whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Planted a new Christmas tree yesterday at the town green. Hopefully the Canaan fir will survive! There have been Norway Spruce, Blue Spruce, and White Spruce previously in a different spot on the green. There's a big tree lighting ceremony there every year. Hopefully it will someday be a grand old tree.

1632709230854.png
1632709254085.png
1632709277251.png

1632709303075.png

Where you been.? You missed roll call yesterday. Out in the woods with no reception?

Family duties.

Had to go to wedding up in the city & spend some time with the little monsters.

Went to the zoo this morning (public holiday), more a case of the animals watching all parents struggling with rioting children than the other way round. Had to pull my youngest (<2) of the Galapagos tortoise, barramundi & jabiru enclosures in quick succession. Threatened to put my four year old in with the African hunting dogs if he didn't calm down....

Jumped from a quick family trip to Darwin into a long backlog of jobs.

Back to a small community adjoining national park, mostly regrowth, but high rainfall area with some of the taller pockets of karri getting back up over 60m now. One of my grandfathers worked in the timber mills in what is now national park, recently picked up the contract for the climbing side of tree works with the conservation department, so some good technical stuff, big trees on cliffs, in cave entrances, old habitat trees, lightning etc.

First part of job was insurance, cleaning up a big marri had felled during storms (few weeks of +100km/h) earlier in the winter, part of the crown had fallen & landed on shed, another section failed, hung in crown & loaded up everything above house. To dangerous to climb in the wind, had to fell it from ground against lean, into the wind. Then removed a smaller marri above water tank (in photos). Our climate is seasonally wet & dry, so many rural lots rely of tank water storage over the five-six summer months without significant rain, hence losing your water storage due to fallen limb is undesirable. Couple of hours for Dolph Lundgren to get it down into narrow gap on one of the firebreaks.

Have been using the Vermeer to 'spring' the zipline when working on trees with lateral spread, works well, can pop limbs & smaller blocks over objects nicely, just have to dial in the timing with climber & machine operator.

bm1-jpg.931659

bm2-jpg.931685

bm3-jpg.931686

bm4-jpg.931687

bm5-jpg.931688

Attachments

• BM1.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 125
  • BM2.JPG
    6.9 MB · Views: 128
  • BM3.JPG
    5.2 MB · Views: 127
  • BM4.JPG
    4.4 MB · Views: 129
  • BM5.JPG
    4.2 MB · Views: 129
its not always about having the best equipment making a ton of money. Look at Reg Coates. Not everybody wants to grow their company. I am happy with my smaller crew as long as we're having fun, still make good money. Some people on here are very vain
That is kind of a vain statement that you and Coates are the way to be happy instead of being more aggressive. To each their own. I push production and thoroughly enjoy it.

ps...Reg and you prob not a valid comparison as Reg has lots of stuff going on besides tree work making him money. And if you are short on money it hard to be happy with anything.

Latest posts

Back