whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
treeman82

treeman82

Addicted to ArboristSite
Went swimming today. Cleared out some scrub brush for one client, as soon as I finished, jumped in the lake. Stupid me didn't realize I still had my glasses on, and down they went :msp_mad: Called up a friend who graciously came by with his metal detector. There I was, up to my neck in the water looking for these things. Luckily I found them. Did one more small job after that, again went swimming to get these 2 dinky branches with the pole clipper. Saw a few clients, met up with a friend, and that's about it.

beastmaster

beastmaster

Addicted to ArboristSite
Almost bought the farm today.
Trimming out a tree the power company nearly destroyed, I was in the tree and touched the power wire with a branch.
As much as I hate power at all times, I don't know where my head was. Trimmed a long thin branch and instead of dropping it down by the house, I decided to swing it around high toward the road. HOLY CRAP WHAT A FEELING!!:msp_ohmy: Entire body was vibrating for what felt like 5 seconds or so. Never had that happen before and never will again!! Heart racing, hands went numb, left hand smelled burned (but no marks) and to this moment, still feel a ever so slight tingling. Happened around 11 am this morning, 5 hrs ago. Man did that suck. I don't know where my head was, maybe the heat got to me and I went careless. Lucky reminder of what not to do. Man does that knock the crap out of ya!!

Glad your all right. Got it once and it felt like a hammer hit my hand, the whole arm was numb for rest the day. I hate working around HV but it seems like I always am. One mistake around that stuff can easily take you out. I use to know a ex-line guy blow both arms off his body, had clamps where his hands use to be. Again glad your ok

sgreanbeans

sgreanbeans

Treeaculterologist
Tôi nghĩ rằng bạn đang ở trong diễn đàn sai.

Yeah, what he said

Ground some stumps in the AM, then had to go work on the house I kicked my Brother In Law out of. What a freaking disgusting pig. Man, cannot fathom living in such nasty conditions. A house gets dirty, but for GODS SAKE MAN! Never had any respect for this free loading loser in the first place, now I just look at him and think "ewwwwwwwweeee"

TheJollyLogger

TheJollyLogger

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Tôi nghĩ rằng bạn đang ở trong diễn đàn sai.

That's what happens when you've had a few, see some spam, and google translate is just a click away... And then some moderator decides to delete the spam and leave my reply... Seemed like a good idea at the time...

gorman

gorman

Addicted to ArboristSite
I didn't want to start a whole new thread for this, but does anyone find that for some reason rich people are have these gianormous outdoor pizza brick ovens built into their already huge and expensive patios? I mean, what else can you use these things for? Pies? Quiches? I never saw one ten years ago and now I see a new one ever two weeks.

jefflovstrom

jefflovstrom

It was a beautiful day!
. AS Supporting Member.
I didn't want to start a whole new thread for this, but does anyone find that for some reason rich people are have these gianormous outdoor pizza brick ovens built into their already huge and expensive patios? I mean, what else can you use these things for? Pies? Quiches? I never saw one ten years ago and now I see a new one ever two weeks.

LOL!,,, come to So-Cal. They have them for 'just in case' they may use it,,haha.
Jeff :D

ducaticorse

ducaticorse

Addicted to ArboristSite
Used a mallet, two wedges and a line setting pole to release a locked door on a minivan with a baby inside and all windows rolled up. Mother was loosing it, baby was hot but alright. Was in there about ten minutes. EMT and Fire came, checked the baby out, he was ok.

TheJollyLogger

TheJollyLogger

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.

Not quite so popular here, but we do start with an 18' lowboy when we build or bbq pits.

jefflovstrom

jefflovstrom

It was a beautiful day!
. AS Supporting Member.
Used a mallet, two wedges and a line setting pole to release a locked door on a minivan with a baby inside and all windows rolled up. Mother was loosing it, baby was hot but alright. Was in there about ten minutes. EMT and Fire came, checked the baby out, he was ok.

Wow,, out here, she would be in jail for child endangerment.
Jeff

ducaticorse

ducaticorse

Addicted to ArboristSite
Wow,, out here, she would be in jail for child endangerment.
Jeff

She didn't do it on purpose, and was trying to break the windows with a wrench, she was terrified. She couldn't even get the baby out of the seat, so I took him out and held him for a bit till she calmed down. His face was beat red, and he was quite cranky at first, but calmed down quick. EMT's came and checked him out, all clear. I knew I could pop the door east without breaking anything, so I used my wedges instead of breaking glass so I didn't hurt the baby.

jefflovstrom

jefflovstrom

It was a beautiful day!
. AS Supporting Member.
She didn't do it on purpose, and was trying to break the windows with a wrench, she was terrified. She couldn't even get the baby out of the seat, so I took him out and held him for a bit till she calmed down. His face was beat red, and he was quite cranky at first, but calmed down quick. EMT's came and checked him out, all clear. I knew I could pop the door east without breaking anything, so I used my wedges instead of breaking glass so I didn't hurt the baby.

Oh,, I will go back and read it again.
Jeff