whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tired, yes, I would say I am tired,LOL. But, I like where I am at right now. I don't feel that I am chained down like before. All the worries I had, guys, clients, equipment,payments, WEATHER! Now, if I don't feel like going out, I don't. Can park it all and walk if I found something better, become a weekend warrior. Even if I don't go big tho, I still want a 75ftr, just cause...........there cool! We are preparing for it tho,for if it does hit.
I am seriously gonna look into spiders ! I may bust a nut on one , ditch the bucket and pull it with the 350 or a 250 and have some real reach .

After looking at the pics NY put up yesterday, I kinda got dreaming about just how bad ass I would be with an all wheel drive, 75' rear mount. What a piece of equipment that would be in the right hands!!
Yeah, that beautiful Kenworth that Marquis bought last year is ****ing drool inducing. I think my next big deal will be a kboom though. Don't want a completely tarded out setup as I want it on a truck the size of my bucket. Wonder how big a kboom I could put on something like that.

After looking at the pics NY put up yesterday, I kinda got dreaming about just how bad ass I would be with an all wheel drive, 75' rear mount. What a piece of equipment that would be in the right hands!!
That's some serious talk there rummy ! But I think your right that's a bad ass truck

Pretty sure they would still tear things up pretty good, especially turning. I've heard the track chippers are brutal on lawns.
Plywood party baby ! But your right straight in straight out ! I am smoking crack right now even talking about buying one LOL I am gonna stuck driving that beater of mine until wifey is doney with school ! Then it's college for the little yuns maybe I will buy it for myself for my sixtieth

I am seriously gonna look into spiders ! I may bust a nut on one , ditch the bucket and pull it with the 350 or a 250 and have some real reach .
I've demoed a 90' spider and a90' tracked lift and I don't trust em ,man they are bouncy and they do tear up lawns . I guess if I were a little guy they probably wouldn't bother me but I ain't a small man

Sent from your wife's phone

I've demoed a 90' spider and a90' tracked lift and I don't trust em ,man they are bouncy and they do tear up lawns . I guess if I were a little guy they probably wouldn't bother me but I ain't a small man

Sent from your wife's phone
Well I am a small guy ! Not some fat bastard who has to pull the bucket liner out because it puts me over the 350lb mark ..... No not me LOL never stalled the truck trying to boom back when I am stretched all the way out . Or

Well I am a small guy ! Not some fat bastard who has to pull the bucket liner out because it puts me over the 350lb mark ..... No not me LOL never stalled the truck trying to boom back when I am stretched all the way out . Or

I've noticed mine doesn't like lifting me if I'm stretched off the back all the way lately.. especially if backed down a steep hill. Oh well, it happens. Lol

Interesting. I'm still running off the pony, as I don't have the extra $1000 to $1500 to rebuild the truck PTO (spline stripped). I imagine the truck would have a little more nut.
Supposedly over time the lower valves get partially blocked at times restricting flow , kinda like only pulling halfway on the lever . I wanna drain all the oil I am sure I have water

With me it depends on the trees we are doing and where we are working. Most of the jobs I do are 5-10 miles from my yard so it dont matter much if I take everything, im paying insurance on them and wont use much fuel so I use them. If the trees are nice young ash or locust with not much dead I will bring the chipper if they are big old trees full of dead the chipper stays home. Most of the time and the easiest way is the bucket, log loader and mini. I do alot more bigger trees since I bought the mini and log loader, I can do them so much faster and easier. I still dont forget all the years I did it with not much for equipment. I am proud along with friends and family of where I am today.

I was told to have the lower valve spool rebuilt it will make a huge difference
I will have to check that out. Do you know where that valve is located. When the lower boom is at vertical and I am booming up with the upper boom about 90 degrees from the lower boom it slows down greatly. Sometimes I thinkni hear it gruntting. Jk. Lol

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back