whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spent the day making dead pine trees fall over.

DeadPine6-1.jpg

Eight, in all. These were all along a fencerow, didn't have to climb any of them. Good thing, too... a couple were already on the ground without my help. This one actually was solid, some were really rotted out.
Next in line is four big Siberian Elm trees... of course, they're close to the house, so I can't just play lumberjack with them. Gnarly, old DED elms. Bah.

SiberianElms-1.jpg SiberianElms-2.jpg SiberianElms-3.jpg SiberianElms-4.jpg

Spent the day making dead pine trees fall over.

View attachment 501572

Eight, in all. These were all along a fencerow, didn't have to climb any of them. Good thing, too... a couple were already on the ground without my help. This one actually was solid, some were really rotted out.
Next in line is four big Siberian Elm trees... of course, they're close to the house, so I can't just play lumberjack with them. Gnarly, old DED elms. Bah.

View attachment 501573 View attachment 501574 View attachment 501575 View attachment 501576
DED as in Dutch elm disease or DED as in dead? Pretty sure sibereans don't catch the disease

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

This Omega Block is putting a strain on my little brain. I can't be sure but I think I am working on my third drunk of the day. The first one started around 8:30 this morning and I have been wigging in and out of consciousness ever since.

Good thing I sent out my quarterlies and a few grand in invoices cause I have a feeling I won't be peeping my eyeballs out from the blankets for awhile.

I ain't even got no dry wood to burn! I haven't left the house in three days cept to pick up my kid from school. When she got in the truck I we started talking about Miss Kelly's HUGE ass and the wedgie thereupon. My kid was like, " I know, its been like that all day!"

We are talking total cheek separation here. Miss Kelly is a big woman, not fat, just big. And I would have to say she knew what she was doing. My daughter and I were laughing so hard for so long we didn't realize the car line had moved, we were just sitting there, pointing, laughing until someone told us to move.

This Omega Block is putting a strain on my little brain. I can't be sure but I think I am working on my third drunk of the day. The first one started around 8:30 this morning and I have been wigging in and out of consciousness ever since.

I ain't even got no dry wood to burn! I haven't left the house in three days cept to pick up my kid from school. When she got in the truck I we started talking about Miss Kelly's HUGE ass and the wedgie thereupon. My kid was like, " I know, its been like that all day!"

We are talking total cheek separation here. Miss Kelly is a big woman, not fat, just big. And I would have to say she knew what she was doing. My daughter and I were laughing so hard for so long we didn't realize the car line had moved, we were just sitting there, pointing, laughing until someone told us to move.
Pics ???

When my 12 year old phone is no longer fixable I guess I will have to get one of those new- fangled jawns and maybe then I will start taking pictures. But take my word for it ( and my daughter's) those hams were at least 10 pounds... APIECE!

just threw a pawk chop at my woffe drunk enough to dribe the snow ppow alitle more wil put me bak sleep.

Siberian elms and hybrids are more resistant to DED... they are by no means immune. Around here, it just takes them longer to die from it.
I couldn't remember if they were immune or resistant. we trim siberian and English in the summer not American. I'm not sure I've ever removed a dead siberian now that I think about it lot of deadwood yea, but not a completely dead tree or even a whole chunk of a tree.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Yeah, they take forever before they get a lot of dead in them... by then, they're usually dropping branches and limbs during the storms.

Worked like a bloodhound today.
I think if I ever got to use a bucket or crane like some of youse guys, I'd get kinda spoiled and fat and lazy. Just jealous, is all.

View attachment 501854 View attachment 501855 View attachment 501856

Yer gonna go up in that bucket, smack it against the trunk a few times, get it wedged in a crotch, finally get to somewhere you can actually make a proper cut, set a notch, tie it off, look down and see them shiny fenders right under you and say, " I appreciate the ride up here and all but could someone get this ****ing truck out of the ****ing way?"

Latest posts

Back