whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nenuza4e.jpg

That is a pic of one exhausted mother ****in tree guy. Crossed the last of the big bangers off the list this week. Couple little jobs to tidy up and we basically done for the year. Bittersweet as usual. Hoping we got enough stashed but happy to be able to relax for a bit. Got some winter maintenance stuff to take on but nothing big this year. Had a killer year, accomplished basically all our goals and looking forward to the next run in 2014. A few days of relaxing in front of the tv and I'm sure I'll be itching for more so anyone that is within reasonable distance and looking for a few days help here and there get at me but Imma take a few mornings in front of the fire with a Bloody Mary or two for now. Cheers, ladies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Must be nice

I had a good year too. I think the only project I have to get done is paint the cab on my grapple truck. Im trying to find a shop big enough to use to do it in.

Just grab some high end oil base, and hit it up with a roller in the yard. Call it good. Lol
That would make it look better than it does now but I will have a couple months and want it done right. There are a couple dings and some fiberglass work that I want to fix. Who was that on here that painted there stuff with a roller?

That would make it look better than it does now but I will have a couple months and want it done right. There are a couple dings and some fiberglass work that I want to fix. Who was that on here that painted there stuff with a roller?
Ah, good old sleevy. I do miss that guy from time to time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Think orange. not sure I wanna open up that can of worms. It was humorous, though. Guy was a good poster.

Glad to hear you and blakes had a good year. Wasn't the best year here, but I'm still here, and ready as I'm gonna be for winter, so I guess I can't complain too much. I think I'm just in a really tough market. Seems like there's more treeguys than anybody really has a use for. Still making progress, just a little slower than I'd like. I have all I can ask for in terms of equipment though, so that's nice anyway. I'll have to try and give it hell next year. I have been kinda slacking. lol.

Put up a traffic mirror for a lady at the end of her driveway.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1384703520249.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1384703520249.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 17
Cut down some trees around the house and shop yesterday. A neighbor gave me $60 for two minutes worth of chipping, so it cost me like $90 to do probably $1100 worth of tree work. The yard at my shop is finally coming along. One last junk vehicle to scrap this week, and a mid sized tree to kill, and I'm done outside for the year. time to work on cleaning the inside up again.

Cut down some trees around the house and shop yesterday. A neighbor gave me $60 for two minutes worth of chipping, so it cost me like $90 to do probably $1100 worth of tree work. The yard at my shop is finally coming along. One last junk vehicle to scrap this week, and a mid sized tree to kill, and I'm done outside for the year. time to work on cleaning the inside up again.
You should be able to a good bit of coin on recycling all those beer cans.

You should be able to a good bit of coin on recycling all those beer cans.

I actually have a pretty good system for dealing with the cans. My packie gives me the giant bags with the line at the top. I get $12 when full. Lol.. I think it's full enough to bring down today.

I was just going through the last couple of days mail and find a returned check from a first time client for $1,275.00. That really agitates me.

Business wise a **** year personal was good worked on the house and spent 6 k on braces and 2k on my sons teeth who also is pre braces , I have 3 full time students LOL keep telling myself 2 more years .

Business wise a **** year personal was good worked on the house and spent 6 k on braces and 2k on my sons teeth who also is pre braces , I have 3 full time students LOL keep telling myself 2 more years .

Should've became a dentist/orthodontist seems like they make some flow

Sent from my 3120XP

Should've became a dentist/orthodontist seems like they make some flow

Sent from my 3120XP
That's funny . I find that when I need more money to pay for something somehow I find it . I am good I have 2 healthy kids and a wife who wants to help out ! So what the hell would I have he balls to complain about ?

I got a refund for workers comp from last year 1300 because I skipped my audit so they just billed me at the highest tier . So I took that money and spent it on Xmas gifts just funny ya never really grow leaps and bounds as your family grows and changes !

My little girl has about two more years of daycare than that will free up about 800 a month. All my equipment will be paid for in less than three years and hopefully it will last a few years but it seems like theres always something to buy. Last year I spent 15k and had my basement finished and that doubled are living space. This summer we had a new roof put on and that was 5k. My wife is a teacher in South Dakota and thats the lowest paying state for teachers but we are doing pretty good and living the dream.

Latest posts

Back