should get one for humanity's sake but I am thinking about the day I decide to get it stuck in the cut... again.

Would you believe the last check for snow plowing finally came in today? Its Ok, I send a bill I expect to give a month though I did have to call a few people but that was awhile ago. It took bit of work but I think we should be rolling OK now. The one queerio always makes me call and I talk to his girlfriend ( who is actually a girl - I know, surprise surprise but that don't mean the guy ain't a mo) then she sends me a check. Well me and my kid where riding our bikes down the road and ran into her, she was allready a few weeks behind but after she saw us I got a check in 2 days. People, yer not allowed to kill them.

Would you believe the last check for snow plowing finally came in today? Its Ok, I send a bill I expect to give a month though I did have to call a few people but that was awhile ago. It took bit of work but I think we should be rolling OK now. The one queerio always makes me call and I talk to his girlfriend ( who is actually a girl - I know, surprise surprise but that don't mean the guy ain't a mo) then she sends me a check. Well me and my kid where riding our bikes down the road and ran into her, she was allready a few weeks behind but after she saw us I got a check in 2 days. People, yer not allowed to kill them.

Lucky you. I'm still owed 8 grand from ONE of my clients.....

Back