whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picked up a few more jobs today. Ran into a guy last weekend who was looking for some oversized firewood. Buddy of mine had a few cords of big ugly stuff he needed to get rid of, rather than re-cutting and re-splitting. Told the guy my buddy could get him the cord of oversized for $x... my buddy was late in delivery, and shorted the load. Guy called me and said to have my buddy come take the load away.

actually i feel confident with my customer relations so salesmanship shouldnt be too hard to master right?

Picked up a few more jobs today. Ran into a guy last weekend who was looking for some oversized firewood. Buddy of mine had a few cords of big ugly stuff he needed to get rid of, rather than re-cutting and re-splitting. Told the guy my buddy could get him the cord of oversized for $x... my buddy was late in delivery, and shorted the load. Guy called me and said to have my buddy come take the load away.

owwww, that hurts, makes you look bad for doing 2 people a favor. Did he already pay the guy for the wood?

owwww, that hurts, makes you look bad for doing 2 people a favor. Did he already pay the guy for the wood?

Nope. Had my buddy been there on time it would have been dealt with upon delivery. Told my buddy he needs to go back and pick it up... his response to me "It doesn't work like that." Not sure where that leaves me, because the way I met this guy was I went over there to go over some details about the job I would be doing at his nextdoor neighbor's place shortly.

Nope. Had my buddy been there on time it would have been dealt with upon delivery. Told my buddy he needs to go back and pick it up... his response to me "It doesn't work like that." Not sure where that leaves me, because the way I met this guy was I went over there to go over some details about the job I would be doing at his nextdoor neighbor's place shortly.

You are about to have an enemy you have to work next to his property.

I think part of my day tomorrow will be spent putting out this fire... or in other words putting the load on MY truck and bringing it back to his house, plus dealing with the lost sale on the client's end.

I think part of my day tomorrow will be spent putting out this fire... or in other words putting the load on MY truck and bringing it back to his house, plus dealing with the lost sale on the client's end.

lesson learned the hard way I guess...best way to learn though.

I finally picked my Bucket Truck up from the shop.
NEW:
Cam
Lifters
Push Rods
Timing Chain
Cam Gear
Crank Gear
Rocker Bolts (new BBC has bolts instead of studs, very hard to find)
80 Million Gaskets

2 lifters where bad, 1 was stuck, other was actually busted, parts made it down to oil pan with out furhter injury. Cam had 2 lobs that where grooved (loosing lift = loosing massive power)

So now it better be good for a while!
Total bill..........................1204 in labor, 874 in part
:blob2::chainsawguy::angry::chainsaw::cry::angry2::angrysoapbox::rant:

It ran really good last night, pulled up a hill that is really steep, no problem.
New cam has a bit of rumble to it, gonna pull off the stock exhaust and put on duals with Flowmaster's or DynoMaxx, should give it a little better performance, and make it sound cooler!
Next.......Nitrous!!! Then im gonna put a chrome tail pipe on it, that should make it faster too...................right!!! and maybe flames..............na, no flames, can already tell that by reading this, im gonna get slammed with the flames........so no flames, I take it back

Last edited:
NEW:
Cam
Lifters
Push Rods
Timing Chain
Cam Gear
Crank Gear
Rocker Bolts (new BBC has bolts instead of studs, very hard to find)
80 Million Gaskets

2 lifters where bad, 1 was stuck, other was actually busted, parts made it down to oil pan with out furhter injury. Cam had 2 lobs that where grooved (loosing lift = loosing massive power)

So now it better be good for a while!

It ran really good last night, pulled up a hill that is really steep, no problem.
New cam has a bit of rumble to it, gonna pull off the stock exhaust and put on duals with Flowmaster's or DynoMaxx, should give it a little better performance, and make it sound cooler!
Next.......Nitrous!!! Then im gonna put a chrome tail pipe on it, that should make it faster too...................right!!! and maybe flames..............na, no flames, can already tell that by reading this, im gonna get slammed with the flames........so no flames, I take it back

Seems like a good price for all that work. Congrats on getting your truck back!

owwww, that hurts, makes you look bad for doing 2 people a favor.

