whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
probably can’t find one. Anything new is 6 months out . Why do you assume I couldn’t afford one?

I looked at your website and I have evaluated from your posts. Do you have any idea what that truck would cost new? The guy bought it used.
$175k
Sell the bucket I have now
Put the tax savings into the new truck. Which would be a lot.
Put some money down
Finance under 5%. Maybe under 4%.
72 maybe 84 months.
Its more affordable than you think
run it, no breakdowns, no down time. Before you know it it’s payed off and you have a valuable asset.

$175k
Put some money down
72 maybe 84 months.
run it, no breakdowns, no down time. Before you know it it’s payed off and you have a valuable asset.
Locking rear end. Not 4x4. Definitely can’t afford 4x4

You will make more money with the 4x4. Less down time (stuck)...more access, quicker access. It is like the diametric opposite of a bucket on a chip truck.

My buddy bought a used elevator for 72k a month or so ago. It’s a nice truck and should be good for many more years. I rented it a couple weeks ago, that extra height is the game changer.
The truck I have now is 70 foot working height and I’ve done enough trees where I’ve needed every foot.

$175k
Put some money down
72 maybe 84 months.

Yup. Mine was 206k in 2017 (it’s a 2018) when I had it built. 330hp ISL Cummins. Maybe 8.9 liters? Allison RDS 3500. 618 gears. Tows well up here. I told Bill at terex to make sure I could tow a 16k pound trailer. It does.

I’d have to check the wheelbase. The 4x4’s are a little longer because of the transfer case, etc.

The best thing about the 4x4 these days is in the winter when the town plows me in (or the fact that the bucket has heat). I can walk right through that ****. Other than that there are, and will be times when it’s huge, but generally the 4x4 aspect is outmoded by the track lift.

Back