whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw some very different folks out there too. I went to work though not mingle with natives :) How ever once you get a bit further north things seemed a bit more normal. It is a very different world though from Arkansas. I had fun though but, there were not many people like me there and a few noticed lol. I had bear spray 2 knives on my hip and a machete as well, so I suppose at least 4 of them knew how it would go down should they press the issue. Thankfully no nightly news was made "just sayin":surprised3:

Wait! What!? Bear spray!? Machete!? In public? And I'm nuts!!!???

I am trying to be positive and to look at it as a good thing.
We were bought by Brightview. They are the largest landscape and tree service in the world.
I am kinda sad, although, we will continue to work as normal for the next couple years as we transfer,
All employees are retained, I am grandfathered in, so it is like 17 years at Brightview.
I know I can be excited about this, but it will take a little time.
Jeff

I guess I will tell you all now, it will be in the industry news soon.
I have been with Urban Tree Care for almost 17 year's, It was the best job with the best people.
As of September 1st, I no longer work for Urban.
Jeff :(

Its about time you laid down the steel.
Now to sit and dwell upon the throne of the usurped and count the riches you have fought for.

I am trying to be positive and to look at it as a good thing.
We were bought by Brightview. They are the largest landscape and tree service in the world.
I am kinda sad, although, we will continue to work as normal for the next couple years as we transfer,
All employees are retained, I am grandfathered in, so it is like 17 years at Brightview.
I know I can be excited about this, but it will take a little time.
Jeff

Transfer!?

You mean they are making you get a sex change!!!???

Get out now. Brightview/Brickman is horseshit cutting corners crap work. Low budgets and underbid jobs.

Worked as a sub for them doing PHC years back. Laughably low budgets and "managers" with no plant science background.

Yesterday I made a pedestal to hold my sons anvil.
I glued up, laminated and screwed together 2" x 6" and 2" x 8" to make a 2ft high "laminated log"
The Lil-man wants to try his hand at forge and foundry projects so I'm trying to accommodate.
So far it's cheaper than buying an x-box. Next I'll need to get some refractory(stove) brick and make a mini blast furnace.

20170903_070119_resized.jpg

Yesterday I made a pedestal to hold my sons anvil.
I glued up, laminated and screwed together 2" x 6" and 2" x 8" to make a 2ft high "laminated log"
The Lil-man wants to try his hand at forge and foundry projects so I'm trying to accommodate.
So far it's cheaper than buying an x-box. Next I'll need to get some refractory(stove) brick and make a mini blast furnace.

View attachment 599596
Been watching to many Alec Steel videos on the you tube ehh

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Back