whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
U got what we had yesterday AM. I looked out the window and thought I was dreaming. GO AWAY SNOW! This time of year is hard, ground is so soft. Did this oak removal and did everything I could to protect the yard. Then, when we are flipping small longs for cribbing and it dinging the yard up, so F it, I just gave up and began the assault. When I dumped the log onto the cribbing, it landed perfect, but drove the smalls down about 4". That yard will take a full load of top soil.

Was going to finish up Saturdays job, employee tells me last night he cant make it because direct tv told him to be home between 8-12 so they can come install some ****. Uh, really dude? So I will be spending the day in the shop, then having a little **** chat with him later. Truth be told Im not too sad about not having to work in the rain today.

Just getting to shop, lighting fire. Another balmy day. Put in my 20 hours worth of weekend warfare. I gotta say, I still got it. These two jobs were bid a little on the aggressive side, but yielded the usual day rate in the end. Had to break out all the good stuff to do it though. From a few wraptor rides, to using the tractor and logging winch to skid trees out of a ravine, to six wheeling the bucket around a house, to climbing out of it to get the last 30' it wouldn't reach. I gotta say, I'm one bad ass mofo. I would love to see the average "tree service" around here take on some of the jobs I do, fairly certain it would be humorous. Just saying.

And I also gotta say, that wraptor is worth every damn penny. I don't care how jaded this business has made me, sitting at the base of a 90' takedown, tied in at 75', listening to the sweet sounds of the wraptor and 200 idling, knowing how much nearly effortless destruction is about to take place and how fast, well, kinda brings back that old evil grin.

Oak removal from the other day. The left side was over a house and service lines. Called for a line drop and it was game on. Speed lined 60% of it out towards where the picture was taken. Fun day. Blocking down the stems kind of sucked though. image.jpg

I am gonna buy a wraptor in April I hear nothing but good things

Not sure what your trees are like there (look pretty wimpy from your pics), but that thing is pretty sick on some of the jobs I run into up here. Pretty sure I wouldn't have finished saturdays job without it. I went up the last 90' gangly oak at 3:00. Tree needed to have some big cuts rigged and and it was still firewood at 4:30. Just being able to take a saw and 9/16 lowering line up with you instead up pulling it up after saves a ton of effort at the end of a long day. Not to mention sailing past all the smaller hemlock limbs I would've been ******** and swearing my way through otherwise. Lol.

Oak removal from the other day. The left side was over a house and service lines. Called for a line drop and it was game on. Speed lined 60% of it out towards where the picture was taken. Fun day. Blocking down the stems kind of sucked though. View attachment 339813

Are you a little guy? Or is that a really big house? The scale just looks really off on that picture.

Was going to finish up Saturdays job, employee tells me last night he cant make it because direct tv told him to be home between 8-12 so they can come install some ****. Uh, really dude? So I will be spending the day in the shop, then having a little **** chat with him later. Truth be told Im not too sad about not having to work in the rain today.

Hey rtsims is the guy that couldn't show up for work because of direct tv coming to his house the same guy who is lounging against the fence in your picture below?! Lol. Ya I'd have a chat with him alright!!! That's a big ugly tree. Nice work!

had to work on bat trees for the gas co. some do-gooder bs stuff. my 201 f-d up and I took a second to think of Reg and launched it from 70 foot. Really wasn't the saw, the bar tip decided to go bad at a bad time. took a hard ride so I figured it could also

Latest posts

Back