whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They also like feeling like they are getting free **** , when I'm there I will find something that I can sell as a extra for free , so if I'm taking out a tree behind building 14 I will trim 2 trees they didn't mention but I can teach with the truck . Believe me they remember that **** . Alittle smoozing !

They also like feeling like they are getting free **** , when I'm there I will find something that I can sell as a extra for free , so if I'm taking out a tree behind building 14 I will trim 2 trees they didn't mention but I can teach with the truck . Believe me they remember that **** . Alittle smoozing !
That's a double edge sword,yeah they remember that **** but after a while they start expecting free ****.

Sent from My Barrett 50cal.

Well, yeah, I know where you are coming from but I was just saying. I still think it kinda sucks to pay public employees salaries then have to compete against them...and I'm not the only one that feels that way. Like I said...just saying.

The taxpayers pay my salary for the 42 hrs a week I work. What I do on my time off has nothing to do with anybody as long as I'm not doing anything illegal and as long as it doesn't effect my ability to do the job the taxpayers pay me to do.

I'm a legit company. Registered as a business, fully insured, pay my taxes, register my vehicles, licences, commercial vehicle fees, TCIA member, the whole shebang. Other companies are not competing against me as a public employee, but as another tree company. I've never hidden the fact of my municipal occupation. It's been listed on my profile since I came on this site. However, I don't flaunt the fact I'm a firefighter when I'm out as tree guy either. No Maltese stickers on my car, no firefighter t-shirts. I want my customers to see me as the professional tree guy that I am. I believe that I quote the going rate. I don't get them all... Far from it. I'm slowly building up my company so it has some worth, and not just for the equipment I acquire. If my son decides he doesn't want this line of work, at least he'll have a business to sell. Hard to sell a company that doesn't show anything on the books.
I understand your frustration mckeetree in trying to compete with illegals and companies working under the table when you're above board.
Just wanted our members to know I'm not that guy.

Also, that's not my crane. It's my friend who has his own business that I work for in the winter when I shut things down. He is one of several tree companies that I network with (equipment, extra employees, jobs). No man is an island and I've found that in my markets, you're sometimes stronger when you work together.

I hope 2014 brings you more success.

I believe if you have a positive attitude and are active with your community
I walk right in or call management offices drop off some cards maybe trim a few trees at a decent price and then make periodic stops and walk the grounds . I find that works in most cases , I find after you've established that groundwork with them they will start with emails and some bid packages , it takes along time for approvals however once that ball starts rolling it never really stops . I will say that don't expect home runs it's winter work , I just got a 28k job that will take all month , I teamed up with the scaper who referred me and split it right down the middle he supplies the workers and 2 dumps I do all the cutting and actual tree work so I will get a check every ten days for my equip rental and my labor so 14K for just over 3 weeks of work and hey the truck and chipper are just sitting there anywho so why not !
That sounds like a good deal anytime of the year. If ya work 5 days a week its about 1k a day and sounds like not much for expences, better than a kick in the balls!

I walk right in or call management offices drop off some cards maybe trim a few trees at a decent price and then make periodic stops and walk the grounds . I find that works in most cases , I find after you've established that groundwork with them they will start with emails and some bid packages , it takes along time for approvals however once that ball starts rolling it never really stops . I will say that don't expect home runs it's winter work , I just got a 28k job that will take all month , I teamed up with the scaper who referred me and split it right down the middle he supplies the workers and 2 dumps I do all the cutting and actual tree work so I will get a check every ten days for my equip rental and my labor so 14K for just over 3 weeks of work and hey the truck and chipper are just sitting there anywho so why not !
That sounds like a good deal anytime of the year. If ya work 5 days a week its about 1k a day and sounds like not much for expences, better than a kick in the balls!

I do wanna work now .. My thoughts are this area isn't shot at all I think the HOs try and pit one guy against with pricing , that being said commercial work suits me fine I am fine with it , I am seriously pursuing being a tree sub for large landscape companies I have 3 now I want another 3/4 good core companies and it's all completely legit they use me when they need and all I have to do is work.

Dont know why it posted twice and the top post was from last night that I didnt finish or post.

The taxpayers pay my salary for the 42 hrs a week I work. What I do on my time off has nothing to do with anybody as long as I'm not doing anything illegal and as long as it doesn't effect my ability to do the job the taxpayers pay me to do.

I'm a legit company. Registered as a business, fully insured, pay my taxes, register my vehicles, licences, commercial vehicle fees, TCIA member, the whole shebang. Other companies are not competing against me as a public employee, but as another tree company. I've never hidden the fact of my municipal occupation. It's been listed on my profile since I came on this site. However, I don't flaunt the fact I'm a firefighter when I'm out as tree guy either. No Maltese stickers on my car, no firefighter t-shirts. I want my customers to see me as the professional tree guy that I am. I believe that I quote the going rate. I don't get them all... Far from it. I'm slowly building up my company so it has some worth, and not just for the equipment I acquire. If my son decides he doesn't want this line of work, at least he'll have a business to sell. Hard to sell a company that doesn't show anything on the books.
I understand your frustration mckeetree in trying to compete with illegals and companies working under the table when you're above board.
Just wanted our members to know I'm not that guy.

