whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As crazy as people are about those ms200t you should be able to get a ar15. They have come back down to pre sandy hook prices.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

u3utaryv.jpg

I only chipped into my bucket twice this year. Usually all it hauls is about 40 sheets of plywood, some 4*4 dunnage, and a wood dolly. I used to do like Jared and load the wood in the bucket but that changed with the big chipper. Very rarely do I have a small enough amount of wood left that the little box on a forestry would be any benefit. I either chip everything or there is enough left to justify making a trip with the log truck.

We have about a foot of snow down here and it's a mess because the ground isn't frozen under it yet. Power washed salt off bucket truck, chip truck, chipper and pick up today. They were just caked with salt and it was driving me nuts. You buy that mini new? I might get one. I have a smaller skid steer but even that is tight some times.....
View attachment 320497
Yeah salt sucks! I got both my chippers, 4 trailers and trucks known rust sprayed. I bought it new in July, 2013 s650tx. They made a few changes/upgrades from last years model, it may be small but it's mighty and a huge back saver ! I love it! Don't get to run it much as a few of my guys have taken a liking to it!

@ Blakes. Yes, but you are rolling big now days! Good to see BTW. Me, I still, ittybity! Like I said, waiting on the bug, if it hits big time, then I will go buy a bunch of stuff again and go after it. It not, I am outty! I'll park my junk, wait for the easy one's to do on the weekends and I'll go get a job delivering pizzas!

I don't put **** it mine because it's a lain to get in and out of my wood spot . But in the past I've put a lot of tree into the bucket box , like 2 cord of a lot of tree . A motivated stacker can load that to the gills .

I don't put **** it mine because it's a lain to get in and out of my wood spot . But in the past I've put a lot of tree into the bucket box , like 2 cord of a lot of tree . A motivated stacker can load that to the gills .
Even a unmotivated stacker gets alot in when the boss keeps shoving pieces down there throat. Lol

@ Blakes. Yes, but you are rolling big now days! Good to see BTW. Me, I still, ittybity! Like I said, waiting on the bug, if it hits big time, then I will go buy a bunch of stuff again and go after it. It not, I am outty! I'll park my junk, wait for the easy one's to do on the weekends and I'll go get a job delivering pizzas!
You gotta cut a lot of trees to be big . That's why all the new guys go big then get tired and stay iddy biddy . I say 3 long days a week of work , long like 10/12 hour days .

Even a unmotivated stacker gets alot in when the boss keeps shoving pieces down there throat. Lol

No if your gonna load it with the mini well you can't put **** in there . You have to physically be a active part as the operator is stacking it , fill all the way to the from and ceiling , I put 2 white pine in mine , every bit of 70 fters , I had it so tight , when I dumped it it slid real slow and then basically broke loose and shot the truck ahead about 5ft , now that is a load

I have loaded my like that before too. Had two guys in mine while I lifted pieces into the back with the mini. It was so full I was scared It was gonna fall out the back on the way home. Very top heavy. I Did go around a corner a little to fast and it felt like I was on two wheels.

No if your gonna load it with the mini well you can't put **** in there . You have to physically be a active part as the operator is stacking it , fill all the way to the from and ceiling , I put 2 white pine in mine , every bit of 70 fters , I had it so tight , when I dumped it it slid real slow and then basically broke loose and shot the truck ahead about 5ft , now that is a load
Lol. Yeah, a big chipper changes all of that ******** too. If you can get all that little **** chipped up you can make stacks at the back of the truck with the mini then shove them forward with the next piece. Even a nice 250 like Mds has allows for much easier mechanical loading of the wood.

You gotta cut a lot of trees to be big . That's why all the new guys go big then get tired and stay iddy biddy . I say 3 long days a week of work , long like 10/12 hour days .
It's not that I'm big time now. I would just rather pay for equipment than employees. Lol. Can't get a very productive worker for the grand or so a month that my chipper costs me.

Jj Kane auctions down in Plymouth mtg used to sell alot of the 75' forestry trucks. Last couple of auctions they didnt have any. Just some 65' trucks. Guess big orange is holding onto them. Last auction that they had some, they had 5 for sale and they sold for 38-42k. Quite alot less then these white washed trucks you see for sale for 79k on tree trader

We have two altec 75' the older one which is a 2006 won't lift anything over 250 lbs and the new does it no problem but if you ask me the Terex is a better unit , more stable, smoother hydraulics also the Terex is more nimble as far as getting into the canopies

Sent from your wife's phone

I try and limp along with the equipment I have as best I can. Lol.
Your setup is optimum for making money , no slouch ! I just don't need all the chip capacity , all my spots are free and close . Even pine wood free ! Most guys here though run big chip trucks I choose to run 2 smaller trucks that's all

Tired, yes, I would say I am tired,LOL. But, I like where I am at right now. I don't feel that I am chained down like before. All the worries I had, guys, clients, equipment,payments, WEATHER! Now, if I don't feel like going out, I don't. Can park it all and walk if I found something better, become a weekend warrior. Even if I don't go big tho, I still want a 75ftr, just cause...........there cool! We are preparing for it tho,for if it does hit.

Latest posts

Back