whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If your interest was truly concerned about the safety of others, then it's ok to tell those at risk. In fact, it takes a fair amount of strong moral convictions to take such uncomfortable steps and qualifies in my mind as commendable. Somehow, I still suspect that your motivations may have been suplemented by a conflict with the owner of the problem tree.

If you failed to tell the property owner of your intentions to inform the neighbors he was putting at risk, then it probably still qualifies as "being a dickwad".

I don't think his motivation was supplemented by conflict with the tree's owner, I think that conflict made doing what Vet had to do even harder, more of a mind wrecking chore.

WAIT! Its wrong to be a dickwad? Man you guys have me confused, I thought that was the gist.

But HELL YA, I would have done the same thing. And YES, it would have sucked. AND I would know that people would think I was doing it solely to be a dickwad. That whole mindset goes back to the " already already listening with preconceived notions" thing I so often rant about. A true dickwad is somebody that knowingly leaves a tree like that over his neighbor's house. Sure Vet ( and the rest of us) have the potential to be dickwads but not like that... unless there is a real good reason. Its even says in the bahble, " A dickwad for a dickwad".

Stuff like Vet's half broke oak IS our business. We HAVE to go next door. Think about the liability Vet would face if he had not.

Me? No, I don't believe Vet went over there for spite, in fact I am sure he didn't even want to be involved. Its a pain in the ass, a rock and a hard place. Ethics don't come as easy as they say.

code.jpg

Today: fried like an egg under a 30 degree sun. Bleah! :confused:

Every year I think I`ll handle the heat better than the year before. Yeah... right. I have to bring a gallon of cold water just to pour over my head from time to time to keep me from puking and passing out. I`m Canadian, for God`s sake, what the hell am I doing out under the sun at 30 degrees?

I wish it would snow... :(

Spent all day removing a elm ... And trimming 5 gum trees and knocking down a few big dead oaks
e5ypujy3.jpg

that sucks...here is a night in Cinci after a huge Taste of Cincinnati festival...http://www.wlwt.com/news/Video-rele...by-teens-outside-Taste-of-Cincinnati/26235304
Bunch of ****ing animals. You know if the attackers were white and the couple was black it would be plastered across national news with a witch hunt complete with torches and pitch forks. I'm surprised they even reported it locally.

It seems like every time I'm on rescue I'm going to this one neighborhood called Lake Edward for shootings, stabbings, assaults and other ********. It's so bad there are 4 cop cars and 8 officers minimum assigned to this ONE hood at all times. The 7 11 gets robbed at least once a month. The club in that link has seen more shooting deaths than a first person shooter video game. Virginia Beach is a safe place, except for where these hood rats live. Can't stand it. **** those people.

Today: fried like an egg under a 30 degree sun. Bleah! :confused:

Every year I think I`ll handle the heat better than the year before. Yeah... right. I have to bring a gallon of cold water just to pour over my head from time to time to keep me from puking and passing out. I`m Canadian, for God`s sake, what the hell am I doing out under the sun at 30 degrees?

I wish it would snow... :(
Every year I curse the sun then beg for it to come back in the winter. It doesn't even get that cold here. Low 10s and 20s for a couple days here and there. Screw that Canadian -40 crap! That's a national emergency and people need to be evacuated.

No thanks. I see regular updates on the death tolls from there and Chicago. 5 dead and 15 shot in ONE weekend? I hope you carry a big ass hand cannon with you. I carry my Glock everywhere I go here.
.45 Colt 1911. I live 15 miles north of Detroit and that stuff don't happen around my area(well it happens everywhere but rarely happens by me and if it does its the trash coming up to the suburbs commiting crimes and going back to the hood)

I also carry a Smith and Wesson Bodyguard in a leather holster that prints just like a wallet and you can shoot with it on. It's a sweet rig. It's nice to keep in my pocket in shady areas when I can't keep my primary on my hip. "You want my wallet? You SURE about that?"

me neither. this little keltec pf9 is just like throwing your wallet in your pocket. just ran down to the postoffice thru the ghetto. I got a couple of Glocks but they are too heavy to take most times. things a little shaky after multiple attacks recently at the big city fair.

Friend let me borrow a Keltec to check out. Couldn't hit a barn with that little thing!

Latest posts

Back