whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Watched the final part of that movie I DVR'ed this morning before work. That is a wild one! Little bit of innocent weed caused all that havoc? :laugh:

This is the only way out, (for most). Dang San Marcos Creek, and they cannot interupt the flow. Must be a precious lil turtle or something in there. California enviromentalist's got a good hold here.
Jeff :D
My street.

We got 2 tall ones (ash, oak) super rotten in the base and leaning over a big parking area and primaries. HO passed away on Thu in Fla. Mass people (I mean mass) coming in and many staying at his/wife's house tonight.

We have between 10 and 3 to get both safe after they leave for service and get together at country club and they come back. Found both of these trees and another already fallen into a nice spruce while plowing their drive for this get together.

No exaggeration on the danger of the 2 trees with all these people parked and walking under them. 75 foot Teco is the only answer for them. Glad I got it. Too tight to get crane in. Ash got lateral cracks on top of 15 feet of rot on entire half of tree.

Lot's of storm work. Should be a nice weekend. Storm's leaving for the mid-west to-nite. Enjoy it! :laugh::laugh:
Jeff
Yep gonna have to plow my Uncles so we can have a Christmas gathering!

Wind damage or uprooting?, when working for Dean S, we had an unusual spell of rain in 03.LOTS of uprootings in Escondido and San Marcos, but never any Palms?

Drove back from London, ON in an ice storm-first half hour 40 vehicles in the ditch with westbound 401 closed at Ingersoll. Played hockey at noon, and picked up parents at Pearson inbound from Singapore in time for Xmas.

Cleaned and reorganized the shop, amazing how much garbage we produce, we need bio-degradable bar oil cans! 2 cycl cans as well. I genuinely feel guilty about all that plastic going to the dump.
Today, gonna sharpen da chains and work on da saws, now that I have a clean shop, I need to mess it up!!

Cleaned and reorganized the shop, amazing how much garbage we produce, we need bio-degradable bar oil cans! 2 cycl cans as well. I genuinely feel guilty about all that plastic going to the dump.
Today, gonna sharpen da chains and work on da saws, now that I have a clean shop, I need to mess it up!!

You should consider getting a 55 gallon drum of bar oil. Use those old cans to pump into. I haven't done it yet, but have looked into it. It's like $5 a gallon here! Probably next year..

You should consider getting a 55 gallon drum of bar oil. Use those old cans to pump into. I haven't done it yet, but have looked into it. It's like $5 a gallon here! Probably next year..

I think I pay closer to $12 a gallon. Where are you getting yours? On husky's site they list a 55 gallon drum for $600 and a gallon at $11 and change. Doesn't really save you that much. Probably gonna get banged pretty hard on shipping too.

I think I pay closer to $12 a gallon. Where are you getting yours? On husky's site they list a 55 gallon drum for $600 and a gallon at $11 and change. Doesn't really save you that much. Probably gonna get banged pretty hard on shipping too.

I think the local hardward store is nailing me like $17 a gallon, if you can believe that! I just go there out of convenience really. Every time I get hosed, I say to myself, I'm getting the drum! My mechanic buddy turned me on to this local parts store chain that has that deal I mentioned, Levines auto. Got some major scrap/cleaning to do inside the shop, then I should finally have the space.

I think the local hardward store is nailing me like $17 a gallon, if you can believe that! I just go there out of convenience really. Every time I get hosed, I say to myself, I'm getting the drum! My mechanic buddy turned me on to this local parts store chain that has that deal I mentioned, Levines auto. Got some major scrap/cleaning to do inside the shop, then I should finally have the space.

Word. That's a good deal if it's decent stuff. Not that I know the difference between good and bad bar oil. You should post a link to the deal in the chainsaw forum and watch them go nuts for 20 pages about which bar oil is better. lol I normally just grab a case whenever I'm at the saw shop. Well, not every time, seems recently I've been there more than I'd like.

Latest posts

Back