whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PFF! My babysitter had a mountain lion, I used to walk it down the street on a leash and rub its tummy.

But OH MAN! This 30 year old drunk girl sure did a number on this covered bridge. She got about ten feet into, ran into the side which propelled her twisting into the rafters all 200 feet then got wedged in sideways.

Its going to be down for a very long time and really be a pain. Its my front door!

I took a quick look a few weeks ago, this evening we went down to see again and boy o boy its ****ed. One million is what the last covered bridge cost when a semi tore it up.

My friend knows the girl, he won't tell me her name and I don't think its been divulged through the media or police.

I think that's a little wrong, I think since they print everything else then they should also print her name. I mean, every other criminal is listed somewhere. They sure told everybody about the trucker who wrecked the last bridge! They put him in jail as fast as they could and told the world about it.

" I live my life a quarter of a tree at a time"
The Dan (circa - just now)

After the rain I chose to forgo anything the job across the hilly lawn and opted for something more leaning over a parking lot. I have to get the logs out, hopefully by Sunday's rain.

Another swell production landing this bent and dead white oak. I used a zip/drift line set in adjacent tree about 45 feet up, even got a few logs out. I dumped the logs that were over the fence onto an old piece of 12 strand I shot into a crotch of a poplar about 75 feet up. This tree was in the middle of a bunch of 60 foot spruce trees and a fence.

I just had my boy trunk wrap the ivy covered poplar and the 12 strand was hung up above the crotch by a sucker. I rigged the first one, knew I would be fine and sent it out.

Well we all know how that went. The trunk wrap slipped after the sucker broke and the rope fell into the crotch. I was watching that out the corner of my eye and checking to see if my boy down there would stop running into the trunk trying to hold the load. He did and everything was great. I swung 40 more big ass hunks out on that then dropped the trunk in between the fence. I have to at least get a pic of this great lay. It took about 2 minutes working the hinge to get the trunk at about 60 degrees before the notch closed and the hinge had to break. I pulled a lot of fibers on this one. No damage to any of the root systems of all the other trees. Wait til you see this.

Tomorrow I am playing delivery driver, X-Mas tree handler ( GREAT TIPS!), lunch eater, fire maintainer, and by 5, beer drinker.

Plow bound and down
Loaded up and trucking
I'm gonna do what say can't be done

Picked up a private road and 5 driveways on it. Perfect addition to my dwindling snow plow route, actually I now need to get a full time snow dog to ride shotty EVERYTIME. Its going to be a good account, I am ready.

So both my old 200's were out of commission this week, and my (new this spring) 201tcm were all down this week, forcing me to actually run the brand new t540 that's been sitting on my bench (mostly) unused for something like five years now. And now I realize the full extent of why I could never even use that thing long enough to even really break it in. Omg,, just, omg..:dizzy:

So Friday I picked up my fixed tcm (fuel solenoid, I think it was?) and bought another brand new tcm as a backup. While I'm not in love with these saws, I will never,, never be forced to run that evil, gay little husky again!!!! (I think I actually thought about using it to scratch my back for a second up there, that's how harmless it felt in the tree).

Anyway, I guess I might give up on the old 200's entirely soon... not quite yet though, I just can't bring myself to do it.

So both my old 200's were out of commission this week, and my (new this spring) 201tcm were all down this week, forcing me to actually run the brand new t540 that's been sitting on my bench (mostly) unused for something like five years now. And now I realize the full extent of why I could never even use that thing long enough to even really break it in. Omg,, just, omg..:dizzy:

So Friday I picked up my fixed tcm (fuel solenoid, I think it was?) and bought another brand new tcm as a backup. While I'm not in love with these saws, I will never,, never be forced to run that evil, gay little husky again!!!! (I think I actually thought about using it to scratch my back for a second up there, that's how harmless it felt in the tree).

Anyway, I guess I might give up on the old 200's entirely soon... not quite yet though, I just can't bring myself to do it.

Why can't you just rebuild them?

Nice setup here. This stone dead gangly oak (hanging over septic) and the maple on the way out (plus another tree). Moved all the wood next door to a farmer that wanted it.
View attachment 542179
View attachment 542182

Does the MDS have any tips on buying and storing plywood? I'm assuming you use 3/4". The last time I bought 5/8 i destroyed 4 sheets on one job.

Shot a line over the hay barn, it was an easy shot. Anchored one end to my Yota, climbed up the other and TARRED.

Didn't get to much on me or my equipment. Have to go back up tomorrow cause it dripped through and I need to screen a few cracks.

What fun. This is a temp fix til I can stockpile shingles, hopefully it gets through the winter.

Reminds me of a job I had in college as a millwright... more like millnigger. Pay wasn't to bad though, we we always tarring but flat roofs. Newby young kunts like me had to work Sundays degreasing very greasy steamboilers with paint brushes and kerosene.

Worked the old Pittsburgh mills I did. Winter time wasn't so bad up there in the wind, sometimes you were cozy next to vents.

I am going to mix some of this with some road millings and see what I can do for potholes.

Picking up a wood stove for the tennis court, its a barrel stove, I am getting it at the same place I get all my rope/gear barrels. 100 bucks! He makes the kits. Right up the road! I am going to mount it on a pallet and used it when I split wood! I can even get a double decker. I am going to get a pretty tall pipe for it so I don't smoke out the area. IT WILL BE GREAT!
I can also put pipe through the shop window and move it in there. I can take it to one of the many tree stands around when I go hunting.

I don't know where else you can get a complete barrel stove for 100 bucks but I am really happy I could get one on my way in this morning. Slapped it down, put in a grate, filled it with wood, pumped in some DF and it was blowing almighty out the 4 foot stack I put on. I got the pipe right at the hardware store on my way in this morning.

I went down to the scrap pile and got a nursery wagon and an oil pan from a Cummings. The stove fits right on the wagon, the oil pan sits on top making a place to warm the gloves and rest your coffee cup. The thing is badass.

Pics or it ain't happening :crazy2:

I took a pic but forgot how to do all the rigamaroll to post the damn thing. Just picture a barrel stove sitting on a nursery wagon with an oil pan resting on the top in your head. Can you see it? YUP! That's it!

Latest posts

Back