whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a cult classic !

Mmm. I guess we won't talk about how he abandoned his baby (or "took his dolls and went home", as you would say) for a year, or whatever it was. Lol. I was here though. I fought that evil, annoying old man and that ****** lawn tractor tooth and nail!! My god, I'm battle weary just thinking back on it..

While fandangling through some brush srt I dropped my 201 from about 25 feet. The handle blew apart and now I'm down a saw. I've dropped my 200t several times and only broke the chain brake. This is not a good sign.

While fandangling through some brush srt I dropped my 201 from about 25 feet. The handle blew apart and now I'm down a saw. I've dropped my 200t several times and only broke the chain brake. This is not a good sign.

There is a very weak spot where the handle meets at the front base. Same thing happened when one fell off the tailgate and landed upside down,, $60.00 and 3 days to get the $11.00 part.
Jeff

man that was a pretty tree...what the reason?
Your telling me,I would've killed to have that tree on my property. The lame ass reason was the ho was scared the tree was going to split and hit his house. That tree was solid as could be and I did not wont to cut it down.

Character is who you are when no one is looking

Your telling me,I would've killed to have that tree on my property. The lame ass reason was the ho was scared the tree was going to split and hit his house. That tree was solid as could be and I did not wont to cut it down.

Character is who you are when no one is looking

That tree is actually a bunch of stump shoots I think. We all talk about our love for trees and once upon a time I kinda like them myself. Now, they are nothing but a pain in the ass. Just about every town has large mature oaks which keep us busy pulling their limbs off of houses and ripping root bases from between the sidewalk. No, I don't know when its going to fall, I just know it will.

I have to get pictures of my big black cherry which I think that everyday its still erect is a miracle.

Anyway:

And another sad day as Flop has died as well as his brother Flip. Burial service to follow.

I had raised a couple skwerels years ago, I wasn't going to save them because I didn't think it was possible but everybody talked me into it and I soon became Skwerel Daddy. They ate like crazy and in a couple weeks their eyes opened and they went tearing around the house. They were fat and cute and purred like kittens.

This time, although the skwerels were about the same age they stopped eating after about a week and died. My daughter took it well and know I think we are going to start a bunny farm but we both would rather have pet skwerels.

Oh well, now I guess I will go back to shootin the damn things.

My condolences Danno. We had a couple bebe's like that, actually had my M-I-L's Pomeranian (who was nursing pups of her own) accept them and nurse them, to bad her pups wanted to play with them before they could walk and ripped them to pieces. M-I-L still not to happy with me about that, her livingroom was a mess.

Went to a job to do a quick prune, call HO before I leave to make sure drive is clear. "YEP" Get there and there sits a car, oh, and the HO got the big aas mower out, of course they are both parked in the LZ and no one is home. Going start billing people lost time charges for this crap.

time to call the doc....over a 4 hour erection

A few years ago a scraped a good amount of sod and soil away exposing this burl. The tree also has other issues like the first union on the right.

From the other side

And its weighted to fall on my beeyoutaful Power Wagon which I would be just lost about if it was ever hurt.

Actually the truck is insured and the only other targets are driveways and fences.

This tree could very well uproot or even break off at the burl anytime. Even though I said the only targets were the fence and clogged driveways that isn't entirely the case as it could hit and kill somebody by chance. Not only that but if I wake up at 3 am for an emergency call and have to cut my way there ( which I do anyway and quite regularly in fact) its just going to piss me off more than I allready am and I am pretty pissed off already just sitting here. My philosophy about removing trees is " chop one down you might as well chop them all" and I have no idea what will float or what will sink when it comes to philosophy or when a tree is going to fall.

Maybe a good idea is to piss myself off even more by air spading, drilling in cables and upping my insurance coverage ?

I dunno, but I sure I am pissed off and this tree has little to do with it though it does add another minute detail. Its a pretty easy TD. I have been up it a couple times cleaning out dead and once I hit it with a lift in the area over my truck and trimmed the pines back. I am glad I did because there were pine limbs all over except around my truck.

This tree could very well uproot or even break off at the burl anytime. Even though I said the only targets were the fence and clogged driveways that isn't entirely the case as it could hit and kill somebody by chance. Not only that but if I wake up at 3 am for an emergency call and have to cut my way there ( which I do anyway and quite regularly in fact) its just going to piss me off more than I allready am and I am pretty pissed off already just sitting here. My philosophy about removing trees is " chop one down you might as well chop them all" and I have no idea what will float or what will sink when it comes to philosophy or when a tree is going to fall.

Maybe a good idea is to piss myself off even more by air spading, drilling in cables and upping my insurance coverage ?

I dunno, but I sure I am pissed off and this tree has little to do with it though it does add another minute detail. Its a pretty easy TD. I have been up it a couple times cleaning out dead and once I hit it with a lift in the area over my truck and trimmed the pines back. I am glad I did because there were pine limbs all over except around my truck.

Get off the f'n couch, put the drink down and Do it! Duh!,,,,,:p,,or just ***** about it,either way, lately you have sounded smarter than I thought you are.
Interesting,,,:confused:

Latest posts

Back