whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got up this morning and it was raining, watched the weather report and got more confused than I already was. Lurched down to the office and did that kind of stuff for awhile til the cold set in. I had taken all the firewood out, it was outside now and all wet. By noon I crawled back under the blankets. Every time I started to fall asleep the phone would ring. I read some Vonnegut from time to time while breathing under the blankets to keep warm.

I got out of bed around 2 to go pick up my kid, then came back and got stuff ready for tomorrow. I think I am going back to bed now and hope my wife comes back soon cause she left wearing those ****ing yoga pants about an hour ago and the kid will be at the gym til 9.

Tomorrow will be another dawn to dusker. Who knows?

**** this ****. I am crawling back to my bed and re- re- re- reading Player Piano in hopes of a clear dawn.

Today I had planned to do some driving for the landscape supply company then go around and do my lawns. Truth is I feel kinda gay towing a mower. Its not something I sell, some of my clients ask me so I do it. God forbid they find out what the real lawn wranglers charge. Besides, my mowers has knobby tires, I never sharpen the blades and will drive that SOB pretty much over any godamn thing in my path.

So I got my first mulch delivery, the guy at the house wanted me to hop the 8 inch curb with the 550 2 wheel drive auto trans. I was like, NO!" No problem in my old F350 with a stick and low lock. Do that everyday all day, just a drop in the bucket you know, even with a full load and the chipper.

They were having problems with the trans in this 550. I hadn't noticed anything. It had recently been replaced. I had picked up my next load and made it about a quarter mile down the road, all I had was first. I thought I heard something funny when I left my last delivery. It was done.

The people at the landscape supply company are very nice people. I hug the owner's mother, she gives great hugs, I love to hug that woman. Some of the other women there go around in fine Palayo. If you don't know what fine Palayo is, well I will tell you: Its Yoga pants.

And lunch is always served. And they asked me if I am allright. They are concerned with my well being. They even bought olives to keep at their home for when I come over and have a martini. These people are teaching me to be nice to other people, something that has never occurred to me before. That is something the many therapist to whom of which I have paid countless dollars have never been able to do.

Well they were worried about me driving around in the owner's brand new F350 with the big ass dump trailer going around to all these nice folks houses and not having a problem.

It seemed that brand new 350 needed a lot of coercion and manual downshifting to make it go. Out of 6 gears I think I only need 3.

I had to knife the trailer in a few times and, of course, do some cross country driving through the lawns but I wrote " NO DAMAGE" on each ticket and coming from me that means a lot. At one point I had a trailer wheel jammed up against the frame, it wouldn't come down til I hit the right pothole. It was nothing I did, just a steep driveway where the trailer was level but the truck was not.

I ended up bringing their precious shiny new truck back without a scratch, dent or ding around 4 pm and then convoyed the broken truck up to the shop. I still was driving the new truck and had all the flashers and lights on and was leaning out the window going " woo, woo, woo".

I was going to head out and do these lawns but I called my wife, she said she was cold and hungry so I took her and the kid out to eat at some Thai place then came home and helped my daughter through a workout that would waste most boys her age.

Tomorrow I am sleeping in. Then I am suppose to clean this ****ing house.

That is good news! For you! Mi e went up $400!! Damn new schools.

Rigged out a walnut this morning in a ROW clearing. Tight quarters. Overhead utilities, fenced in back yard, shed, and swing set. All in the ROW but can't hurt any of it because the property owners were not given ample notice. Went quick. Then one of the guys ripped the electric service off the house removing some overgrown bushes.:mad: Then a competing company pulled up to work for the property owner. I let one of them try my Bashlins and I used his geckos. Not bad but I'll stick with the Bashlins. Then I did a big red oak. Huge spread on it. A real shame to have to remove it but I enjoyed the rigging challenge. Did a lot of double block rigging and even got to break out the new rope jack. The thing works awesome.

Latest posts

Back