whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We been REAL busy, no time for AS. Just got caught up... Some great picts and posts. Be back soon with some mini vids for y'all and Rope Man. Wanted to take a nice long motorcycle ride in the country today but not to be. :-(

Craned out a couple of large white oaks at a farm today. I was pretty disappointed about it but.....they aren't my trees. They were a little close to buildings but last year we had the biggest storm of our lifetimes around here and those trees were fine. He also had us cut up the trunks of others he already dropped. It's so damn stupid. He built huge metal cages around some tiny little arborvitae that he wants to save from the deer(?) but took down every tree that made his property beautiful. The crew foreman asked me "Did you tell this guy he's a dumb ass for cutting these trees down?" I managed to convince him to save one of them. I pushed pretty hard. In the end....we took all the huge saw logs home. He is cleaning up all of the rest of the debris. It's too bad.

Somebody did the smart thing planting the White oaks and he counteracts that by being stupid. Pin oaks are the dumbest trees on earth next to Silver maples to plant...wait...nevermind...pretty much the same tree.

Somebody did the smart thing planting the White oaks and he counteracts that by being stupid. Pin oaks are the dumbest trees on earth next to Silver maples to plant...wait...nevermind...pretty much the same tree.
whats the deal with pin oak and silver maple? silver maple is great IMO

now, that being said, Pine, and Fir trees are junk, sappy ugly smelly weak trees, cedar is fine tho, smells good lol

Silver maple grow obnoxiously large with brittle wood that doesn't know what a hinge is. Horrible at compartmentalizeing wounds. So trying to remove one is a headache even if you don't have a nasty surprise waiting for you. And their roots are a problem as well. But people love their shade so they stick around far too long. My only problem with pin oaks is deadwooding them. Any branch you try to toss gets stuck one layer after another.

Latest posts

Back