whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What block is that?

I'm not a fan of the 881, Stihl needed to give it a lot more pizzaz.

Run a 30" bar on my 880, does it's job, but certainly no war machine in our hardwoods, so always looking at other options.
It is an 880 but fully modded and ported by Ripsaw gaining in the area of 40% gain in power, dynoed prior to shipping back. I have about 20 stihl saws and more than half are ported and modded. Huged difference in power. I want to run it against my ported 661 which I often have to hold back from peaking too high.

I think it's only 65' or so without the jib. He only charged me 200 bucks cash for that hospital job! He helps us out to "go fishing" or pull trees off houses fairly often.

5-6 times a year we use a 55 ton. I usually don't get away without spending 1500+ for 4-5 hours.

Your new(?) rear mount looks pretty slick. I like the shorter flat bed as it must be more maneuverable. Is it 4x4?

View attachment 927756
View attachment 927757View attachment 927769
View attachment 927758
View attachment 927759
That crane is very cool. Especially with the short wheelbase on the tandem axel set up. probably fits places (like above) you'd never expect to get it.

Yeah my rear mount altec is 4x4 and my rear mount crane is tandem rear with all wheel drive on the two rear axles.

^guy I partied with in highschool lived in that green house. He became sort of a movie star and was on Miami Vice series. He was in Stripes, Mo Money, Neighbors with John Laroquette and tons of other stuff. His name is John Diehl. I stole his vacation girlfriend when we went up to Mackanack Island together with a bunch of guys.

https://www.bing.com/search?FORM=U164DF&PC=U164&q=john+diehl

What block is that?

I'm not a fan of the 881, Stihl needed to give it a lot more pizzaz.

Run a 30" bar on my 880, does it's job, but certainly no war machine in our hardwoods, so always looking at other options.
This saw has and will generally have a 47" bar I bought on it. Carried with no problem and will be even better after porting and modding.

120233058_3354131728014575_8695113022423621120_o.jpg

I dont over rev saws

never even let them hit rev limiter, if you do your a dumbass

back to the question: how long do they last compared to a non-modded saw?
You gotta be a dumass not to understand the answer....depends on how you run em. I have been in modded saw race contests and never blown up a saw, even on either or missile mix. You on the other hand, are just a fkn kid. No way could you have the finesse to run a saw like this properly. You can hit the rev limiter...my modded saws have that removed...you just can't pin it on the top of the power band and leave it there...like a kid would...especially a dumass kid with a dull chain that doesn't get why it is not cutting. This is my bike...I could blow it up with 140 hp ..but I won't. I am on my 5th Triumph Speed Triple.

KIMG1699.JPG

It is an 880 but fully modded and ported by Ripsaw gaining in the area of 40% gain in power, dynoed prior to shipping back. I have about 20 stihl saws and more than half are ported and modded. Huged difference in power. I want to run it against my ported 661 which I often have to hold back from peaking too high.

I've been thinking about getting my 88 modded as it's a comparative slug compared to the chain speed of the 462 & 500, these two saws alone (stock) I feel change the way one use a mid size saw.

I tend to run smaller bars on all my mid-large saws for that reason, plus the balance, find it easier to make a double cut scarf with a 25" on the 661 than try to heft the 36" bar around on the same saw.

Removed 25 red pines. Ips beetles hit them hard last year during the drought.
Mark is wearing his shoulder straps :clap:
I like the pic of "Big Dave." That husky is his baby. It's the only one left that we run.
My foreman's last day is tomorrow to start his own company. He's the one in the pic felling. We'll miss him.
I'm looking forward to the cooler weather when I don't have to harass the guys as much to wear the chainsaw pants I bought them.

Treemaster-28_websize.jpg
Treemaster-4_websize.jpg
Treemaster-14_websize.jpg
Treemaster-19_websize.jpgTreemaster-51_websize.jpg
Treemaster-27_websize.jpg

Back