whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Side note:
1992 F700 65 foot hi-ranger. 70 fwh
45,000 miles
6,000 pto hours
210 Cummins
Alison automatic
Pistol grip
Single man basket
No pony motor
Ready to go. Fully serviced. No leaks. Nothing wrong with the truck.
$25,000
Nice truck but probably a good deal at $20k. Just sayin.

Nice truck but probably a good deal at $20k. Just sayin.
$20k is a VERY fair price. Anything less is a steal.
I’ve subbed out companies that use the lift and say it’s way better than bringing a crane in. And I’ve subbed out companies that bring the crane in for every job and don’t consider buying a lift. The crane is sweet and makes quick work but it’s a big piece of equipment that you need a driver for and still not the end all be all.

I bought it off of Bud Wright last August. Only reason I bought it because you could tell right away that it was well maintained.
I saw that truck and thought about calling you about it then sorta had second thoughts. I have owned several of those old non-over center hi-rangers but they were a little different from that one..at least the best I remember. Seems like 5FI PBI 52 or some such. I guess the WH was 57 feet. Around here, nobody wants to work on them anymore. Are the 65 ft. ones much different from the ones I had in a shorter unit?

I saw that truck and thought about calling you about it then sorta had second thoughts. I have owned several of those old non-over center hi-rangers but they were a little different from that one..at least the best I remember. Seems like 5FI PBI 52 or some such. I guess the WH was 57 feet. Around here, nobody wants to work on them anymore. Are the 65 ft. ones much different from the ones I had in a shorter unit?
Also, as far as price it's hard to compare because I haven't seen one of those for sale around here in over 15 years.

I think they are all pretty much the same. There’s a 55, 65, and 75. I have three mechanics that say they can work on it no problem. North American truck in Danbury did some minor repairs and routine maintenance on it last year. I guess the owner there is the go to guy with the Hi-Ranger.

Also, as far as price it's hard to compare because I haven't seen one of those for sale around here in over 15 years.
You kind of have to see the truck to realize it’s in very good condition and has been maintained. It’s obvious. It’s not just an old truck on its 4th owner

$20k is a VERY fair price. Anything less is a steal.
I’ve subbed out companies that use the lift and say it’s way better than bringing a crane in. And I’ve subbed out companies that bring the crane in for every job and don’t consider buying a lift. The crane is sweet and makes quick work but it’s a big piece of equipment that you need a driver for and still not the end all be all.
You don't need a huge crane just a 25 to to 32 tonner will handle most trees and be used all the time. 105' to 110' of reach is plenty. That way the cost is not a big deal and if it sits for a while who cares. A big bucket , say 75' wh, and crane both rear mounts on a tree at the same time is best set up. If you lower one branch it is too many for me... like the MESS does all day you certainly aren't a playa in your hood. Cranes on a job will embarrass a set up like that. Just bring in the sub guys at 2 hun an hour on the giants and over the roofers.

I had a hi ranger with the giant end exposed cable and hoses on the elbow for years...became a death trap...took off on its own sometimes on real cold days. The pistol trigger shut off never works on them and guys bungee them down.

You don't need a huge crane just a 25 to to 32 tonner will handle most trees and be used all the time. 105' to 110' of reach is plenty. That way the cost is not a big deal and if it sits for a while who cares. A big bucket , say 75' wh, and crane both rear mounts on a tree at the same time is best set up. If you lower one branch it is too many for me... like the MESS does all day you certainly aren't a playa in your hood. Cranes on a job will embarrass a set up like that. Just bring in the sub guys at 2 hun an hour on the giants and over the roofers.

I really wanna know what world you live in where every tree can be accessed with a crane? I mean really. It’s so bs. “A crane and a 75 footer is the ideal setup”. Maybe if all you work on is sitting ducks like that easy peasy ash you keep posting up lol.

We
I had a hi ranger with the giant end exposed cable and hoses on the elbow for years...became a death trap...took off on its own sometimes on real cold days. The pistol trigger shut off never works on them and guys bungee them down.
Probably because you had a POS truck

Yep. We took a many a tree down with those old units but yeah, sometimes they would decide to do some strange thing like take off on their own or lose functions for a minute or two. The pistol grip has little plastic puffer lines going to it that are a major pain in the ass. There is a big difference in those and the XT Hi-Rangers we have now.

We live in man’s country out here. Trees everywhere. 100 feet is an every day cut and tosser… and they ain’t all lined up along the driveways. :laugh:
View attachment 916581

A river !?!? Holey fkn WOW. And WHAT !?!? hunert footers??? I am very impressed. But begs the question why a big shot like you couldn't even afford a crane....or their own lot. MEBEE NO ONE IS FINANCING LOTS AND YOU MORTGAGED OUT YOU A$$?
We

Probably because you had a POS truck
LIKE THAT OLE BOMBER YOU SELLING LOL?

I was trying to remember the brand of lifts that got ordered all cut up and chunked in the scrap pile. Was it Teco? I can't remember. I do remember after they were all forced out of service some dumazz dealers still trying to advertise them for sale they had picked up somewhere. Of course by then the company had been gone for 15 years. I'm not talking about the old Asplundh lifts that were ordered removed from service this was a company that is long gone.

I really wanna know what world you live in where every tree can be accessed with a crane? I mean really. It’s so bs. “A crane and a 75 footer is the ideal setup”. Maybe if all you work on is sitting ducks like that easy peasy ash you keep posting up lol.
If you only got one spot ...wouldn't choose that rickety death trap potty lift you got (how many times that rag tipped over creeping around like a snail?) or even a bucket for a grown up's tree removal. I'd put the crane in and climb off the ball (again not referring to climbing around in someone else's ball sack like you do). That is the fastest best way to remove biggies. I will email you a bill for teaching your loser a$$ son. And don't even THINK I am financing all these lessons either. You are teetering on the edge, I can feel it.

Back