whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice job at some residential properties the local hospital owns. I was a sub of the landscaper- he asked me to remove "two spruce" so I priced it to remove a large spruce in front and a small one (literally 12' high) in back. We started the job and when we were finishing the front one, the hospital maintenance directors come out and ask if we're going to do the "big one" in back. I'm thinking, "what big one?" Apparently, "two spruce" meant "a blue spruce in front and a huge red pine in the back." Thankfully it all worked out and we adjusted our bid accordingly. Ended up calling a small 15 ton crane to go fishing for us and he came right out. We got a few saw logs to boot!

IMG_0362.JPG
1630546764240.jpeg
1630546797750.jpeg
1630546813066.jpeg
1630546847456.jpeg
1630546860725.jpeg
1630546880139.jpeg
1630546899861.jpeg

what moron pays 3K for a saw?

my local dealer has the MS881, never in stock when im there tho, they do have the 500i in stock, damn good looking saw

Hard to pay $3K for the most powerful saw on any job site with receipts from mowing lawns. But if you got it ($)...flaunt it. And it would be hell to carry on your bicycle if you bought one now wouldn't it....little boy. This saw will blow an 881 away. We will probably work a usual 8 hour day today and make 3 or 4 thousand dollars...and you will be on the computer all day at your mommie's house. 16290_485237541534325_1441068594_n.jpg

Nice job at some residential properties the local hospital owns. I was a sub of the landscaper- he asked me to remove "two spruce" so I priced it to remove a large spruce in front and a small one (literally 12' high) in back. We started the job and when we were finishing the front one, the hospital maintenance directors come out and ask if we're going to do the "big one" in back. I'm thinking, "what big one?" Apparently, "two spruce" meant "a blue spruce in front and a huge red pine in the back." Thankfully it all worked out and we adjusted our bid accordingly. Ended up calling a small 15 ton crane to go fishing for us and he came right out. We got a few saw logs to boot!

View attachment 927619
View attachment 927620
View attachment 927621
View attachment 927622
View attachment 927623
View attachment 927624
View attachment 927625
View attachment 927626
That's a neat little crane. Got any full length pictures of it? What's the reach?...about 75?

Hard to pay $3K for the most powerful saw on any job site with receipts from mowing lawns. But if you got it ($)...flaunt it. And it would be hell to carry on your bicycle if you bought one now wouldn't it....little boy. This saw will blow an 881 away. We will probably work a usual 8 hour day today and make 3 or 4 thousand dollars...and you will be on the computer all day at your mommie's house. View attachment 927658
computer all day my ass, believe it or not, I spend time outside, usually breaking stuff, but I do go outside

speaking of, ive gotta replace the throwout bearing on my tractor, it isnt exactly in one piece, probably gonna do the whole clutch since I have to split the entire tractor anyways

The cost of new saws is a small component of setting up a tree business.
im aware, ive been apart of a few family businesses over the years

but, the only saw I can find that comes even close to 3K is a beat up 200T, and that is stupid over priced, unless that saw is made of gold, even then, it wouldnt work if it was gold, and it would be extremely heavy, so I still wouldnt pay that much for one

im aware, ive been apart of a few family businesses over the years

but, the only saw I can find that comes even close to 3K is a beat up 200T, and that is stupid over priced, unless that saw is made of gold, even then, it wouldnt work if it was gold, and it would be extremely heavy, so I still wouldnt pay that much for one

There is a disparity with the exchange rate, but the MS881 retails for $2,999 AUD.

Considering how good the 462, 500 & 661 are, had hoped for a lot more from that saw.

There is a disparity with the exchange rate, but the MS881 retails for $2,999 AUD.

Considering how good the 462, 500 & 661 are, had hoped for a lot more from that saw.
holy crap

so, guess its hydraulic saw for me if I need a big saw, relatively cheap for the saw, I can run it off my tractor, and all in cost less than the 881 (yes, that includes the entire tractor, was $1700)

oh, and a hydraulic will swing a 6ft bar thru hardwood without any care since ALL the power comes from the tractor its driven from

holy crap

so, guess its hydraulic saw for me if I need a big saw, relatively cheap for the saw, I can run it off my tractor, and all in cost less than the 881 (yes, that includes the entire tractor, was $1700)

oh, and a hydraulic will swing a 6ft bar thru hardwood without any care since ALL the power comes from the tractor its driven from

Not sure how your going to swing that off your harness & spikes, but happy to be proven wrong?

That's a neat little crane. Got any full length pictures of it? What's the reach?...about 75?
I think it's only 65' or so without the jib. He only charged me 200 bucks cash for that hospital job! He helps us out to "go fishing" or pull trees off houses fairly often.

5-6 times a year we use a 55 ton. I usually don't get away without spending 1500+ for 4-5 hours.

Your new(?) rear mount looks pretty slick. I like the shorter flat bed as it must be more maneuverable. Is it 4x4?

County Job2.jpg
1630610002753.jpegScreen Shot 2021-09-02 at 3.26.31 PM.png
1630610407639.jpeg
1630610491797.jpeg

Back