whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't even really care anymore. This is just a hobby to keep beer on the table. That said, I plan on giving it hell next year. lol
**** it right ... It's better to have that attitude if the people want me to work for them they will call , ******* it's been 15 years if I can't support myself after 15 years then I'm the jackass not the guy running around trying to cut his own way , I mean if I lose a job that I actually wanted it bothers me bad then after that I look at myself not that the other guy , there's guys here who will do a 2400 tree for 800 bucks , if I really wanted to be a prickface I could do it for 400 bucks work for free and gas money for the truck a couple Hundo for a helper , I mean how bad you wanna tear someone's ass up ? Me is rather sit on a boat or go riding then work all day for a pack of cigarettes

If a guy kicks your ass with work how is it his fault ? I mean if you don't like the way things are going then ****ing take that **** back . Just saying

Well, yeah, I know where you are coming from but I was just saying. I still think it kinda sucks to pay public employees salaries then have to compete against them...and I'm not the only one that feels that way. Like I said...just saying.

Well, yeah, I know where you are coming from but I was just saying. I still think it kinda sucks to pay public employees salaries then have to compete against them...and I'm not the only one that feels that way. Like I said...just saying.
Yea I know it sucks ! I decided to go balls deep into work this year and really go after more things are starting to turn here now

that does kind of suck

Its also easy to be all "live and let live" about things when it's going your way. I'm guessing we might hear a different tune if the mortgage wasn't getting paid on time, and the repo man was searching for equipment, etc.

1. I mean if I lose a job that I actually wanted it bothers me bad then after that I look at myself not that the other guy

Around here I look at myself, then the other guy. Then I look I look at the ****ed up system we have here that allows the other guy to even be in business...things like why doesn't everybody here have to carry comp or why is an illegal alien in business.

If tree jobs are being lost and it takes me until the repo man shows up or I lose my house. .... Well again that's on me. ! ***** tough here believe me and I have. 2 kids young kids.

Around here I look at myself, then the other guy. Then I look I look at the ****ed up system we have here that allows the other guy to even be in business...things like why doesn't everybody here have to carry comp or why is an illegal alien in business.
Well I learned along time ago that the only guys who suffer are the ones that go legit ! I wish that someone would care about that. My take is there too lazy to go after them .... So they **** with the guys who come to them ........ Us

I guess to tell the truth it never really bothered me to lose a job I really wanted to a legitimate business that wasn't some ****ed up deal.

I feel for you, but that is where our country is headed....backwards. If it is as bad as you say...you need to move elsewhere or do somehting else.

I feel for you, but that is where our country is headed....backwards. If it is as bad as you say...you need to move elsewhere or do somehting else.

It is as bad as I say. We are the only tree outfit in our county that carries any sort of accident coverage for their employees. Should matter to a lot of people you would think? It doesn't. Not anymore. There is a shitload of folks out there now that don't give a ding dong damn if you even have contractor's liability. It hasn't always been like that. And the Mexican problem...my God man, that deal is off the freakin hook in these parts. If I was going to stay in this business for another 12+ years I would for sure think about somewhere else...but I'm not staying in it that long. I doubt even eight more years...if my ass lives that long.

So your the only one that has WC in Dallas?, I dont think so. Who gets the gigs where you need to show proof of WC? I still believe its all in how you market your self. You cant tell me with the millions of people around Dallas you cant market your business and do good.

Back