No doubt, I had that happen to me this year, sent another guy some fire wood business, guy delivers it, drops it in front of garage door at like 530 in the am on his way to work, couple wake up, get ready to go to work, open up garage door too leave, WTF!!!!!
I get a really bad phone call, GUY IS FREAKING SCREAMING AT ME! I calm him down, I run over there, WHOLE DUMP TRUCK LOAD!!! maybe 2-3 cords? When we got done, I was about too pass out! He 2! He looks at me and says " you are the coolest f#@$%r I know for doing this" and starts laughing! I went home, get back in the house, phone rings,
its firewood dude, "Hey! already delivered that wood to that guy, thanks man, how do I get paid?" I tell him what happened...........he pauses.........."So I suppose I was not to put it right in front of the garage door as he requested,"
RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE GARAGE DOOR AS HE REQUESTED?
"yep, he said to drop it in the am, that way he can load it right into his garage before he goes to work"
:bang:
Guess HO didnt think too much about this! Should have had the cars out!
Whole thing was funny, after the fact. HO paid him, shot me a thank you card with 25 bucks "to buy me lunch"

No doubt, I had that happen to me this year, sent another guy some fire wood business, guy delivers it, drops it in front of garage door at like 530 in the am on his way to work, couple wake up, get ready to go to work, open up garage door too leave, WTF!!!!!
I get a really bad phone call, GUY IS FREAKING SCREAMING AT ME! I calm him down, I run over there, WHOLE DUMP TRUCK LOAD!!! maybe 2-3 cords? When we got done, I was about too pass out! He 2! He looks at me and says " you are the coolest f#@$%r I know for doing this" and starts laughing! I went home, get back in the house, phone rings,
its firewood dude, "Hey! already delivered that wood to that guy, thanks man, how do I get paid?" I tell him what happened...........he pauses.........."So I suppose I was not to put it right in front of the garage door as he requested,"
"yep, he said to drop it in the am, that way he can load it right into his garage before he goes to work"
Whole thing was funny, after the fact. HO paid him, shot me a thank you card with 25 bucks "to buy me lunch"

Funny thats ####ing hilarious and I don't care I would laughed in his face , for being an idiot and not taking the cars out of the garage .. Thats classic and how long did moving 2 cords take ya ??? I can't even ... I am gonna dwell on how truely funny that is ...

I got one for you , about five years ago a lifelong friend of my family gets married and she buys a house , she calls me to look at tree behind the house , so its a junk locust tree that is leaning right towards the house , the husbands wants the tree but there are roots in the way of installing the footing for the new deck he is building that day .. He asks me to remove the roots with the grinder I say "no way" the tree will fall over , she says "how much to cut the whole tree " she doesn't like the lean and is fine with the loss of shade ... Evidently he thinks that the price of the tree is too much so I leave ... Not five hours later she calls me and says " Can you please come over we have a big problem" crying and I say "sure" not asking why just knowing its bad ... I pull up to the house and see lights set up in the backyard because they are still working on the deck , its like 9pm , I swear that when I walked in the backyard she is tearing him and his dad a new ###hole like I have never seen before .. They cut all the roots near the footing with a saw and the tree fell over smashed the new deck to toothpicks and the whole corner of the house and a nice punch hole in the roof .... I looked at him a beaten scorned man and his father who was trying to fade off into the shadows and laughed right in both of there faces ... She turned and looked at me and for a second wanted to shoot me and than she punched me dead in the chest and started to crack up , he started laughing and his father just was so upset he left... So the next day we took the tree out , helped patch the roof and cleaned up what we could of the deck....

Sounds like you got off cheap. Good to hear you got it back. ---Knocked down a Boxelder for Slayer today. Then did some bs cutting on my own. One ground guy didnt show but I cant get to mad cuz it was his B-day last night.

Latest posts

Back