whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seems like supplies, tools and gear are going up again...and that's nuts cause gas is cheap. I had a little time today and researched a little. Most stuff is up 10 to 15% over 2014. Except of course...fuel.

Yea. And commodities are at an all time low. Steel has never been so cheap since I've kept track.

What did ya do, let the mini warm up for 7 hours? :innocent:
Seriously, nice tree for climbing. No pic of the aftermath, but nice work Dan

The mini seems to have a throttle lock-out until its warm enough. Damage to hydraulics due to cold are caused by high pressure pushing on cold hard piston seals.

This is the tree I have been bragging about and finally got to taking it down. Its my 4500 dollar tree ! Its got THE CANKER!

It died last spring and now the tops were dry. Actually the whole tree was pretty dry. I used two ropes to get out to the tips of a couple branches. Actually 3, but I used one really high top rope way up about wrist thick then another below on about 6 inch, then used a third to pull myself out to a couple of the long horizontals. Using the two top ropes slowed me down but I'd rather jerk off like that than to see my TIP crack.

For the most part I snuck what I could then put the rest on the big block and 3/4" bullrope. It was a fun tree. It would not have been if I hadn't been pulled up there with the mini, I think it was three times so far.

Just me and another guy. We left a 75 foot pole and load of logs neatly piled. We only had about 5 yards of chips with my 90xp but my boy went crazy with the backpack blower so I must have shoveled the same in twigs,dust, dirt and lawn moss.

Whewww looks cold !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Funny u say that cause its supposed to be a high of about 4 degrees tomorrow for me! Last week the boss called work due to it being tooo cold( single digits in the morning) so I went and framed a second floor addition, haha bunch of pusses! Now pulling a snow covered roof off is slightly sketchy...

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back