whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just back from my docs. Arm still straight and healing. She says probably only about 60 - 70% healed. Says smokers usually take a couple more weeks. Only lift 1 - 5 pounds. Could still break. Probably shouldn't have been dragging brush with it yesterday. I'm just gonna go easy from now on.

Could be worse news though. They left me in the room looking at the x ray for what felt like forever, looked still broken to me. Guess the line where the break is won't go away for six months to a year (whew). Lol.
You coulda been 100% with the cast on , I was racing bikes again in 4 weeks with a cast , ya just couldn't wait to tear the **** outta that cast ! Dumbly rumby

Well it is to late now but i did the same thing with 2 trucks, what i told the wife was ( after i brought them home ) it was a package deal and i had to buy all or nothing. And i had all ready bought them so it was to late anyway. I would go with the Fl70 and make one of your guys learn to drive it or get replaced. Tell him that and it will help motivate him.
Picked up the v10 today for 2 grand, cab is mint but the bed is a lil rotted, nothing that can't be quickly fixed. I'll be getting the fl70 soon too!
image.jpg

It was here too 75 and sunny.....but storms with 70-80mph winds likely tomorrow so i see some looooong hours again this week:(

Had a horrible encounter with a stubborn woman who wanted her apple tree topped because her neighbor complained about the fruit attracting animals. I informed her of the irony of what she wanted since she get a ton of apples on the ample new growth the following year and she got really really frustrated with me. Then I got frustrated with her. I thank the isa for supplying a nice link so I can save my breath because I don't want to explain this fallacy to her a third time. http://www.treesaregood.com/treecare/resources/WhyToppingHurts.pdf

Ha, I met with a guy this week who by looking at his house and dress you would think was at least an average intelligence kind of person but he wanted his Pear topped again. BUT he didn't want just any old hack to do it! I tried to explain a couple problems with how he wanted it done and just gave up. He wanted it nice and rounded over, see how nice the shape is?That doesn't just happen on accident! Then he pointed at his neighbors flat topped tree and said he didn't want it like that but his Cherry on this other side must have been done by the same guy cause it looked like ****! I just tried to laugh and get away from his dumb ass.

Ha, I met with a guy this week who by looking at his house and dress you would think was at least an average intelligence kind of person but he wanted his Pear topped again. BUT he didn't want just any old hack to do it! I tried to explain a couple problems with how he wanted it done and just gave up. He wanted it nice and rounded over, see how nice the shape is?That doesn't just happen on accident! Then he pointed at his neighbors flat topped tree and said he didn't want it like that but his Cherry on this other side must have been done by the same guy cause it looked like ****! I just tried to laugh and get away from his dumb ass.

Nice and rounded over. That's a trigger phrase for me when I realize what the dummy wants.

No need to get worked up over topping a pear tree.

I think apple trees will produce a lot more decay than other trees when topped.

They use a sickle bar to prune orchard trees.

Back