Also, that's not my crane. It's my friend who has his own business that I work for in the winter when I shut things down. He is one of several tree companies that I network with (equipment, extra employees, jobs). No man is an island and I've found that in my markets, you're sometimes stronger when you work together.

I hope 2014 brings you more success.

I just made an observation. Nothing personal against you. You are up there in Canada (so far from me you might as well be on the freaking North Pole, well, I guess you are not that far from it) so I really don't give a **** what you do.

Dont know why it posted twice and the top post was from last night that I didnt finish or post.

While I'm on my customer rant I my as well just throw out there if you can't afford Xmas presents don't ****ing guilt me into it , I did a job a few weeks ago and as the guy wrote the check he said man I guess the kids are gonna have a light Xmas this year . I wanted to choke the guy , then to top it all off I had to sidestep his range rover and watch out for dog **** piles from his 1000.00 boxer ! ****ing people make me nuts .....

Ohhh ya tell me about it!! **** that guy! I hear that all the time. I would have said ya I feel your pain, with the cost of fuel, insurance, comp, employees, and loans I can't afford to buy my family stuff for Christmas eaither. Both my chip and bucket truck are southern. No rust, chrome simulator rims and every Friday afternoon they get washed before the boys are off for the weekend. I worked hard to buy them and I like to keep em looking good. The bucket is an 02 and the chip truck is 99. I had a customer say to me once "holy smokes things must be good! look at these brand new trucks!!" I laughed and said they are both over 10 years old, I am just a tree guy I can't afford to buy brand new! People get me going too!! Assholes!!!

" The problem is all inside your head", I said to me
The answer is easy if you take it logically
I'd like to help you in your struggle to be free
There must be fifty ways to fell a tree

I said it really is my habit to intrude,
Furthermore, I hope my meaning won't be lost or misconstrued
I'll repeat myself at the risk of sounding crude

You just put down the wedge, Reg
And hook it to the truck, Schmuck
You don't need no toy, Roy
Just drop the damn tree
No need to discuss much
Just cut it with the saw, Paul
And drop the damn tree.

Now the only name I could think of that rhymed with wedge was Reg so don't take it personally. There is absolutely no way I would actually be calling you a schmuck

So I drove up to work with one of my logger bubbers today in Lancaster Co. The first tree I zipped off the house without breaking any skylights but when it came to dropping the trunk here we went again with all that cutting and pounding and pulling on the rope with our hands til I was blue in the face.

Then I hucked myself up a couple little monsters til about 1:30 when I came down cause I was getting cranky and we needed to fell a poplar that was in the way of me finishing. It was felled in the direction of its lean and I thought this was going to be a quick thing but yet again Logger Bubbers is hammering with the wedges and working his chainsaw in the most vulgar of ways I ever seen. He was a-hammering and a-pounding for so long that I actually lost interest and hopped in my truck to eat organic granola bars and listen to my Paul Simon Cd. He was pounding them in and they were popping back out. I hope I am not that stubborn. He picked up his saw and I was thinking it was finally going to be over but instead he cut some bark off so the wedges would go in deeper.

There was another short spar standing there which I thought we should rig up nicely but before I knew it he's at it with the, well, you know, and we're at it with the, well, you know that too. He ended up pounding so hard and we were pulling so hard the thing chaired to the side and went towards the house. Of course if we had hooked it to the truck and made a normal, everyday, run of the mill notch and backcut that wouldn't have happened and if it did start to fall sideways I would have stomped the ****ing gas pedal and brought it down where it supposed to go.

But MAN! I was up some big tall oaks today and cutting long, heavy horizontals to which I wondered if I would ever see my kid again. Knocked out three which surprised me cause I have been sitting around eating and drinking since about a week and half ago.

Now sing with me:

Put down the wedge, Reg
Hook it to the truck, Buck
Cut it with the saw, Paul
Don't need to be mean, Bean
I gotta pee, Lee.

Reg, you better be singing cause if yer not that would hurt my feelings and I am very sensitive to that sort of thing. In fact you all had better be singing the ****ing song, don't let me find out you weren't. No joke and I am not drunk or anything.

Last edited:
" The problem is all inside your head", I said to me
The answer is easy if you take it logically
I'd like to help you in your struggle to be free

I said it really is my habit to intrude,
Furthermore, I hope my meaning won't be lost or misconstrued
I'll repeat myself at the risk of sounding crude

You just put down the wedge, Reg
And hook it to the truck, Schmuck
You don't need no toy, Roy
Just drop the damn tree
No need to discuss much
Just cut it with the saw, Paul
And drop the damn tree.

