whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Second time today I got to see a pic of that truck. Fine looking machine you got there. Trying to talk my boss into a k-boom with grapple attachment. Until then I'll settle with seeing grapple trucks in forums.

It's a shame about the crane tipping over. I'm glad nobody got hurt. My worst fear is a boom coming down with me in it. Not on a regular basis but when I have it fully extended at about 45 or 50 degrees and off the side and it rocks a little. Done it a million times and I still don't like it very much most of the time. I feel much more comfortable climbing than in that boom scenario. I'll still always try to get a boom to the work before I climb but I'm never very worried about climbing.

As far as what I did today....I've had a female filling in on the crew this week. Going pretty well actually. A friend saw me toward the end of the day today and said "Hey...I see you're an equal opportunity employer! Good man!" I was like "Well...I need the spot filled and she can do the job for a few days". I don't think she's tough enough or strong enough to be a full-time employee (and she would agree) but that doesn't speak for all women. I've met some who are just as tough as the men I've had working. I've even considered starting an all-female residential crew in the past. I still think it's a good idea....and not from any pervy viewpoint. I think it can be marketable.

Knocked this Oak out today
aca7050769220b9a476ca6761e4984df.jpg
3a7227a3973713440c4da6af231dfe74.jpg
8592110e25c5ec164d851237a5df881a.jpg
f59abbb4afb0ded161e9d669f7d1e85b.jpg
324b4d62e07928d9921377ff19d4bfb9.jpg
2ac8c3df0929768243bc7f3ba52a1948.jpg

I was telling him what to do instead of letting him do what he knew. We we're moving the chipper truck top from the rear on the crane, it was only a few feet and I was in a hurry and told him not to worry with the front outriggrrs just use the rear. After that I told him to boom over the side as now I wanted to put the basket on the back, I forgot about the front outriggrrs he tried to put down when we started. The ground collapsed under the rear outriggrrs and the weigh of the boom took it over. No pick was on the hook.
the only good thing about this is that nobody got hurt. all the comments that say it sucks and thats too bad are ********. for someone who has had this crane for as long as you have been showing pictures of it, you should get a good slap. nothing but stupidity, and you are supposed to be setting an example. just absolute ********!

the only good thing about this is that nobody got hurt. all the comments that say it sucks and thats too bad are ********. for someone who has had this crane for as long as you have been showing pictures of it, you should get a good slap. nothing but stupidity, and you are supposed to be setting an example. just absolute ********!
What can I say, you are correct

image.jpg
Picked up a new to me F450 the other day. It'll be nice having four wheel drive. Things in pretty good shape but the box is tiny. She'll make for a nice pruning rig, but already thinking about raising the roof up a few more feet.
Anyway I'm getting on a plane to go look at houses in Charlotte. We have to make a decision whether we are moving or not in the next two weeks.

Got the replacement bed knife installed in my little BC625a. It made a big difference in how it chips with a squared off anvil edge and it adjusted much closer to the knives. I didn't even change to fresh knives yet as I was kinda in a hurry. I wish I had had adjusted/flipped the anvil when I first got the machine it made that much of a difference in how it chips.

View attachment 402870
Picked up a new to me F450 the other day. It'll be nice having four wheel drive. Things in pretty good shape but the box is tiny. She'll make for a nice pruning rig, but already thinking about raising the roof up a few more feet.
Anyway I'm getting on a plane to go look at houses in Charlotte. We have to make a decision whether we are moving or not in the next two weeks.
Is that a 99' 7.3? or is it gas? I picked up a 99' F550 back in august and had to dump another 2-3K into it by the end of the year just in sensors and relays.

Is that a 99' 7.3? or is it gas? I picked up a 99' F550 back in august and had to dump another 2-3K into it by the end of the year just in sensors and relays.
It's a 99 V10. I've owned lots of superdutys and don't know where you could have dropped that kind of money into sensors or relays in any of the engine offerings (I've owned them all). They made tons of these trucks and parts are cheap and everywhere.

It's a 99 V10. I've owned lots of superdutys and don't know where you could have dropped that kind of money into sensors or relays in any of the engine offerings (I've owned them all). They made tons of these trucks and parts are cheap and everywhere.
I understand that my situation is probably about as bad as it gets. But mine is the 7.3 powerstroke and it seemed like just about every week or two for the first couple of months I owned it something else was going on it. A lot of it was just regulator valves and pressure sensors and oil sensors. I tried buying aftermarket parts in some places when it first started but nothing was holding up so I just went straight to ford for everything.

So far though everything seems to be holding up since the repairs. Now I just have to get it out there and see if I can make some money with it this year!

Back