whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What engine is in your bucket, and what boom do you have ??
Dt-466 with a xt-55
Got the head pulled and loaded to have it checked out. Injectors all documented and ready to get checked also. Found a spot in the head gasket that was a bit different looking than the rest between the 4th and 5th cylinder. The exhaust valves were discolored in those 2 cylinders as well. Truck still ran good but was overpressuring the cooling system a bit. Was losing a gallon a day. Not enough through the exhaust to notice smoke. Mostly out of the cap while driving. Never got hot though.

Dt-466 with a xt-55
Got the head pulled and loaded to have it checked out. Injectors all documented and ready to get checked also. Found a spot in the head gasket that was a bit different looking than the rest between the 4th and 5th cylinder. The exhaust valves were discolored in those 2 cylinders as well. Truck still ran good but was overpressuring the cooling system a bit. Was losing a gallon a day. Not enough through the exhaust to notice smoke. Mostly out of the cap while driving. Never got hot though.
cylinder liners...

Dt-466 with a xt-55
Got the head pulled and loaded to have it checked out. Injectors all documented and ready to get checked also. Found a spot in the head gasket that was a bit different looking than the rest between the 4th and 5th cylinder. The exhaust
valves were discolored in those 2 cylinders as well. Truck still ran good but was overpressuring the cooling system a bit. Was losing a gallon a day. Not enough through the exhaust to notice smoke. Mostly out of the cap while driving. Never got hot though.

That seems to be pretty common with the 466 as they get older. If you can do the work tho like your doing that motor is great and shouldn't break the bank getting her 100% again.

How many miles on the truck hours I guess since it is a bucket would add to it to. But we seem to see it close to 300k miles they need an in frame rebuild.

Headlined the last day of a 7 day art and music festival tonight. Guess who will be tired for work tomorrow. Just got home and I can never just go to bed after a show. I have to take some time to let my mind and body unwind. And...we probably didn't make as much money as we should have tonight which is why I have to go do tree work tomorrow. But....there were lots of beautiful, dancing women for inspiration tonight sometimes it's not just about the money. I could tell you guys a couple of decades worth of stories...but I won't. :)

Thought I would throw this up in here since some people in here do crane work. I upraded to the new Bluetooth in helmet system and don't need these anymore they all work great. Kenwood UHF 16 channel. 150.00$ for all three
20150119_012110_zps3dbu2nhn.jpg

I was hoping they gave you the new 725 to play with. Other than the length (because of how I carry mine), I think it would be the best for tree work.

View attachment 395226
I wish I'd had waited for the 725 myself, this 650 has had the drive pumps replaced twice with 23 hrs on the machine. I'm pissed, if it happens again I'm demanding a new machine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't realize they would be popular a guy picked jumped on them did credit card.

If you need any saws I'm gonna upload like 10 that have minor problems some worse than others all under 200$. Bought new ones already tired of tripping over them lol

I didn't realize they would be popular a guy picked jumped on them did credit card.

If you need any saws I'm gonna upload like 10 that have minor problems some worse than others all under 200$. Bought new ones already tired of tripping over them lol

Let me know about the saws. Definitely interested and can probably just pick them up or if you coming to Ohio, I can meet you somewhere.

Will talk to ya tonight Matt. Eating lunch staring at the rest of a big ugly I'm working on. Two houses, aluminum fence, trellace, and in the center of a deck. Sometimes I wish the boss didn't have so much faith in me.

No. I don't remember if I've posted any crane pics. It's been awhile since I've done a crane removal. Really could've used it today. 10 picks at the most. It would've been a smaller crane to get around the intersection.

Latest posts

Back