whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wind event

Was finishing up a Euc. trim today, pretty routine tell the wind kick up to about 30 miles an hour with gust of maybe 50. I only had one section left to do and it included climbing up a skinny leader growing from a old topping cut. I had to take out some 25 foot suckers and the wind of course was blowing towards the house.
One of the other climbers called the boss and told him about the wind, He told me the boss said if its to dangerous to just pack it up. Yeah right, I told him to put his purse down and lets finish the tree. I ended up doing it by my self, while the other climber helped with the clean up. Fine by me.
Went for a few good rides during big gusts. The wind would push me out into space with just my climbing line holding me. Poor old lady was terrified who owned the house.(I'm not above putting a little drama on a situation).
No big deal. Those guys think I'm crazy, when will they realize I don't want to die either, I wouldn't of been up there(for wages) if I thought it was dangerous. Kind of fun on an otherwise boring day

Weather update ??

There are some towns that got hit hard, one missed my town by a couple miles. The sirens were going off and the wife and kids were pretty scared. I was out side watching the sky and it was impresive watching the clouds swirling.

Went to decons equipment pig roast today. They are the morbark dealer for my area. They had lots if shinny new morbark chippers and boxer mini skid loaders. Great group of people. They gave away shirts carhart type jackets and hats. I got a morbark hat and t shirt and a decon dress shirt.

Boufht a ryans 4040 grapple for my mini yesturday for $1850. The guy only used it 2 times and had if for 2 years so its like brand new.

This side of the site has been hurting for awhile but it seems the virus bull#### is driving some nails in the coffin. Been a busy fall, doesn't appear to be slowing down any time soon either. Took Friday off to go get a pellet stove insert for the living room. Considered a wood burner but this thing is so ####ing easy to use I'm more than happy with it. And so is Laura, which is what's important. Installed in about a twelve packs time.

9a5ezasa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Chipper clutch is making some horrid noises, and all the sudden engaging way too soon. With any luck, these are the correct parts to remedy that situation. I've been sitting on them for a few years now. We shall see.

IMG_20131006_104852_761.jpg

This side of the site has been hurting for awhile but it seems the virus bull#### is driving some nails in the coffin. Been a busy fall, doesn't appear to be slowing down any time soon either. Took Friday off to go get a pellet stove insert for the living room. Considered a wood burner but this thing is so ####ing easy to use I'm more than happy with it. And so is Laura, which is what's important. Installed in about a twelve packs time.

9a5ezasa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

That's a cute little straw ya got there. lol.

Got this from Paul Bunyan today. They had some pretty great on the spot offers. Took us forever to get back out weaving through all the crap.

2ezu6yne.jpg

Awesome Matt, if I land a fairly big lot clearing job this week I'm gonna be getting a bigger chipper as well, what models that ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

255 with the welded feed table 18-25 opening and a 173 deere.

I think it chips just like a 280 just a shade smaller in size. As of now I'm loving it, it's a lot lighter to tow than a 280 or a 2400. And chips just about the same

5y4apahy.jpg

Last edited:
Well yesterday I went to help a friend fall several stringy bark gums on some land hes clearing
falling a 70 odd footer about 28" butt
scarf went in nice back almost done and a breeze came up reversing all my best layed plans
any how the tree fell took my saw to the deck with it
pull er down to day , tried to plastic weld the tank
never was much of a welder no matter what I was trying to stick togeather
so Im in need or a rear handle fuel tank assembley and a sprocket cover for an 064 stihl
and yes I did do some cursing:angry:

do you think Id do alright on ebay or do / does anyone have a better alternative
thanks yeah

255 with the welded feed table 18-25 opening and a 173 deere.

I think it chips just like a 280 just a shade smaller in size. As of now I'm loving it, it's a lot lighter to tow than a 280 or a 2400. And chips just about the same

5y4apahy.jpg

I am color blind but why is the infeed yellow and the chipper orange ? Or am just cracking up here , I feel stupid having to ask that !

I am color blind but why is the infeed yellow and the chipper orange ? Or am just cracking up here , I feel stupid having to ask that !

The whole thing looks like bandit yellow to me. Betting he took the infeed pic in a lower light situation so it looks washed out by the flash. Im confused at the 18*25 infeed though. The 255's on bandit's site state a 15*25 opening. I like the weld down tray though. Ive had to watch the steep drives a bit closer but havent had an issue with mine yet.

Latest posts

Back