whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I kinda like when the help doesn't show. I can jerk off at the office for a couple more hours then go do it myself.

Soo... my chip truck has been back at the dealer's since yesterday. Ac barely worked for about 10 mins before I noticed how bad it sucked and the light was on again, black sooty deposits circulating through the coolant system... and I'm glad I kept it another day cuz it sprang a nasty exhaust leak (presumably where they changed the manifold pipe). Went by yesterday to grab my book out of the cab and the kid had the whole thing ripped apart again, valve cover off, pulling overflow tank. Man, ****ing bill had better still be what I was quoted. They're definitely losing their asses on this one!!

Soo... my chip truck has been back at the dealer's since yesterday. Ac barely worked for about 10 mins before I noticed how bad it sucked and the light was on again, black sooty deposits circulating through the coolant system... and I'm glad I kept it another day cuz it sprang a nasty exhaust leak (presumably where they changed the manifold pipe). Went by yesterday to grab my book out of the cab and the kid had the whole thing ripped apart again, valve cover off, pulling overflow tank. Man, ****ing bill had better still be what I was quoted. They're definitely losing their asses on this one!!

like clockwork bubba clockwork.

What's this, doc?

You actually thought you were going to take the truck in, they were going to rebuild the motor and that be the end? Dude, I am sorry but that is not how it works and optimism is for people with no experience.

I took that Mt-55 in to have the re-re seal the timing cover on Saturday, they have not even touched it. They always have some seemingly plausible reason for every screw up on their behalf.

I heard that once you give a shop authorization you are pretty much at their mercy.

Lol. Yes, @ $7100, that's pretty much what my thinking was. I do however, now see your point, Dr.

I blame the system most shops use. This kind of work takes a lot of patience and concentration which easily lost due to all the other stuff the mechanic has to do in the time frame he is given. It may sound like a good idea in order to make the most money but in truth it is sabotage.

I hear ya. I am just sticking to my original goal, no matter what.. its all a dumb bastard like me knows: Finish paying all this crap off, and have it be mint, damn it!! In my naive, booze addled brain, I somehow hope that by the time its all worn out the business (scoff, scoff) will be successful enough to purchase newer equipment. Lmao.. sounds even more humorous when I type it all out like that!!o_O

I hear ya. I am just sticking to my original goal, no matter what.. its all a dumb bastard like me knows: Finish paying all this crap off, and have it be mint, damn it!! In my naive, booze addled brain, I somehow hope that by the time its all worn out the business (scoff, scoff) will be successful enough to purchase newer equipment. Lmao.. sounds even more humorous when I type it all out like that!!o_O

Well I didn't intend to bring you down.

What was it anyway? Rod knocking?

I feel bad for not telling you to just run it til it blows so you would get a new motor because once that kind of thing is opened up its really hard to close.

Even the dealers hate warranty work because it pays less than regular maintenance and repair. The mechanic takes the worst of this shortchange and this paradigm has flooded the mainstream to the point its acceptable, expected and exploited by clean people in white shirts.

Scored piston/cylinder. It'll be fine.. I hope. I will admit it makes me a little nervous. Just looking at the valve cover off for a second yesterday, I was thinking "what if something falls in there"?? I am keeping the faith though. Lol.

That and it seems like they put some kid straight outta tech school on it, but who knows. I did read between the lines enough to know the shop manager was less than impressed.

Scored piston/cylinder. It'll be fine.. I hope. I will admit it makes me a little nervous. Just looking at the valve cover off for a second yesterday, I was thinking "what if something falls in there"?? I am keeping the faith though. Lol.

That and it seems like they put some kid straight outta tech school on it, but who knows. I did read between the lines enough to know the shop manager was less than impressed.

It might even make sense to sell the truck once its " fixed".

It might even make sense to sell the truck once its " fixed".

That's one of the stupidest things you've said yet, Dr. In chassis rebuilds are done on these trucks all the time. She purred like a kitten, was just the black in the coolant. Guy was thinking maybe a cup in an injector was leaking or something (not that that means anything to me).

That's one of the stupidest things you've said yet, Dr. In chassis rebuilds are done on these trucks all the time. She purred like a kitten, was just the black in the coolant. Guy was thinking maybe a cut in an injector was leaking or something (not that that means anything to me).

Its a common business practice, but I suppose not for people like us. And yes, they rebuild them all the time, that is why there are so many for sale and you know where.

Latest posts

Back