whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went to TCIA yesterday, disappointed Sherril and Treestuff weren't selling their wares. Floor items for display only. Lots of new stuff out there for our industry but they still don't have the anti-gravity boots and laser handsaw.

Sherrill had a new wraptor-like device mounted to a big cordless DeWalt drill in one corner of their booth...enjoyed talking to the inventor and his machine shop buddy. Thought they would be doing a demo, but when I came back a half hour later, they were gonzo.
I dunno, even without spending coin at either booth, I still came home broke, and with tons of goodies.

Sherrill had a new wraptor-like device mounted to a big cordless DeWalt drill in one corner of their booth...enjoyed talking to the inventor and his machine shop buddy. Thought they would be doing a demo, but when I came back a half hour later, they were gonzo.
I dunno, even without spending coin at either booth, I still came home broke, and with tons of goodies.

dang, don't you like my grinder?
Jeff :cool:

I dunno Jeff...my ancient Super Junior hasn't been my most beloved possession
I think if I were mental enough to want to buy another grinder it would be a hydraulic drive Bandit.

I dunno Jeff...my ancient Super Junior hasn't been my most beloved possession
I think if I were mental enough to want to buy another grinder it would be a hydraulic drive Bandit.

Oh man, do I share your view. I bought my 1625 Super Junior in 1995, but I won't say that I haven't gotten pretty damn good use out of it; I think we are still on the 2nd engine. It is still churning out stumps, but it doesn't compare to a tracked-bandit I rented recently to complete a big job in just one day. The tracks are SO much better in deep piles of chips than wheels, and I am pretty sure that I prefer the hydraulic drive. Not as gutsy as a direct drive of some sort, but it handles shock loads better.

I will never buy another stump grinder that doesn't come with tracks.

...Was holding up pretty good till this annoying elbow deal on the right. I think it's just tendonitis, or whatever. I'm hoping the winter slow down helps it. I did just get a brace, which seems to help some. :cry:

I used to have chronic tendonitis in my elbows, mostly the right one. I tried braces, wrist bands, daily aspirin, and just about every other kind of anti-inflammatory medicine. Then I came up with a permanent fix. I no longer have any elbow issues.

I discovered that drinking green tea solved all of my elbow inflammation problems. Please keep in mind that I hate green tea; I consider that I am drinking water filtered with a bale of hay. Nonetheless, I drank green tea every day for a month, and my elbow tendonitis quit bothering me. That was at least 10 years ago. Furthermore, if I quit drinking it for more than a month, the tendonitis will come back! Repeatedly, time after time, year after year: If I resume drinking the green tea, the twinges of the returning tendonitis go away. So...back to drinking my hay-water.

Fortunately, I have discovered that I can get by nicely on many different variations of green tea that don't quite taste so vile, and I have gotten to the point where I don't really hate the stuff quite so much. Given my huge success, I recommend it to anyone with a chronic inflammatory joint problem. Others might not have so much luck.

I used to have chronic tendonitis in my elbows, mostly the right one. I tried braces, wrist bands, daily aspirin, and just about every other kind of anti-inflammatory medicine. Then I came up with a permanent fix. I no longer have any elbow issues.

I discovered that drinking green tea solved all of my elbow inflammation problems. Please keep in mind that I hate green tea; I consider that I am drinking water filtered with a bale of hay. Nonetheless, I drank green tea every day for a month, and my elbow tendonitis quit bothering me. That was at least 10 years ago. Furthermore, if I quit drinking it for more than a month, the tendonitis will come back! Repeatedly, time after time, year after year: If I resume drinking the green tea, the twinges of the returning tendonitis go away. So...back to drinking my hay-water.

Fortunately, I have discovered that I can get by nicely on many different variations of green tea that don't quite taste so vile, and I have gotten to the point where I don't really hate the stuff quite so much. Given my huge success, I recommend it to anyone with a chronic inflammatory joint problem. Others might not have so much luck.
Interesting, how much do u drink a day? 1 cup or more? I've got a knee and an elbow acting up..

That's a good question. You think the West coast is a good market. TCIA has their circuit of cities they do every five years without fail, you would think they might switch it up.

Also, if your boss was really cool, he would have gotten you tracks.

We have tracked grinders also,, they tear up lawns.
Jeff

Interesting, how much do u drink a day? 1 cup or more? I've got a knee and an elbow acting up..

1 tea bag in a 16 oz thermos. If it is straight green tea :baba:, I will sometimes add another bag of mint tea. That is actually pretty good, although it is a quite strong tasting brew.

Bigelow green/mint tea is pretty decent, too. That was the first type of green tea that I could drink without regretting it each day. In the winter time, I have been known to make 32oz of tea with 3 bags in my big thermos.

By the way: the green tea doesn't seem to make much difference for my arthritic knees & ankle. Just the tendonitis in my elbows, but it does a fine job of making that disappear. I have a belief that the green tea is good for me in a lot of other ways besides the tendonitis, but I cannot document it reliably.

Latest posts

Back