whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Starting day 3 of what began as a 92 tree job. We had 5 left then she asked us to do 72 more! I think her yard looked nice with all the maples and cherry but she wants to turn it into lawn.

Are chainsaw pants/chaps required by OSHA? Two of my guys rarely wear them during the summer. "Big Dave" whose leaning on the mini skid has come close to heat stroke a couple times this summer.

I want to require them but be flexible in the heat.

Screen Shot 2021-08-26 at 7.02.27 PM.png

Starting day 3 of what began as a 92 tree job. We had 5 left then she asked us to do 72 more! I think her yard looked nice with all the maples and cherry but she wants to turn it into lawn.

Are chainsaw pants/chaps required by OSHA? Two of my guys rarely wear them during the summer. "Big Dave" whose leaning on the mini skid has come close to heat stroke a couple times this summer.

if your on the ground chainsaw pants/chaps are required as per osha, and I think ANSI

however when climbing, not required

ive had heatstroke, if its a hot day then I wouldnt bother with chaps, more likely to die from heat than a chainsaw cut

It unbecoming an old fossil like yourself using teenage girl acronyms....
Young marri (Corymbia calophylla) with significant weakness due to stem canker lesion (see deformation of stem at approx half height),
About 40% sound tissue is the minimum I like to climb above with this type of defect, around 25% sound wood once we dissected the weak point on this stem.

"Uhhh (think deep authoritative voice like Will Ferrell in Anchor Man)...I have studied crayfish (Crayfishia pinchouchphylla) extensively here at the Rabbit Institute. I tend to grab 40% sound tissue prior to lifting one so they don't clamp onto my peepee. But if they do I am ready willing and able to dissect them to teach them a good lesson. I often think of myself as the most interesting man (dork) on earth even though I cannot respond with my own pict of Crayfishia pinchpinchouchphylla to prove you wrong Zinster.

Reminiscing about the days you weren't in debt Quesidilla? Those were the best years of your life....

And yes...I'd say that in person lol.

CE68E27F-C63D-4244-9D33-A3D68756884A.jpeg
I’m building a new kind of tree crew, Dave. Something completely different from the usual. And it’s going to work.

That’s one of the things I like about the tree business, everyone does it differently. I’m not saying I’ll never have a crane, I could actually be in a real nice crane much, much sooner with the two lift move. You have to open your mind, Dave.

View attachment 926386
Hahaha. That pics speaks volumes to an old dog like myself! I think I’ve had all those guys before lol! I can tell who’s who and what their deal is just by looking at them! :laugh:

Back