whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Drove 75 miles yesterday to trim two portacarpus trees, or should I say rehabilitation. They had been butchered pretty bad two years ago. The home owner had me use his "guy" for a grounds men. Dude was worthless, and bailed at 3;00. I had to load a lot of brush in my trailer. Finished at dusk. I hooked up everything and some how lost my lights. The people get in there car as I'm finishing up and bail without writing me a check.
Didn't get home tell midnight. Had to buy two flashlight and red lens tape and duck taped them to the back of the trailer to get home.
Was up at 4 to do a cypress removal. How hard can that be? This was the biggist tallest Italian cypress Ive ever seen.80 years old and maybe close to 90 feet and a million branches. I had to catch all the big wood from the three trunks, ground crew dead catch every one, no matter how many times I said let it run. That dynasorb rope was the best investment I ever made.
I haven't been this physically tired in a long time. I'd be a sleep but I keep cramping up.
Tomorrow I get to remove a big walnut tree over a house for some charity thing. When do I rest? OK I'll stop complaining. At least I'm working.

Drove 75 miles yesterday to trim two portacarpus trees

That is my favorite out there, cool tree.

Was out doing bids, was in a older hood, one I normally don't roll thru at all. But the bid sounded interesting (it turned out to be lame....nothing special) I could hear saws going. So I cruised around the corner to see who it was. Well, low and behold its the crackhead in that vid from my area that someone posted last year. LMAO, those guys are freaking clowns. :dizzy: They all seen me turn the corner and they all turned away and would not look at me,lol. WHAT? I was going to wave! Didn't really see what they where doing, but seen the army of guys and **** everywhere.

Never get those type of crews, show up with 5-6 maybe 10 guys some times? Just don't see the need? Nothing I hate worse than people standing around.

Had my wife with me for a couple hours, we had a lull, so we where going to go into Target to look for bike helmets for my great niece, the one I bought the little saddle for. We went into Pets Mart instead, walked out with a puppy..............wait, what, wtf just happened!!!!.........oh well, wife is stoked. ****-zu, male, custom painted.

Last edited:
Dude, I am going to come up to your area and jump in with ya. Love the scenery! u b ballin.

Well I am flooded with work but probably couldn't afford to pay your mileage ! We are barging over my chip truck, mini, and 4 wheeler and small trailer. Likely will stay over night for a few nights. Going be a good down payment on my lift ! Speaking of that going to go out and play around with it for a bit!

Well I am flooded with work but probably couldn't afford to pay your mileage ! We are barging over my chip truck, mini, and 4 wheeler and small trailer. Likely will stay over night for a few nights. Going be a good down payment on my lift ! Speaking of that going to go out and play around with it for a bit!

I was going to say you should work out a deal where you just stay there till its done. Sounds more like a little vacation, that would be awesome.

I shut the air off yesterday and opened up the windows for the first time in months. I can feel the season changing the last couple days, I never have liked the feeling of summer changing to fall.

I shut the air off yesterday and opened up the windows for the first time in months. I can feel the season changing the last couple days, I never have liked the feeling of summer changing to fall.

I love it my neck swells and dreams of monster bucks fill my sleep and 100 degree temps quit and soon no chiggars what's not to like :)

Btw it was a beautiful day climbed 100 foot dead gum with wraptor :)

Got a $1,700 hot check. First one in over five years. I left the guy a message no return call yet.

Along the same lines.. A certain has-been tennis pro owes me 9k. It's about a week and a half overdue now. I'm starting to get real pissy about it!! ####ers, if you don't like paying, don't have people do the work for you, simple as that!! I've been assured that I'll get it, but it shouldn't be that complicated!! Wtf!!

Along the same lines.. A certain has-been tennis pro owes me 9k. It's about a week and a half overdue now. I'm starting to get real pissy about it!! ####ers, if you don't like paying, don't have people do the work for you, simple as that!! I've been assured that I'll get it, but it shouldn't be that complicated!! Wtf!!

This guy did return my call about 15 min. ago and claims he will tighten me up on the deal Tues.

Just got back from the yard,,,loaded up with 75 cones so I can leave at 4am to cone off a corporate center parking lot.
About 35 euc's and the people that are coming to work tomorrow are gonna be pissed when they arrive. I will have my man-suit on, but that don't stop property manager's from throwing you under the 'brush',,get it. I just know there will be call's, but the Op's guy is always to blame,,just the way it is,, the bitc h is that it is in Carlsbad and I need to get back to the yard by 6am to get the other crews out. I need another me. At least the weather is supposed to cool down.
Jeff :)

parking changes

Just got back from the yard,,,loaded up with 75 cones so I can leave at 4am to cone off a corporate center parking lot.
About 35 euc's and the people that are coming to work tomorrow are gonna be pissed when they arrive. I will have my man-suit on, but that don't stop property manager's from throwing you under the 'brush',,get it. I just know there will be call's, but the Op's guy is always to blame,,just the way it is,, the bitc h is that it is in Carlsbad and I need to get back to the yard by 6am to get the other crews out. I need another me. At least the weather is supposed to cool down.

requires balls of steel and an armored personnel carrier when dealing with office people being kept from their designated spots. cones will be thrown!

That's like 300 ####ing cases of beer ......... Get on that rummy !

I have found that once they've moved the cones and gone ahead in , just take your biggest nastiest looking truck and park it about 3" off the bumper ..... They are super aggressive to coned off work areas round here , we just ignore them . Or laugh like hyenas in there face !!!!!

Back