whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like the crabapple and jap maple could use a good shearing by the hand of god!:D

Had a few other trees to finish up from yesterday and then we knocked out a ash in the afternoon.

Yes it is I suppose , but thAts a real truck plenty of power and 4x4 , I can back that truck right up your ass without you knowing it ! :laugh:

Yeah I am sure. Not.

looks like you could chip 5 or 6 norway spruce branches into it before you have to dump. :hmm3grin2orange:

If you every break down I can bring my chip truck over and pick you up. I am sure we can fit your truck in the bed of mine.

Went after a dead elm, had to drive out of town for this job, bout 15 miles. Get there, son forgets my gaffs. Tree branches are few and far between and only about 1/2 of them are decent enough to put weight on. So I go up anyways, don't wanna drive back. Get up to the top, via tossing my line over the next one above, get to a good TIP and get going, then out of no where, LIGHTNING, BAM, BOOM, right by us, wtf? We checked the radar before we left, nothing, all north of us. Check the radar again when the lightning came, big red cell bearing down on us and then it starts to poor. F ME! Get down, clean up quickly and bail, get back to shop, rain stops but still have big red cell heading our way so we pack everything up right and wait for it to let loose, it spits for a bit then clears up. :bang::bang::bang::bang:

Yeah I am sure. Not.

looks like you could chip 5 or 6 norway spruce branches into it before you have to dump. :hmm3grin2orange:

If you every break down I can bring my chip truck over and pick you up. I am sure we can fit your truck in the bed of mine.

Are you offering to come chip my #### ? Because I will take you up on it , I don't care there is in pride in how my chips make it to the dump , but if your just breaking my balls that's fine too , but I am focused on getting today done and going away for a few days it would be hard to get any good rise outta me ... Mr white feet ! :laugh:

So I sold my chip truck the other day and already miss it. I know when it gets slow I won't miss it though. It was getting up there in miles and before long would be putting money into it. Some young guy bought who was just starting out, perfect for him. I was surprised I got 13k for considering I bought for 16k five years ago. Either way it was a good truck and made me lots of money. Gonna keep my eye out for a late 90's early 00's 450 with the 7.3 powerstroke and build a box for it. Be nice not having to inspect it twice a year. I have lots of landscape buddies so if I need more truck they are more than happy to help, good know people.:msp_smile:

Here's to you chip truck! :cheers:

View attachment 310939

So I sold my chip truck the other day and already miss it. I know when it gets slow I won't miss it though. It was getting up there in miles and before long would be putting money into it. Some young guy bought who was just starting out, perfect for him. I was surprised I got 13k for considering I bought for 16k five years ago. Either way it was a good truck and made me lots of money. Gonna keep my eye out for a late 90's early 00's 450 with the 7.3 powerstroke and build a box for it. Be nice not having to inspect it twice a year. I have lots of landscape buddies so if I need more truck they are more than happy to help, good know people.:msp_smile:

Here's to you chip truck! :cheers:

View attachment 310939

Depending on what you register the 450 at you will still have to do a semi inspection.

Are you offering to come chip my #### ? Because I will take you up on it , I don't care there is in pride in how my chips make it to the dump , but if your just breaking my balls that's fine too , but I am focused on getting today done and going away for a few days it would be hard to get any good rise outta me ... Mr white feet ! :laugh:

You know I would bring it out and help you if you got a huge job that you needed more capacity

You know I would bring it out and help you if you got a huge job that you needed more capacity

I know you would . But that's ok I like to pace myself
ebadutug.jpg
but #### off I am in the middle of something !

Working with a new guy today. Green as green can be. Started raining in the morning and afternoon, told him start chipping. He asks me "Is it ok to start the chipper in the rain?" I've heard a lot but that one stopped me. I assured him its ok to start the chipper in the rain. I'll give him a week.

Working with a new guy today. Green as green can be. Started raining in the morning and afternoon, told him start chipping. He asks me "Is it ok to start the chipper in the rain?" I've heard a lot but that one stopped me. I assured him its ok to start the chipper in the rain. I'll give him a week.

I hate getting my chipper wet.

Started this one today. Two trees, pine is a 100yo removal between three yards and a really nasty neighbor who stood under it in protest today. We went in a day before the crane to brush it out a little and make a chip run. I tld the HO if I get anymore of this its 500 an hour idle time. He figured it out real quick. Ill post pics of the good stuff tomorrow. Gotta love working in Cambridge MA!!!!

Latest posts

Back