whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just cause you can't find one doesn't mean a truck is worth that kinda money , this is one is a pretty nice truck , but rule of salesman are always 100% markup so when they unload them at auction for 20Gs yea they are gonna try and squeeze 40/50 outta someone . And for someone that wants a 4x4 rear mount 50 maybe a good investment ...... That being said don't mean that it's worth it
the worth of anything is based on supply and demand. if you were the only whore in the oilfield you can charge whatever the traffic will bear. that being said- pretty unique truck.

I have it in my bucket .... And I hammer on it late in the day loaded with wood pulled a trailer , and it does do the work , it's just underpowered on hills

I flopped a 90' Ash in a lake yesterday. Dragged it out with the farming winch real quick. Thing was covered in bittersweet vines and the MDS was freezing his ass off (would've had to climb it otherwise). Kinda fun. We just had to fish a few branches out with the throw line and pole saw. But yeah, I murphed that ****er right on up.:laugh:

When I was looking I couldn't find a rear mount for less than 45k. And they were from schmittys or that other place.

They are hard to find. That's all we use. Last time I looked around the ones that were ready to put in service were all north of 40k. There is some old non over center utility bed ex power company trucks out there for 15k.

Yeah...502. I just remember that was an engine option in a new truck we ordered a few years back. I don't think they produce it any longer.
The 8.1s are 496's.

The salesmen must have told ya it's a 502, they are usually f'in morons. Was looking at grand Cherokees for the wife, two were sitting side by side, one had a v6 and trailer hitch one had a hemi. Told him I would be doing some towing with it so I was only interested in the hemi. Dumbass told me I needed the one with the tow package and I couldn't tow with the other one. I was like the v6 doesn't have the balls to pull my boat, he still insisted I wouldn't be able to ever pull anything because the hemi car didn't come with a tow package.

I flopped a 90' Ash in a lake yesterday. Dragged it out with the farming winch real quick. Thing was covered in bittersweet vines and the MDS was freezing his ass off (would've had to climb it otherwise). Kinda fun. We just had to fish a few branches out with the throw line and pole saw. But yeah, I murphed that ****er right on up.:laugh:
must of been at the magic house to left of garage?

The 8.1s are 496's.

The salesmen must have told ya it's a 502, they are usually f'in morons. Was looking at grand Cherokees for the wife, two were sitting side by side, one had a v6 and trailer hitch one had a hemi. Told him I would be doing some towing with it so I was only interested in the hemi. Dumbass told me I needed the one with the tow package and I couldn't tow with the other one. I was like the v6 doesn't have the balls to pull my boat, he still insisted I wouldn't be able to ever pull anything because the hemi car didn't come with a tow package.

Yeah, the info came from the sales guy. It was a new one ton (3500)
and it was 6.0, the 8.1 I suppose it is...I'm sure he called it a 502, or a duramax diesel. We got the 6.0.

Latest posts

Back