whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was trying to remember the brand of lifts that got ordered all cut up and chunked in the scrap pile. Was it Teco? I can't remember. I do remember after they were all forced out of service some dumazz dealers still trying to advertise them for sale they had picked up somewhere. Of course by then the company had been gone for 15 years. I'm not talking about the old Asplundh lifts that were ordered removed from service this was a company that is long gone.
Altec is handling Teco stuff now. Maybe Aerial Lift of Conn.?

A river !?!? Holey fkn WOW. And WHAT !?!? hunert footers??? I am very impressed. But begs the question why a big shot like you couldn't even afford a crane....or their own lot. MEBEE NO ONE IS FINANCING LOTS AND YOU MORTGAGED OUT YOU A$$?

LIKE THAT OLE BOMBER YOU SELLING LOL?
Actually not. This truck is pretty mint.

This was the 55 footer I had. Made a lot of money with that truck. Truck was a 90 and boom was a 76. Detroit diesel. Just shows how advanced Hi Ranger was and they were the pioneers. Moved quick, very responsive, pistol grip when others had multiple levers. I rebuilt the pistol grip on mine myself. This was KIMG1535.JPGThe day I sold it. Was a little choked up to see it go. Had it about 20 years.

No, it wasn't ALC...I don't remember. That's been a long time ago. Reach All units used to sell for give away prices at auctions. I don't know what the deal was with them.
I think some of them did not have pistol grips. There was a guy on AS who had a leaky pos Reach All who stayed tied in the tree while he was IN the bucket he was so scared of the truck.

It is pretty clean but a bit of a dinosaur right? This is that giant exposed main cable I was talking about. That seems a little suspect to me and did on mine bending back and forth over the years. View attachment 916613
Never really thought about that cable being exposed. I guess it doesn’t really matter if you’re not whacking it against trees. Pretty heavy duty anyways.
Dinosaur? Yes? Maybe? But does it matter ? If the truck is legit whats the problem? I’ve already paid for the truck multiple times since I bought it last year in August. The only issue I have with this truck is that it doesn’t go over-center. That’s it. But it’s a simple Cummins motor, no pony motor and the old hi-rangers are built like tanks. The old timers call them the Cadillacs of bucket trucks and that’s coming from a guy who’s has made plenty of money on the biz. Plenty. He still flys one today. And you still see plenty of them out there. End of the day this truck is solid and gets you up there.

Never really thought about that cable being exposed. I guess it doesn’t really matter if you’re not whacking it against trees. Pretty heavy duty anyways.
Dinosaur? Yes? Maybe? But does it matter ? If the truck is legit whats the problem? I’ve already paid for the truck multiple times since I bought it last year in August. The only issue I have with this truck is that it doesn’t go over-center. That’s it. But it’s a simple Cummins motor, no pony motor and the old hi-rangers are built like tanks. The old timers call them the Cadillacs of bucket trucks and that’s coming from a guy who’s has made plenty of money on the biz. Plenty. He still flys one today. And you still see plenty of them out there. End of the day this truck is solid and gets you up there.
The lower boom is also a 1,000 lb material handler so that says something also. Might even be a little more

The lower boom is also a 1,000 lb material handler so that says something also. Might even be a little more
Huh, never heard of that one before. I see that welded loop under the bottom boom. Is that original equipment? Don't think the turntable is up to being used as a crane unless manufactured that way. It is a nice truck. I'd buy it in a heartbeat if I needed one. Much respect for Hi Rangers. I have owned 2 in the past, one other before the picture above...same model.

You know one way when buying a bucket truck to tell if the seller took care of his truck and knew what he was doing?

Look at the screen on the cab protector. I had that truck for about 20 years and I bought it as a remount from town of Zenia Ohio (thru Dueco) and it was very seldomly used and there is not ONE dent in the cab protector screen and nothing has been patched or repaired. My 75' Teco on the other had was bombed into quite a bit. But none since I bought. I always tell my help when we buy a truck or piece of equipment it is like a cow being put out to pasture. It is used carefully and respectfully and perpetually maintained according to the manual of which I have a manual to everything I own.

What do you guys think of this bucket? I can’t ID which model of altec boom this is. I can get it for a pretty fair price.View attachment 916910

Looks exactly like my old LRIII 55/60’. I have heard that they made a slightly shorter model of that boom too, but not sure on that.
Those covers are cheap as dirt. Nice boom.

Finished at little after noon today, all equipment back where it belongs. One more load on dump trailer of logs and stump grindings on f550 after this video. Didn't load on log truck anymore as want to schit can 11k stem to dump that we craned onto it. I will burn all this ash mixed with oak in my basement wood add on furnace this winter. $10k check already deposited for day and half work, sub paid. Already got check for $3k for limb that crushed gazebo. Let's see some vid of you guy's jobs. Picts suck.

Back