whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No. I don't remember if I've posted any crane pics. It's been awhile since I've done a crane removal. Really could've used it today. 10 picks at the most. It would've been a smaller crane to get around the intersection.

Its not gonna be for a while but I think on the next bucket we are gonna do a really short wheel base cab over. Ive seen guys getting a 75ft elevator true rear mount on them, put high float tires underneath it and get it in just about anywhere.

It was a perfect day to teach the groundies how to run a speed line. Gotta love tall cottonwoods growing in trailer parks.speedline.jpg

Attachments

• dropzone.jpg
    dropzone.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 30
image.jpg Like the chip truck. Got that same chipper if that's a 1250 with curbside.
That's the log I had to deal with today. Quartered cookies to load up. 4 one ton dump loads of wood hauled out by hand. Got a big willow to zip line over a creek tomorrow. Not sure how I'm gonna get the lower wood across yet but I'll figure it out.

That was a beast fer sure. Im glad I didnt have to climb that one. Nice job. I had to cut about a half dozen cookies and load them on the bucket and boom them over the fence. The home owner wanted about a 8 ft stump. Go figure. Im slowly teaching my new ground crew how to do things the way I do things. They both have worked with a lot of other climbers over the years but this is the first time they have ever seen a speed line. One guy got smacked in the leg with about a 12 ft branch when it came speeding down the line. The next lesson of the day was showing them how I can control decent using a tag line and figure 8. LOL

43f0a09c8a77d6ffd3bbeb97bb772026.jpg
gotta trim trim trim every tree in the town can't be afraid just gotta go go go

That was a beast fer sure. Im glad I didnt have to climb that one. Nice job. I had to cut about a half dozen cookies and load them on the bucket and boom them over the fence. The home owner wanted about a 8 ft stump. Go figure. Im slowly teaching my new ground crew how to do things the way I do things. They both have worked with a lot of other climbers over the years but this is the first time they have ever seen a speed line. One guy got smacked in the leg with about a 12 ft branch when it came speeding down the line. The next lesson of the day was showing them how I can control decent using a tag line and figure 8. LOL
It can take alot of work to beak bad habits. We have 3 really solid guys that one guy that keeps changing over the years kills me sometimes. Get my saw then a lap full of gas or I can't get the knot untied while standing in like a 6 inch top. O boy the fun.

Running the bucket flipped over gets me screwed up then once you get it down when you switch back over your really confused.

View attachment 396491 Like the chip truck. Got that same chipper if that's a 1250 with curbside.
That's the log I had to deal with today. Quartered cookies to load up. 4 one ton dump loads of wood hauled out by hand. Got a big willow to zip line over a creek tomorrow. Not sure how I'm gonna get the lower wood across yet but I'll figure it out.

Those things are a pain in the nuts. The knuckle boom has saved my back so many times with those last 30 40 foot of nasty trunk wood. Brushing trees out I can usually do them just as fast either way but that trunk wood is a killer. O use to call it pizza boxing always felt like I was cutting and throwin heavy pizza boxes.

If you guys wanna go to the Terex dealer I'm gonna pick it up on the 11th it should be pretty cool.

I have one good groundie who has been doing tree work for over 10 years. He is good at running the show on the ground but he is gettin a little long in the tooth. He likes to be done by 3:00 or 4:00 so he can go home and play with the grand kids and I sometimes have to enforce a $5 fine for whining.

I have one good groundie who has been doing tree work for over 10 years. He is good at running the show on the ground but he is gettin a little long in the tooth. He likes to be done by 3:00 or 4:00 so he can go home and play with the grand kids and I sometimes have to enforce a $5 fine for whining.
Get a branch manager
7683833c64fa572f60ac3ebef86b7cd1.jpg

My wife said ok to this kind of branch manager, when i was looking at grapples.

As a owner I prefer running the ground now, after years of climbing and having new guys every so many months. I now have a good climber, for the last 3 years, which allows me to be on the ground dealing with the customers and neighbors.

This way I can control what is being said and cut. We are a 2 man operation, and the branch manager helps things to go smoothly etc.

Yeah Matt we'll see if I can go. Not sure what we're doing with the 1250 yet. Still waiting on a 250 XP to get here. Then we'll probably keep the 1250 around for a little while before selling it. I got a guy who says he wants it but not sure how $eriou$ he really is.

Snow came at the worst time today so nothing got done. Had to many guys on snow detail to go out and take down that willow. Need a lot if bodies to help layout the 500 feet of ground protection for the chip truck. Coming across the outfield of a ball park. Ground just isn't frozen enough. Did some maintenance and organized my climbing and rigging gear. Realized I need more stuff. Started a wish list to hand to the boss. GRCS is on there about ten times.

Pulled into the gas station in the bucket truck with maybe 1/8th of a tank this morning. Filled it for $78! Couldn't fit another drop in the tank. I should frame that receipt and hang it on the wall, right? :)

It will last for a while. It's designed to knock Saudi oil competition out. That takes time. I'd say a year or so.

Actually, we are being told that they want to knock out American domestic competition. That may be a welcomed (by the Saudis) bi-product but the real reason is for influence and superiority in the Mid-East. The Saudis and Iran support different militant factions in the region. Iran is heavily dependent on oil prices for their economy and are currently in a very dire situation due to sanctions. The Saudis want to bring Iran even further to it's knees and limit their influence in the region by damaging their economy and funding potential. They did this prior to the 1979 Iranian Revolution and also prior to the vote to re-elect Ahmadinejad. The drastic decrease in gov't funding forced the Iranians to cut way back on popular social programs at a time when many heavily depended on them and played a big role in Ahmadinejad not being re-elected.

Latest posts

Back