whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Removed about 10 white pines. Tops reaching over 100'. Owner wanted the wood (thank you). I hate these trees so much, especially when you top em out and the pitch squishes out like blood from a wound. Getting in your ropes, clothes and hair.
cbdaacb23ed8bb9a2c9ba381852d2912.jpg

Spent some time with the parents and grandparents dug some taters trimmed a maple ..... Pulled this out of the jing weeds this weekend... Then Pulled it just shy of 300miles to get it home with no issues going to start going through it tomorrow night allreaddy know it needs new bearings all the way around on the carriage needs one upright replaced oil change and then see how it runs can't beat the price tho
uploadfromtaptalk1445800944271.jpg

Jesse

Tier four, remember? That's probably where it burns off its carbon, or whatever it does. That piece of crap new school tractor I have has a separate exhaust port coming out the hood that only gets used when its doing its cycling burn-off thing. Gay.

Dang long days for me,,I average 12 to 13 hours a day all week and then there are Saturdays,,also a couple hours on Sunday,
I embrace it, keeps me young,,
You have to embrace it or you will go crazy,,
I know you guys know I always say 'it was a beautiful day'
True, but you have to make it a beautiful day,
I actually go into the day not knowing what possible scenario could keep this from being a beautiful day,,
I am so glad we change the clocks this weekend :clap:
I need to leave my house at 3am to set up for the guys to show up and get to work,
sounds weird, but we in San Diego only do commercial and not residential,,
I wish climber's was not a dying breed, climber's in California can write their own ticket,

But all in all, it was a 'beautiful day'
Jeff

Dang long days for me,,I average 12 to 13 hours a day all week and then there are Saturdays,,also a couple hours on Sunday,
I embrace it, keeps me young,,
You have to embrace it or you will go crazy,,
I know you guys know I always say 'it was a beautiful day'
True, but you have to make it a beautiful day,
I actually go into the day not knowing what possible scenario could keep this from being a beautiful day,,
I am so glad we change the clocks this weekend :clap:
I need to leave my house at 3am to set up for the guys to show up and get to work,
sounds weird, but we in San Diego only do commercial and not residential,,
I wish climber's was not a dying breed, climber's in California can write their own ticket,

But all in all, it was a 'beautiful day'
Jeff

You're company hasn't phased out climbers with spider lifts yet I take it? In my area there's three companies that just don't want to pay for a climber so they bought a 100k lift and have a Mexican run it.

I was doing a job out of my usual area earlier this year, there was a start up style operation cutting down the road. Beat up old trucks and the most humorous chipper/chip truck I've seen in years. That was fine, I mean everybody has to start somewhere. What bothered me was like four white guys in their early to mid 20's all watching a Mexican butcher these trees down. I was thinking to myself "man, these ****ing guys are that young, and they can't even start off climbing their own trees like real men". Nope, just hire a Mexican to do it for you. Kinda made me sick. Amazing how fast a guy can get a tree down when he doesn't give a flying **** what the hell gets smashed down below though!!:laugh:

Had a nice easy day at shopping plaza parking lot trim. Lift n' shape on about 20 Lindens and a handful of crab apple and Locust. It's only day three as a groundie so I'm still on brush duty for the delicate trim jobs but not a single piece of it was over 4" so pretty cushy after the lifting at the start of the week. Learned some very useful stuff about pruning though and got a bit of practice moving the chip truck around a mostly quiet parking lot. I've soaked up a ton in less than a week and just getting started. Great to be doing this full time as I've wanted to for a while after a couple farm & sugarbush jobs that happened to involve a good bit of tree work. They're interested in training climbers too so the future is bright.

Cat C3.4.
What's strange to me is this motor runs at 1900 ish' rpm, is quiet, and rarely bogs down. The torque it must generate is unreal. Very happy with it. Saving a 3-4 man crew about 1-2 hrs a day, up to 3 hrs on large removals. It's enough to fit in several smaller jobs in the week. Pays its own $1160 payment in a week. Was scared to go into debt for it but man was it worth it.

Back