whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm thinking you should be able to sneak that sweet new bucket in there and workem down !!:dizzy::redface::redface:

Yeah with a Sykorsky Skyhook maybe!!!

Chris, I still have that plate too. Did the ticket ever come in from the GW bridge???

Thats the sort of work we do most of the time. It's all tight access residential, in the city. It's all over property, tiny little back yards, sometimes you can touch both sides of the yard with your hands at the same time. We've taken some trees out through houses, taken some out through elevators. Some of the town houses are only 12' wide. Seriously. There's no parking, tiny streets, one way streets, no room to stack. You've got to get creative. And you've got to put cones out a day or two before to secure space. Then stack where you can, and do drive by chippings 4 or 5 times to get the tree done ;-)

I look at the stuff you guys mostly seem to do stateside, and you just get so much access! Enormous yards! Minis! we've got to buck branches up to 3' lengths sometimes, just to get them out. Did a property clearance on a gum last week where the access was a foot wide. Two lower branches off, took us 3 hours to get the job done! 15 minutes climbing, and 2 and a half hours getting it out of there! Had to buck that stuff up to nothing, then kind of throw/pass it down the 1 foot wide side access that was 20 feet long.

Shaun

My sentiments exactly

"Green Acres" Opening and Closing Theme Song - YouTube

Nice score I wish I could get 4 k for that looks like it can be done in a long day :cheers:

I'm thinking the same thing, but we only have parking from 7am to 5pm both days we are there. Hoping to get the majority of it knocked out in the first day, and then maybe 2-3 hours the next. Variables include whether or not I have to have cars towed out of my restricted parking spaces when I show up there on wed. and thur mornings.

I'm thinking the same thing, but we only have parking from 7am to 5pm both days we are there. Hoping to get the majority of it knocked out in the first day, and then maybe 2-3 hours the next. Variables include whether or not I have to have cars towed out of my restricted parking spaces when I show up there on wed. and thur mornings.

I work some in ubanna, lol but I prefer ruralo, sometimes I work in the little rock area; makes me mad after 2 days. I tell you, I don't think I can do city life no more. I lived in Dallas in the eighties, so I know the difference but I really like to get my fish off a line than at the market :)

Hey, Duck, would you be able to zipline some of the high branches to the street for a start? just wondering

Last edited:

Good luck. I've done a lot of jobs like that and I rarely had open parking spaces when showing up in the morning. I found the best way to get cars moved was to start putting tarps over the cars. When homeowners look out and see their cars covered, I get a pretty quick response in getting them moved. Also, bring a roll of brown construction paper to lay a path through the house. Watch the walls and note any marks prior to starting work.

Lol.. hey look, Dumbo liked your post!! You must really be getting somewhere now!!:laugh:

And I could accomplish more treework in a straight up coma, then either of you two bozos on your best day. Just saying.

hehe, lawn MDS, if you mean lawn care, yes, you could, i dont own a mower...heck I could pickup your Empties and make more in recycling than your bid..just saying :)

Good luck. I've done a lot of jobs like that and I rarely had open parking spaces when showing up in the morning. I found the best way to get cars moved was to start putting tarps over the cars. When homeowners look out and see their cars covered, I get a pretty quick response in getting them moved. Also, bring a roll of brown construction paper to lay a path through the house. Watch the walls and note any marks prior to starting work.

The guy I sold my grinder to in long island NY said they put bubble wrap on the walls to protect them when they have jobs they have to carry through a house.

Hey, Duck, would you be able to zipline some of the high branches to the steet for a start? just wondering

No space. I couldnt take the best pics cuz the farthest I could get from the tree was ten ft without running into a wall. The trees dont even crest over the top of the building like the pic looks like, and the space to the right of the canopy that you see is a permanently sectioned alley with 4 individual yards like the one I am working it, all private, and all off limits, that goes about 50ft to perpendicular to another building. It is in effect like the worlds smallest courtyard.

I'm taking them through an access tunnel so I dont have to bring them through the house. I'll take pics of it on wed. Its a doozy.

I have done jobs in the city before, and have had to have cars towed, it sucks because it slows things down, but they do get towed. I have permits and signage for 60 ft of space directly out in front of the job site. So if anyone is there when we show up, they wont be for long one way or another.

No space. I couldnt take the best pics cuz the farthest I could get from the tree was ten ft without running into a wall. The trees dont even crest over the top of the building like the pic looks like, and the space to the right of the canopy that you see is a permanently sectioned alley with 4 individual yards like the one I am working it, all private, and all off limits, that goes about 50ft to perpendicular to another building. It is in effect like the worlds smallest courtyard.

Yep, pics dont do justice...hope it all goes good for ya!

I'm taking them through an access tunnel so I dont have to bring them through the house. I'll take pics of it on wed. Its a doozy.

I have done jobs in the city before, and have had to have cars towed, it sucks because it slows things down, but they do get towed. I have permits and signage for 60 ft of space directly out in front of the job site. So if anyone is there when we show up, they wont be for long one way or another.

I'd be tempted to hook to em with my winch and skid them outta my way :)

While it looks like you ladies have had a swell time bickering back and forth today I got some #### done. Flower beds weeded, yard mowed, sidewalk edged, car and truck washed and waxed and I got a good healthy buzz on in the process. Think I'll take a nap and wait for Laura to wake me up for bed in a few hours. Tootles...

sa9yhypu.jpg

While it looks like you ladies have had a swell time bickering back and forth today I got some #### done. Flower beds weeded, yard mowed, sidewalk edged, car and truck washed and waxed and I got a good healthy buzz on in the process. Think I'll take a nap and wait for Laura to wake me up for bed in a few hours. Tootles...

sa9yhypu.jpg

Tell your neighbor to try different color paint next time :monkey:

Oh and lady muh ass, lol now clean them windows and mop those floors boy:poke:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back