whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It seems like every bandit has rust issues in that area on the engine box. It's frustrating if you like to keep your equipment nice and by the looks of your picture you do.

Not sure if it's true or not but my bandit rep told me those shoots aren't built to travel facing backwards and that they have had to fix several cracked ones. I used to keep the vermeer backward all the time so the guys wouldn't tear it up jack knifing the truck. I don't have to on the bandit as long as it's pointing center of the chip box.

Not sure if it's true or not but my bandit rep told me those shoots aren't built to travel facing backwards and that they have had to fix several cracked ones. I used to keep the vermeer backward all the time so the guys wouldn't tear it up jack knifing the truck. I don't have to on the bandit as long as it's pointing center of the chip box.
Our morbark shoots slap all kinda crazy when they face forward spin um around its not even half as bad so I assume the physics would be the same on every other chipper, so how couldn't a bandit shoot handle a less abusive trip down the road?
Maybe the bandit rep was as good as our altec rep. He told a whole lota nontruths about the boom and truck we bought mainly cause in reality he had no idea how anything actually worked...

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

12572979_10205905397342060_7812329440544784220_n.jpg
Got about 8 hours climbing this 90 foot red oak spread over two days. Much of the time got soaked up drinking hot latte' while waiting for the mini to warm up so I could be pulled up there. I left about 75 feet of trunk wood for next time.

Got about 8 hours climbing this 90 foot red oak spread over two days. Much of the time got soaked up drinking hot latte' while waiting for the mini to warm up so I could be pulled up there. I left about 75 feet of trunk wood for next time.
Maybe you are getting slow with age??

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Bought another trailer for hauling brush and firewood. Went to look at a new one, but the folks there (really nice people) pointed out this used one in good shape for $875 so I bought it. Was nice that they didn't try to hard sell me on anything. I was looking at a 5'x10' with high steel sides, and this 8'x12' with high steel sides was less than half the price. Next year, I want to get a tandem axle one, possibly dump box. I'll be going straight to these folks, first.

7x12-SteelSide-Trailer.JPG

It ain't much, single 3500# axle, but it should be good for what I want it for.

Bought another trailer for hauling brush and firewood. Went to look at a new one, but the folks there (really nice people) pointed out this used one in good shape for $875 so I bought it. Was nice that they didn't try to hard sell me on anything. I was looking at a 5'x10' with high steel sides, and this 8'x12' with high steel sides was less than half the price. Next year, I want to get a tandem axle one, possibly dump box. I'll be going straight to these folks, first.

View attachment 479109

It ain't much, single 3500# axle, but it should be good for what I want it for.
Nice score mate!

You probably feel different about it after 8 hours, but that looks like a wicked fun tree to climb!

What did ya do, let the mini warm up for 7 hours? :innocent:
Seriously, nice tree for climbing. No pic of the aftermath, but nice work Dan

Seems like supplies, tools and gear are going up again...and that's nuts cause gas is cheap. I had a little time today and researched a little. Most stuff is up 10 to 15% over 2014. Except of course...fuel.

Latest posts

Back