whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you ever ran a bandit or morbark chipper? I think you would sell the Vermeer in a heart beat.
I ran a Morbark as a demo before I bought my new Vermeer. My OLD Vermeer embarrassed the Morbark and the sales rep. Ate everything the Morbark couldn't.

Needles to say, went with the Vermeer.

Mor-bark than bite that red machine was

Speaking of expensive trucks, here's one that isn't: https://www.facebook.com/marketplac...ghtspeed_banner&referralCode=messenger_banner

1632617337871.png

Sadly, we drove to Ohio the other day to buy it and it wouldn't start! After we unsuccessfully tooled with it for an hour I told him I'm gonna pass and left. He called me 15 minutes later and said he was able to get it going. Needless to say, I think there will be more hidden problems for whoever buys it. It's not as clean as it looks in the pictures. Turns out it's a 96 f700. I can see this breaking down with a full load on a backroad without cell service.

The thought of buying a shiny new truck is appealing. But debt can be a cruel mistress.

I ran a Morbark as a demo before I bought my new Vermeer. My OLD Vermeer embarrassed the Morbark and the sales rep. Ate everything the Morbark couldn't.

Needles to say, went with the Vermeer.

Mor-bark than bite that red machine was
You didn’t even know what a tie off on the trunk was the other day. Basic **** 101. Nobody buys a Vermeer after a morbark. Besides Hunicke, show me another serious tree guy running a Vermeer. They get the job done, but they are the bottom dweller of the industry.

They just don’t stack up apples to apples. I’ve had 3 Vermeer grinders in the past that I fixed up to flip, just not up to par with the competition.

Speaking of expensive trucks, here's one that isn't: https://www.facebook.com/marketplac...ghtspeed_banner&referralCode=messenger_banner

View attachment 931426

Sadly, we drove to Ohio the other day to buy it and it wouldn't start! After we unsuccessfully tooled with it for an hour I told him I'm gonna pass and left. He called me 15 minutes later and said he was able to get it going. Needless to say, I think there will be more hidden problems for whoever buys it. It's not as clean as it looks in the pictures. Turns out it's a 96 f700. I can see this breaking down with a full load on a backroad without cell service.

The thought of buying a shiny new truck is appealing. But debt can be a cruel mistress.
I would avoid that guy, he’s just an ex drug dealer that got into trees. He flipped a crane last year and has it listed for sale. One of my ex employees said he saw Phil rigging a tree off a house using the chimney as a rigging point. 😂😂😂😂

You’re better off buying an elevator than a 4x4 60’. You’ll more than likely have mats on the deck of the bucket and will put them down for most lawns, so 4x4 really won’t be needed.
That is a straight up load of horseschit from someone who knows nothing about what they are talking about. But then I use technique no one on here gets. No tree I cannot do with my 60/65 footer. Things like this are just said out of jealousy. I wouldn't take his more expensive financed out the a$$ elevator on a straight trade today. Who is gonna put and take off duramats from that high on a bed (even fknut's splinter inventory would be stoopit to store that high)...dumb a$$ comment. No 4x4 needed....retard regurgitation.

The extra weight generated by that huge elevator makes it a waste of money. That dumb fk who owns it, and again you would have trouble finding either mine or his anywhere across the country they are so rare, has made it mostly a lawn ornament in his front yard he uses it so rarely. My puddle jumper goes out every day and is way more useful than his even if he didn't have his potty lift. It is more maneuverable , fits into tighter spots and is lighter. All he gets is 10 feet straight up....no extra side reach...none.

You run your mouth about a tiny whatever tf chipper you got out chipping a larger Vermeer. You are a blowhard with no taste and barely any knowledge and that is why you been around so long ( I remember you from way back on AS) and you are still just a per hour employee. Sad. Must have a tiny dk.

The best thing about the 4x4 these days is in the winter when the town plows me in (or the fact that the bucket has heat). I can walk right through that ****. Other than that there are, and will be times when it’s huge, but generally the 4x4 aspect is outmoded by the track lift.
That track lift is slow as a snail and probably the tippiest piece of equipment to ever enter a jobsite. They won't get up any kind of a grade (it is comical when I drive by a group of dummies standing at the bottom of a hill looking comically confused with one of those and machine at the bottom of the hill and skid marks all up the side of the hill...huge lol) and that is why you probably turn down or bid yourself out of mass # of jobs.

But again when the ash worm migrates away, and it will, your tiny band of 2 employees and your princess bucket baby ass will dry up into the non significant entity you were before as the income you generate doesn't come close to substantiate what you have spent on equipment and moreso post eab. sad. Picture a flower wilting.

You "couldn't live without your potty lift" but post eab...your potty lift WILL live...without you lol.

That is a straight up load of horseschit from someone who knows nothing about what they are talking about. But then I use technique no one on here gets. No tree I cannot do with my 60/65 footer. Things like this are just said out of jealousy. I wouldn't take his more expensive financed out the a$$ elevator on a straight trade today. Who is gonna put and take off duramats from that high on a bed (even fknut's splinter inventory would be stoopit to store that high)...dumb a$$ comment. No 4x4 needed....retard regurgitation.

The extra weight generated by that huge elevator makes it a waste of money. That dumb fk who owns it, and again you would have trouble finding either mine or his anywhere across the country they are so rare, has made it mostly a lawn ornament in his front yard he uses it so rarely. My puddle jumper goes out every day and is way more useful than his even if he didn't have his potty lift. It is more maneuverable , fits into tighter spots and is lighter. All he gets is 10 feet straight up....no extra side reach...none.

You run your mouth about a tiny whatever tf chipper you got out chipping a larger Vermeer. You are a blowhard with no taste and barely any knowledge and that is why you been around so long ( I remember you from way back on AS) and you are still just a per hour employee. Sad. Must have a tiny dk.
Glad I could illicit such a thoughtful post from the tree god. Surprising you never took your talents to a more rewarding/well regarded industry.

Vermeer is the Case of the tree industry. A Municipal/Govt and utility focused company that honestly doesn’t compete with the best of what the industry offers. Look across the country at the leading residential tree companies, it’s morbark and bandit controlling the market. My pitiful experience doesn’t even need to be brought up to support this assessment. 😂

Glad I could illicit such a thoughtful post from the tree god. Surprising you never took your talents to a more rewarding/well regarded industry.

Vermeer is the Case of the tree industry. A Municipal/Govt and utility focused company that honestly doesn’t compete with the best of what the industry offers. Look across the country at the leading residential tree companies, it’s morbark and bandit controlling the market. My pitiful experience doesn’t even need to be brought up to support this assessment. 😂
Discount equipment ...like Husqvarna. Vermeer is the state of the art and a shame everyone cannot afford it but a reality nonetheless. If I needed to I'd buy a bc2100 or an ax19...but I don't need to. Can't remember a day of down time going back in my memory of say 10 years. None. Just maintenance. And we can chip 20" stuff. Had a Vermeer BC1250A with curbside with 110 hp turbo diesel brand new before that back in 99 I think. Never had a problem with that either. Just sold for a big unit. We take care of our stuff and don't beat it like some lower echelon hacks tho (wink).

$175k
Sell the bucket I have now
Put the tax savings into the new truck. Which would be a lot.
Put some money down
Finance under 5%. Maybe under 4%.
72 maybe 84 months.
Its more affordable than you think
run it, no breakdowns, no down time. Before you know it it’s payed off and you have a valuable asset.
How about a picture of the 70' bucket you have now? Signed, Curious.

Latest posts

Back