whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went fishing. Loaded up the Kayak and went to La Jolla at 3:30 this morning hoping for a yellow tail or white seabass. Got skunked.View attachment 303071

A friend of mine in Hoonah ( N.E. Chichagof Is. ) trolls for King Salmon in his sea kyak.
He has been towed around for over 15 minutes before by kings in the 35+ pound size. . He doesn't spend any money on kicker gas. :msp_thumbup:

I drank much beer yesterday
use8ezu8.jpg
then I sweated my ass off wrestling white pine , covered in sap and needles today sucked
yga8u3ud.jpg
8yveveva.jpg

Finished up 2 jobs today that required getting up on rooftops. First one, trouble parking. Second one, trouble parking; we were supposed to take out 4 dead branches over the car-port with the power pole saw. He only wanted 3... ok, get those down... "oh why didn't you do this other stub here?" Well because I couldn't reach it with the power pole saw, and it wasn't bothering anybody (power company cut it that way) Went to move the truck out of the way so I could cut it... nowhere to park, neighbor came out yelling. Went to start another job, lady wanted a few lower branches for more light for the rose bushes... got them, now she wants more work done. Saw the Devil, she was moderately happy. Will see her again tomorrow, hopefully not for too long. Got an e-mail from one of my clients this afternoon, they wanted to know if me or a friend could come help the husband installing sod for a few hours. Smart people... buy 5000 sq of sod this week. It was 90 out there today and humid... supposed to be the same tomorrow, and this stuff is going out in the full sun. Wonder who will be crazy enough to help them.

Sounds like you need a really good 'Operation's Manager'......lol!
Jeff,,:msp_tongue:

Sounds like you need a really good 'Operation's Manager'......lol!
Jeff,,:msp_tongue:

I need one. A guy we did some work for five weeks ago called today and talked me into letting him do a pay plan to get his invoice paid. I hate that kind of crap. This is the same guy that two or so years ago had a problem with the conduct of our crew and no showed me when I made an appointment with him to go by and discuss it with him in person, then that night calls me and accuses me of obviously trying to see up his wife's skirt. His bill back then was $775.00 and it took two months to get that. $1,500.00 this time. I should have never dealt with him again.

I see 2tree and the Dan worked yesterday but still kept the festive spirit
bytymasa.jpg

Jesus ####ing Christ on a cracker! How the Hell were you able to get a picture of them both? The last person who tried wound up butt raped, cornholed all to Hell like a cavern and left bleeding profusely in the hills of Lancaster County . Now why don't you just cool it before somebody comes down there and shaves off that mess you call a beard with a chainsaw and asks for 2 bucks to get back home?

Almost bought the farm today.
Trimming out a tree the power company nearly destroyed, I was in the tree and touched the power wire with a branch.
As much as I hate power at all times, I don't know where my head was. Trimmed a long thin branch and instead of dropping it down by the house, I decided to swing it around high toward the road. HOLY CRAP WHAT A FEELING!!:msp_ohmy: Entire body was vibrating for what felt like 5 seconds or so. Never had that happen before and never will again!! Heart racing, hands went numb, left hand smelled burned (but no marks) and to this moment, still feel a ever so slight tingling. Happened around 11 am this morning, 5 hrs ago. Man did that suck. I don't know where my head was, maybe the heat got to me and I went careless. Lucky reminder of what not to do. Man does that knock the crap out of ya!!

Last edited:
Trimming out a tree the power company nearly destroyed, I was in the tree and touched the power wire with a branch.
As much as I hate power at all times, I don't know where my head was. Trimmed a long thin branch and instead of dropping it down by the house, I decided to swing it around high toward the road. HOLY CRAP WHAT A FEELING!!:msp_ohmy: Entire body was vibrating for what felt like 5 seconds or so. Never had that happen before and never will again!! Heart racing, hands went numb, left hand smelled burned (but no marks) and to this moment, still feel a ever so slight tingling. Happened around 11 am this morning, 5 hrs ago. Man did that suck. I don't know where my head was, maybe the heat got to me and I went careless. Lucky reminder of what not to do. Man does that knock the crap out of ya!!

At least you didn't sully your britches.

Called off the job today because in this heat my crew starts to look like Dawn of the Dead around 1:00. Delivered four cord of wood in my new UD chip truck. Man this thing is the cat's pajamas. Fully loaded and not even a swagger down the road. Tight suspension, meat locker air conditioning, plenty of power, and the turning radius of a postal truck.

Just remember that you don't have to have wounds to end up dying from electrocution. Would be a bad idea to get checked out by a doctor.

I did a job last year and they had two turtles that they bought at a hardware store for their boys 43 years ago and was still alive. I thought that was kinda cool.

Latest posts

Back