Now the only name I could think of that rhymed with wedge was Reg so don't take it personally. There is absolutely no way I would actually be calling you a schmuck

So I drove up to work with one of my logger bubbers today in Lancaster Co. The first tree I zipped off the house without breaking any skylights but when it came to dropping the trunk here we went again with all that cutting and pounding and pulling on the rope with our hands til I was blue in the face.

Then I hucked myself up a couple little monsters til about 1:30 when I came down cause I was getting cranky and we needed to fell a poplar that was in the way of me finishing. It was felled in the direction of its lean and I thought this was going to be a quick thing but yet again Logger Bubbers is hammering with the wedges and working his chainsaw in the most vulgar of ways I ever seen. He was a-hammering and a-pounding for so long that I actually lost interest and hopped in my truck to eat organic granola bars and listen to my Paul Simon Cd. He was pounding them in and they were popping back out. I hope I am not that stubborn. He picked up his saw and I was thinking it was finally going to be over but instead he cut some bark off so the wedges would go in deeper.

There was another short spar standing there which I thought we should rig up nicely but before I knew it he's at it with the, well, you know, and we're at it with the, well, you know that too. He ended up pounding so hard and we were pulling so hard the thing chaired to the side and went towards the house. Of course if we had hooked it to the truck and made a normal, everyday, run of the mill notch and backcut that wouldn't have happened and if it did start to fall sideways I would have stomped the ****ing gas pedal and brought it down where it supposed to go.

But MAN! I was up some big tall oaks today and cutting long, heavy horizontals to which I wondered if I would ever see my kid again. Knocked out three which surprised me cause I have been sitting around eating and drinking since about a week and half ago.

Now sing with me:

Put down the wedge, Reg
Hook it to the truck, Buck
Cut it with the saw, Paul
I gotta pee, Lee.

Reg, you better be singing cause if yer not that would hurt my feelings and I am very sensitive to that sort of thing. No joke and I am not drunk or anything.

Ohhh ya tell me about it!! **** that guy! I hear that all the time. I would have said ya I feel your pain, with the cost of fuel, insurance, comp, employees, and loans I can't afford to buy my family stuff for Christmas eaither. Both my chip and bucket truck are southern. No rust, chrome simulator rims and every Friday afternoon they get washed before the boys are off for the weekend. I worked hard to buy them and I like to keep em looking good. The bucket is an 02 and the chip truck is 99. I had a customer say to me once "holy smokes things must be good! look at these brand new trucks!!" I laughed and said they are both over 10 years old, I am just a tree guy I can't afford to buy brand new! People get me going too!! Assholes!!!

I know, same hear but its with Porches.
While I'm on my customer rant I my as well just throw out there if you can't afford Xmas presents don't ****ing guilt me into it , I did a job a few weeks ago and as the guy wrote the check he said man I guess the kids are gonna have a light Xmas this year . I wanted to choke the guy , then to top it all off I had to sidestep his range rover and watch out for dog **** piles from his 1000.00 boxer ! ****ing people make me nuts .....

I know, same here but with Porches.

And speaking of Firemen: How about that moonshiner dude on TV. Why hasn't he been arrested?

And speaking of Firemen: How about that moonshiner dude on TV. Why hasn't he been arrested?
The one dude is a tree guy ! He sucks at making moonshine . Him and the other guy with the chops and glasses has the dog named peaches or smooches

Godzillas on
a2aryjy8.jpg

I just made an observation. Nothing personal against you. You are up there in Canada (so far from me you might as well be on the freaking North Pole, well, I guess you are not that far from it) so I really don't give a **** what you do.
I think what squad was trying to say is that he does everything legit and there are still hacks that under cut him. They are everywhere! The amount of factories closing around here its getting bad. You sit at any intersection in any town and watch how many mini vans go through in a day with a little ****** trailer and a ****** riding lawn mower, ladder, wild thing etc. They do decks, trim work, grass cutting, tree work etc and no one can compete with them. It's a joke. I spent 8 hours in a class room today with my guys updating WHMIS, fall arrest, chainsaw operators certificates, CPR/first aid, Ariel lift device training certification, chipper safety, traffic control certification etc. Do you think those assholes bother with that stuff? There are lots of other tree companies around me and I know non of them have that stuff and we do it every year cause its the law! Oh and I live 2 hours from squad and my igloo has running water and the Internet!

The one dude is a tree guy ! He sucks at making moonshine . Him and the other guy with the chops and glasses has the dog named peaches or smooches

That guy is NOT a treeguy. No way, no how. I seent him in action making a travesty out of a little tree. Everything the guy touches turns to crap. The only thing he is good at is keeping those chops in order and he probably pays someone else to do it.

Latest posts

Back