whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you ignored this part..."And wonder where that kid (Zin or something like that) went that the Tree MESS seemed to sponsor ("I REALLY like having him around")? You weren't "touching" that kid ...were you?"
That's funny. I don't "roll" that way either but the kid is kinda cute...just sayin.

I didn't say you were and I'm not either...far from it. I just said you were kinda cute. Just an observance from an old man with grand kids your age.
That is why us real tree guys that have been in the biz for decades and even have grand kids should have a room that the kiddies and newbies can not come in and spit their ignorant self worth. Just saying. They can ask and post questions in the 101 unless this in the 101 has combined with this room. If that is the case, get rid of 101 and bring a room with a password protected room for us, you know who you are,
Jeff

Just a suggestion, but happy to lose the petty bickering & actually focus on some real tree stuff.

Not everyone does the job the same way, or with the same equipment, there can be more than one ‘right’ way.

And Zin, have had more girlfriends than you’ve had breakfasts, but ‘homo’ ceased to be an insult decades ago in the modern world.

You learn a lot more being less of a warthog….

That is why us real tree guys that have been in the biz for decades and even have grand kids should have a room that the kiddies and newbies can not come in and spit their ignorant self worth. Just saying. They can ask and post questions in the 101 unless this in the 101 has combined with this room. If that is the case, get rid of 101 and bring a room with a password protected room for us, you know who you are,
Jeff

If you haven’t noticed, I’ve been doing exactly as instructed, oh Viking foreman. I don’t find it hard to ignore him at all. Just saying.

Dave likes petty bickering and arguing (like arguing about climbing stone dead, wavering ash trees vs modern technology). I am only giving him what he wants lol.
What you’re doing isn’t anything new, idk why Dave gets so riled up about it. Maybe it’s not having a crane. Maybe it’s all the plywood and roping down all the wood, but that’s what sets you apart. Definitely not gonna get a complaint about that from a customer. You’re gonna slay dead ash for years with that lift.

We’re past the dead ash phase here in Ohio and the guys with tracked lifts kicked ass. It’s the best way to get these really dead trees down efficiently and safely. I would have turned down tons of jobs if I hadn’t been able to rent Grace Tree’s Omme. He was cutting edge around here, first guy I knew with a mini skid and first guy with a large tracked lift. Now it’s all about the treemek and merlo’s and sennebogen’s.

Will there be a forum for us real tree guys or is this it? I don't want to play in the kiddie room like some of you.
Jeff
It was a beautiful Saturday!, :cool:
maybe, if once in a while, you offer some insight or direction on how to do something as opposed to a constant looking for a place to spill your knowledge over all of us while complaining that nobody is worthy of your knowledge, the site a nd a thread my be productive for you.

All I know about you after how many years is that you used to climb trees and now your a glorified groundie giving others direction and occasionally giving them a citation for leaving a hitch pin on the ground.

What you’re doing isn’t anything new, idk why Dave gets so riled up about it. Maybe it’s not having a crane. Maybe it’s all the plywood and roping down all the wood, but that’s what sets you apart. Definitely not gonna get a complaint about that from a customer. You’re gonna slay dead ash for years with that lift.

We’re past the dead ash phase here in Ohio and the guys with tracked lifts kicked ass. It’s the best way to get these really dead trees down efficiently and safely. I would have turned down tons of jobs if I hadn’t been able to rent Grace Tree’s Omme. He was cutting edge around here, first guy I knew with a mini skid and first guy with a large tracked lift. Now it’s all about the treemek and merlo’s and sennebogen’s.

How many people you know with merlos? Only one I’ve seen is owned by Reon rounds

I think Dave’s Irish. Maybe he’s trying to compensate for something… or the lack of. Lol

It’s a telehandler make. You can get them with grapple saws in the head. Pretty cool. Also, I think you can drive them on the road. Maybe I’m wrong about that last part.

They are damn handy & like many handy things, bloody expensive.

Quite a few large scale farmers roll them in my area, hired them occasionally for lifting large logs, making huge burn piles etc. Also used one for dragging my chipper out of a boggy paddock. Had to drive in reverse while extending boom, then retract boom to drag chipper, 5 or 6m at a time, for 800m!! Not many other tools close by could have used to get the chipper out of that situation.

Road licensable & handle better than your average Isuzu truck, about the same top speed as well.

How many people you know with merlos? Only one I’ve seen is owned by Reon rounds
I don’t even think he owns that one. Russell Tree in Columbus has had one for couple years. Sennebogen is pretty similar, there is a company by me with one of those. Another guy is about to get his new treemek, largest one ever made for tree work, right at million dollars.

What’s like life after ash trees? We’re wrapping it up in southwest CT. I think this will be the last full year of ash trees. Everyone wants them gone now before the winter.

Latest posts

Back