whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What’s like life after ash trees? We’re wrapping it up in southwest CT. I think this will be the last full year of ash trees. Everyone wants them gone now before the winter.
I’ve definitely done alright with the ash trees but should have some way better. Just too many illegals (thousands of them) in my area running around with an old chipper and unlimited cheap labor.

What’s like life after ash trees? We’re wrapping it up in southwest CT. I think this will be the last full year of ash trees. Everyone wants them gone now before the winter.

It’s gonna be like the 80’s again. Only better. ***** galore and all the pure pink Peruvian you can possibly handle! :laugh:

Unless you are a huge td company with mass equipment and employees and you are only a tiny one crew gig, you will have to become an arborist again (if you ever were one). If you over equipped yourself for the tree killing worms then you will add to the flooded market of shiny toys. But some never were an arborist and are only one trick ponies and all they can do is post picts :picture: of financed equipment (no crane or mini :crazy:)...over...and over...and over...and over...again...and again...ad nauseum. :baba: one of which is a giant lawn ornament lol.

I’ve definitely done alright with the ash trees but should have some way better. Just too many illegals (thousands of them) in my area running around with an old chipper and unlimited cheap labor.
I am just curious...you have averaged 12 or 13 posts over the last 10 years which is ONE post per month. What brings on a post. Just curious.

I still say you gotta be one particularly dumb fuch to spend all that $ on equipment and not buy a crane. The fastest td/s are a lift and a crane. Could it be you are scared of not having the brains to set one up and operate it? Beyond your plywood dragging Employment Center help's capabilities to be involved. Asking for a friend.

Unless you are a huge td company with mass equipment and employees and you are only a tiny one crew gig, you will have to become an arborist again (if you ever were one). If you over equipped yourself for the tree killing worms then you will add to the flooded market of shiny toys. But some never were an arborist and are only one trick ponies and all they can do is post picts :picture: of financed equipment (no crane or mini :crazy:)...over...and over...and over...and over...again...and again...ad nauseum. :baba: one of which is a giant lawn ornament
I am just curious...you have averaged 12 or 13 posts over the last 10 years which is ONE post per month. What brings on a post. Just curious.
I like to follow this thread and others. It’s interesting to hear about other companies / equipment / day in and day out operations and market variables such as the ash trees. I’ve been in this biz for a while and have a long way to go. I don’t know it all and the more information I have the better.

I probably lost about 3,000 posts when I got banned for life by Darren a few years ago. Not likely I am gonna tell him he is Masterblaster's beyotch (edited) again so I should be golden. Also Butch is in the Big Chip Box in the sky now so....just sayin....

Knocked this 85, 90 foot black oak yesterday starting at noon and will finish tomorrow and cash in at 5 grand, chaching. No other bids even taken as I saved lady from the town charging her on another huge oak that fell into their street. Crane in street, no wires, boom 20' logs uncut. Leaving grindings.

not exactly today but close enough

my new saw
14" bar almost feels like too much with that brand new super grabby picco super chain but after a sharpen or two the rakers will be high enough
1632089018181.png

Knocked this 85, 90 foot black oak yesterday starting at noon and will finish tomorrow and cash in at 5 grand, chaching. No other bids even taken as I saved lady from the town charging her on another huge oak that fell into their street. Crane in street, no wires, boom 20' logs uncut. Leaving grindings.

Slow down partner. Big rotted tree? Yes. But there are NO hazards anywhere un

slow down partner. Big rotted out tree? Yes. But there are NO hazards anywhere, unless I am missing something. Looks like a pretty easy tree all and all.

Slow down partner. Big rotted tree? Yes. But there are NO hazards anywhere un

slow down partner. Big rotted out tree? Yes. But there are NO hazards anywhere, unless I am missing something. Looks like a pretty easy tree all and all.
See that's what I mean. Never posts a pict of schit and right there to say "ooooow NO hazards....easy tree blah blah". Why tf you think she is paying $5k for it? My guess is you'd schit your panties on that take down being a "learner" and all. Let's see your gear, post up a pict of your work and a vid.

See that's what I mean. Never posts a pict of schit and right there to say "ooooow NO hazards....easy tree blah blah". Why tf you think she is paying $5k for it? My guess is you'd schit your panties on that take down being a "learner" and all. Let's see your gear, post up a pict of your work and a vid.
Ok ok I’ll start documenting my weeks.

Latest posts

Back