whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I talked to my doctor about this green tea thing. He says you're nuttier than squirrel poop. The reason your tendonitis in your elbow goes away, but not in your knee, is because you can't wank when you have that thermos of tea in your hand.

Nope, that can't be it. I pour my tea into a cup first, so as to provide better cooling. It is too damn hot to do any wanking & drinking at the same time, anyway. Besides, why ruin a nice private moment by drinking hay-water? Keep in mind that I don't like the stuff; I take it as medicine.

I would advise that you never waste your time to ask a doctor about the usefulness of any homeopathic treatment. Be sure to talk to them about poisonous products or interference with their treatments, but they won't ever be positive about anything they cannot prescribe. They are trained in school to sell pharmaceuticals that only they can prescribe. It is just an economic attitude: they want you sucking on the medical teat until you have no more money. While there may be a few of the MD's out there that actually believe in homeopathic treatments, the entire industry views all such thoughts as foolishness.

Here is an article that reviews a bunch of scientific studies on the benefits of green tea: MedicalNews.com
"Green tea is approximately 20% to 45% polyphenols by weight, of which 60% to 80% are catechins such as EGCG.1 These catechins are antioxidants that are said to possibly help with fighting and preventing cell damage."

"Green tea is considered one of the world's healthiest drinks and contains one of the highest amount of antioxidants of any tea. Researchers commonly speak highly of green tea - Christopher Ochner, PhD, a research scientist in nutrition at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai Hospital, is quoted by health website WebMD as saying, "it's the healthiest thing I can think of to drink."

Hey! It works for me. I'm not talking about reducing the discomfort of tennis elbow, I absolutely have no elbow discomfort. Ever! At all, no matter how much work I do. Unless I quit drinking the tea for more than a month.

Others might not have the same good luck that I have had. Until I took the green tea cure, I simply couldn't control the chronic tendonitis in my elbow, and that includes prescription anti-inflammatory treatments. For many years, too. If you don't want to consider that as useful advice, it bothers me not one little bit. If your doctor chooses to ignore a fair amount of scientific research on this topic, then we know who is "nuttier than squirrel poop".

Hey! It works for me.

Actually... I drink it myself. I poison it with a little sugar or fake sugar, but I actually like it. Drink it hot, at home sometimes, but mostly I make iced tea out of it. Good stuff. Never cured any of my ills, but it keeps me hydrated without making things worse.

The second plywood job this week. Had to buy another 18 sheets for this one. Almost every sheet I have,, there might be another 10 mangy sheets at the shop, but this was just perfect, down to the last sheet. Working on something like nine removals out there, so worth the effort.
image.jpeg

1 tea bag in a 16 oz thermos. If it is straight green tea :baba:, I will sometimes add another bag of mint tea. That is actually pretty good, although it is a quite strong tasting brew.

Bigelow green/mint tea is pretty decent, too. That was the first type of green tea that I could drink without regretting it each day. In the winter time, I have been known to make 32oz of tea with 3 bags in my big thermos.

How about just a Snapple or Arizona each day? I think I could handle that.

Actually... I drink it myself. I poison it with a little sugar or fake sugar, but I actually like it. Drink it hot, at home sometimes, but mostly I make iced tea out of it. Good stuff. Never cured any of my ills, but it keeps me hydrated without making things worse.

It might be taking care of some ills that you don't know about yet.

I poisoned a dog today. Green Tea didn't help.

Actually I think I am being set up by the daughter of the owner of the horse farm and I have to say I BELIEVE IT!

I had chopped up a couple bricks of rat poison and put it in a box on a shelf in the feed room. The feed room has a door... but the rats don't use it. Apparently the box was knocked to the floor, somehow cleaned up but no one knows who.

They vet wanted to know what kind it was so I had to drive out there to get a pack of the stuff. I went to the feed room to investigate and found one empty wrapper and little poison dust where the box had fallen which seemed pretty far away from the shelf it was on. Nothing else on the shelf was disturbed.

I kinda get the idea the daughter threw another fit and knocked it off on purpose.

I don't think the dog is dead but there is still hope. Its a stupid nasty SOB kinda like its owner. It bit me once. Its a little crazy and also dangerous as it can drag the cinder block its tied to like a rag doll.

Work at one of the many commercial pot farms that operate openly and legally in this county, removing a dead pine over fibreglass water tanks, high voltage, and a new wood fence. I jumpcut a 25 ft top over the fence and a stone planter, then had my new crew set up a zip line using 5/8 bull line and i sent down two big chunks branches and all. It was a funday. The stoners took video, but so far none of them have remembered to send them to me.

The dog is OK and it wasn't the nasty one, it was the sweet old black lab.

They need to put more signs up about how things should be done at the farm. I told the girl I was putting the poison in the feed stall where the old poison was, she blew me off.

THEN! I was messing with the electrical panel and some lady walks right behind me and bumps me into the box with her saddle.

THEN! Some drunk lady flipped her SUV through the covered bridge, got it wedged upside down and sideways in the middle breaking a couple of the huge arced support timbers. That will be closed for years I'll bet. Got to come in on the dirt road now and its bumpy as a MOFO. I never would take a trailer down it if there was a paved road on the other side of the creek that went to the same place. Well, good thing for that dirt road because the other ways meander through hilly countryside in the wrong direction.

They stated they won't tell us who it was because of the fear of retribution, they did say it was a lady and they probably shouldn't have even said that.

The dog is OK and it wasn't the nasty one, it was the sweet old black lab.

They need to put more signs up about how things should be done at the farm. I told the girl I was putting the poison in the feed stall where the old poison was, she blew me off.

THEN! I was messing with the electrical panel and some lady walks right behind me and bumps me into the box with her saddle.

THEN! Some drunk lady flipped her SUV through the covered bridge, got it wedged upside down and sideways in the middle breaking a couple of the huge arced support timbers. That will be closed for years I'll bet. Got to come in on the dirt road now and its bumpy as a MOFO. I never would take a trailer down it if there was a paved road on the other side of the creek that went to the same place. Well, good thing for that dirt road because the other ways meander through hilly countryside in the wrong direction.

They stated they won't tell us who it was because of the fear of retribution, they did say it was a lady and they probably shouldn't have even said that.

More, please,,,, :popcorn2:
Jeff

Have any of you guys ever replaced the tips on a set of geckos? Seems about as straight forward as it could get, I was just wondering if the manufacturer recommends and sort of locktite or if there is anything else to look out for.

I used mine in conjunction with the wraptor on this 90', 14", frozen cherry the other day, and decided the tips are finally done. Seems like you can only (properly) sharpen so far, and they just get wider and more clubby.

Have any of you guys ever replaced the tips on a set of geckos? Seems about as straight forward as it could get, I was just wondering if the manufacturer recommends and sort of locktite or if there is anything else to look out for.

I used mine in conjunction with the wraptor on this 90', 14", frozen cherry the other day, and decided the tips are finally done. Seems like you can only (properly) sharpen so far, and they just get wider and more clubby.

Any loctite is fine. Don't buy the euro gaffs, they suck and are harder to sharpen.

Latest posts

Back