whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a nice easy day at shopping plaza parking lot trim. Lift n' shape on about 20 Lindens and a handful of crab apple and Locust. It's only day three as a groundie so I'm still on brush duty for the delicate trim jobs but not a single piece of it was over 4" so pretty cushy after the lifting at the start of the week. Learned some very useful stuff about pruning though and got a bit of practice moving the chip truck around a mostly quiet parking lot. I've soaked up a ton in less than a week and just getting started. Great to be doing this full time as I've wanted to for a while after a couple farm & sugarbush jobs that happened to involve a good bit of tree work. They're interested in training climbers too so the future is bright.
where in VT are you?

Cat C3.4.
What's strange to me is this motor runs at 1900 ish' rpm, is quiet, and rarely bogs down. The torque it must generate is unreal. Very happy with it. Saving a 3-4 man crew about 1-2 hrs a day, up to 3 hrs on large removals. It's enough to fit in several smaller jobs in the week. Pays its own $1160 payment in a week. Was scared to go into debt for it but man was it worth it.

What did you get for an interest rate if you don't mind me asking. I looked at my paperwork for my chipper financing from 2006 when I bought mine new and they gave me 11%. Which isn't that good but they sneaked a $5100 line item in that pushed the rate to around 24%.

Funny you ask. It's called a EFA loan. Equipment finance agreement. It's actually not based on an interest rate it's "payment driven". I know it sounds crazy but it's the truth. Essentially I'm paying 69k for a 55k item over 5 years. I tried to do the math and came up with something around 8-9%.

The early payoff is weird too. I can pay it off any time after 12 months, but I only end up saving 4k compared to riding out the term. Would love to save 4k though:)

Brought the new truck home this week. Figure it's best to have a few shiny things at the inevitable auction. Lol

4b68497beaf8e9cc4ac4c5cfe73cc277.jpg

fc57e7de75dd31cef0d23b50416d38d8.jpg

d4cc26a87ee0747acdef7611e1a620f8.jpg

6.7 diesel. MP-9 box built by Southco. I'm pleased with it.

All i know is that i dont see pics of what you all did today

post some pics so we can criticize and make suggestions about your jobs aint what this thread is for???

PICS OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN
GO LIONS STAFFORD SUCKS

All i know is that i dont see pics of what you all did today

post some pics so we can criticize and make suggestions about your jobs aint what this thread is for???

PICS OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN
GO LIONS STAFFORD SUCKS

Who are you to criticize our work,,and why aren't you in 101?
Jeff

Back