whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Extremely well said, I think all the guys on here that bash old equipment are employees, and have no idea of the stress of payments and day to day buisness.

It's crazy man I buddy spends 3200/4000 a month on fuel for 4 trucks and small equipment , that 40K + before you even try to make money , I got it much easier but still I ##### spending 1600/1700 a month for diesel and gas .... My wife does my quick books and somehow makes it work ... And having personal bills monthly of 3/3500 it's tough ... And if you have kids with expensive sports and hobbies ....... ####ing forget about it :hmm3grin2orange:

I have only one tier 2 lol wtf is with the tier #### anywho?

I think it's a way to insure that you are replacing equipment on a semi regular basis , because I question the chemicals that these new engine use to clean carbon , that can't be much better then diesel emission . My dad just bought a 2012 Mack tri axle and if you try to idle to warm it up or just leave it run , it will shut itself off in 8 minutes , it literally won't idle. And you can not take that out of the computer .

I think it's a way to insure that you are replacing equipment on a semi regular basis , because I question the chemicals that these new engine use to clean carbon , that can't be much better then diesel emission .

I think it's a conspiracy to beat the little mang till dead but one thing I know #### em I am going to work:)

I think it's a conspiracy to beat the little mang till dead but one thing I know #### em I am going to work:)

There are huge constructions here that have yards loaded with equipment they can't run and now can't sell . They are forced to lease machines for certain jobs when they own 5 of em . It's everyone that feels the crunch but I agree the mom and pop feels it alot worse

There are huge constructions here that have yards loaded with equipment they can't run and now can't sell . They are forced to lease machines for certain jobs when they own 5 of em . It's everyone that feels the crunch but I agree the mom and pop feels it alot worse

then we all ban together and say #### you communist pigs right ?

Convoy 1978 movie Theme Song - YouTube

It's crazy man I buddy spends 3200/4000 a month on fuel for 4 trucks and small equipment , that 40K + before you even try to make money , I got it much easier but still I ##### spending 1600/1700 a month for diesel and gas .... My wife does my quick books and somehow makes it work ... And having personal bills monthly of 3/3500 it's tough ... And if you have kids with expensive sports and hobbies ....... ####ing forget about it :hmm3grin2orange:

Oh I hear ya, Im in the same exact boat! Sometimes I wonder if its all worth it? But theres nothing like being your own boss and being able to take off anytime you want to spend with the wife and kids.

then we all ban together and say #### you communist pigs right ?

Convoy 1978 movie Theme Song - YouTube

Well I see you have a love for that movie , I enjoyed the movie death proof ..... Can you recognize my hood ornament
ry7eqa5a.jpg

Oh I hear ya, Im in the same exact boat! Sometimes I wonder if its all worth it? But theres nothing like being your own boss and being able to take off anytime you want to spend with the wife and kids.

I didn't do #### yesterday or today , with the rain I used that as an excuse to hang with the MRS. Go out for a quiet lunch with her go shopping (hung myself slightly) and watched a movie before my kids came home and ran a muck !

Well I see you have a love for that movie , I enjoyed the movie death proof ..... Can you recognize my hood ornament
ry7eqa5a.jpg

10/4 there good buddy I think its time for a convoy just think if all our junk hit the road together to make a statement headed to californy with tons of black smoke puffin like the chemtrails of the jets we could end this global #### and get back to 1.00 per gallon fuel :)

Yea same here, I took the last 2 fridays off because of the rain. F*** the rain, Im done working in it! Kinda nice listening to everybody be humble on here for once.

Picked up this little gem in the heart of the city. Pulled permits at city hall yesterday. Absolutely zero access on a small one way street. The patio is fully enclosed, and cannot take down the walls on the left or right. Both sumacs need to be cut up and carried through the little door at the bottom of the stairs through a 10 ft hall way out to the street for chipping and round loading.

Picked up this little gem in the heart of the city. Pulled permits at city hall yesterday. Absolutely zero access on a small one way street. The patio is fully enclosed, and cannot take down the walls on the left or right. Both sumacs need to be cut up and carried through the little door at the bottom of the stairs through a 10 ft hall way out to the street for chipping and round loading.

Aw quit your gripin.You gots all kinds of room between the stump and edge of the deck to drop stuff.:msp_biggrin:

EDIT: Now here is a job that BEGS for a crane.
Make sure you put up pics from this beauty.

Aw quit your gripin.You gots all kinds of room between the stump and edge of the deck to drop stuff.:msp_biggrin:

Getting a crane with enough stick to do this job would cost an ungodly amount of money given the specific location, sutting down an entire street, police details, TMP's permits etc... I'm already at 4 grand and that's with me, two helpers and a chip truck!

It's pretty nice I have one, bought used on craigslist for $200. The only issue I've had is the tires go flat when your on uneven ground. Check out Brentwood wheelbarrows, I have an 8 cu ft with an oversized tire.

We have one, use it all the time. Either to handle blocks or root balls for trees to be planted.

Whenever I try and talk to the boss about getting a mini loader, he just points to the wood dolly.

Minimum rentals on a crane will pay for a lot of groundy time. You make money off groundy time, you don't make money renting a crane, except for the mark up.

Back