whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Back in the wild wooly early 70's days I had a one ton dump chip box truck and worked in Hunterdon county New Jersey. Just got back from VNam so was a little uncivilized. Would back the truck into a drive often in deep woods as this area, was just as uncivilized as me. Truck had a big 8 track and graphic power booster and bigass speakers I put in doors. On a day like today, 5 degrees, would open both doors and the truck became a giant boom box and fill the entire neighborhood with music. We would usually be hung over and fire up a doob and fill the whole area with music turned all the way up with a song like this.

One day I remember a guy approaching me, many of the people were hippies living in commune like long drive woods settings. I figure he is gonna tell me to turn the fkn music off , but instead he says "dude that is a great song, lets burn one". Played a lot of "War" and George Thorogood and stuff like that. What would the ISA say about my behavior back then?

They would have sent word via horseback letting you know they didn't approve , in the 70's I was just a thought until my conception in 76' for which my parents gave birth to a monster named Edward j Buck JR

$4.97 for 50# Mortons. Blue stuff 2x...but it just gets passed on. Bill at $20. bag plus $100. hr and $25. for Blue. Do you run sand thru your spreader? Maybe a mix?

20 bucks for a 5 dollar bag? Somebody just might catch on to that but go ahead. To me it sounds like you are using Morton 40 lb blue which I sometimes use when I need a quick bag or two. Its water softener salt though I am not sure why they say you shouldn't use it. It is more refined that rock salt. I use a small but decent push spreader because I am only doing driveways and keep the applications neat.

Its true though: If I charged exactly what it was worth the people could not afford it and they wouldn't. Some do pay extra, send thank you cards and gifts and I like them all but favor the ones who give me booze. The one lady makes me a double espresso with coffe vodka.

I double the price and tend to only use regular rock salt. I did have some problems with its performance in the colder weather but, around here, it usually doesn't stay very cold. So I just use more salt when its cold.

Using straight calcium is dusty and exspenive to the client and I have had complaints about how it is so easy to track it indoors and get all over everything. The mixes are clean and refined to be ideal for melting , running through spreaders, spreading on concrete. Doubling the price for this makes it 1 dollar a pound.

To me sand can be a variable of proceedingly tougher predictions. I dunno.

the big porty is quite a bit bigger and needs to be for 5/8 and 3/4 inch. Doesn't get used that much but when it is time you gotta have it;.

The silver one is a bigger "monster" version ? It looks like a standard large.

Gotta go change the fluids on my chipper. 16° out. Changing the Oil won't make to much of a mess but it will take day to get it all out. Lol

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Yeah the picture doesn't really show it but its fricken huge. You could run 1' rope no prob on that thing,it's rated at 60,000 lb breaking strength

Sent from My Barrett 50cal.
That would be handy if you ever want to send a dump truck down the rope ! That porty screams tiny penis !

I had a great morning until I got my ass chewed from my boss about the snow storm the other nite. , apparently someone hit my bobcat which was parked in a intersection when we took coffee break , I had no idea that parking a machine on the curb within 60 ft of a stop sign was still a intersection but now I have to answer questions about someone else's mistake ! Great

Foreman called me from the job a little bit ago and said the HO is going around informing anybody that will listen of the fact he intends to pay with AMEX. I said tell him OK, that's great, pay with AMEX. Now the HO calls me just now and says he wants us to stop the job at 50% completion and he will pay half on his AMEX card and then come back in two weeks and finish the job and he pay the balance then with a check. WTF? Residential work sucks more and more every year.

I had a great morning until I got my ass chewed from my boss about the snow storm the other nite. , apparently someone hit my bobcat which was parked in a intersection when we took coffee break , I had no idea that parking a machine on the curb within 60 ft of a stop sign was still a intersection but now I have to answer questions about someone else's mistake ! Great

Been there had that happen before. We had a lady drive over our cones and hit a parked loader 100 feet from an intersection and put the blame on us. It was raining at the time but she claimed we left it parked right in the intersection. She was some kind of foreign lady that couldn't speak a lick of English and had to have an interpreter. We ended up proving we were not at fault but our stupid ins. carrier paid out a claim on it anyway.

Back